British Speedway Forum

As far as I'm aware Matt can't stop any asset (who he's not including in the 1-7) riding elsewhere. Can make it hard by asking daft loan fees or "insisting" on a full transfer, but essentially it would be seen as a restraint of trade?

• Like 2

So Buster would like NKI he will need to call Matt for permission. Matt won't stand in the way but I'm sure end of June when Matt could of introduced Batch (could not use Chris as against the rules) before the window shut could work against Buster. Of course a rider will ride where he wants but actions can always have other reactions down the line.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Not sure anyone gets on with MH!

well that line isn't that bad is it? can't see Jack not riding for us, got plenty of improvement to come and could teach his brother a thing or two about racing when the track isn't to his liking!

Gonna take a long time for Chris to get that monkey of his back huh ? ;-)

As for Jack I think he has a decent future.

Interesting looking at the POL EXL rider stats for 2017.

There are 55 rider stats listed for those regular riders in 2017 (no idea why 55 when 8 x 7 - 56 riders. Anyway.

If Jack were to finish in the top 35 he would only need around 5.4 av excl bonus points per 4 rides. Such an av puts you ahead of Kildermand/Walasek/Thorssell.Musielak/Andreas Jonsson.

Of the 24 unclassified riders who rode in a few meetings, Jack was top and Brady second. Jack form 4 meetings and Brady from 2.

Perhaps one can see why the top league in the World wants to sign such potential prestigious talent for 2018.

I still think Matt would be crazy not to sign Jack alongside Chris. I think Chris will be mentor to Jack in UK and POL and both can tap into the prestigious Monster Sponsorship deals as well.

Having Chris/Jack and Brady all signed by POL EXL cant be bad. Especially when you consider riders such as Cook can only get a POL Nice 1 place despite having qualified for the SGP.

Its what we build around these guys which is important in my book.

Holder is OK for you lot for 2018 then now he's on a low average, fickle!!

Not fickle just sound business sense.

He wasn't signed as his high GSA under new calc for 2017 would have meant problems further down the team. Probably right decision considering Holders poor form for so long due to engine tuning issues well documented also by Alan Johns on the main Polish website in last week.

However with a 7.16 GSA for 2018 one would be barmy not to try and sign the guy bearing in mind he was third in the real GSA's to only Doyle & NKI in 2016.

Considering NKI would come back with 9.04 and Holder with 7.16 for 2018 then surely common sense dictates Holder is worth a gamble in trying to get back to near or on to his 2016 GSA.

Of course much will depend on IF he can get the gremlins out of his tuning problems of 2016 as with the Darcy loss of 20165 as also his personal breakup with his partner and Max's mum soon after should now be behind him so no excuses on the emotional front for me for 2018.

Hopefully if he also has young bro Jack alongside he can also take on the mantle of mentor just as he will be doing so for Torun and also recognised by Torun in recent press releases after following their signings.

Have said earlier he deserves next season to HOPEFULLY prove the doubters wrong.

I do not defend his actions at that meeting at KL in 2017 so don't get me wrong, but he was suspended/sacked and then banned and fined so the situation is over in that respect come the start of 2018.

Holder is OK for you lot for 2018 then now he's on a low average, fickle!!

poole should have kept Holder last season. He may have proved to be a top number one at Poole like Doyle and Lindgren were and the management could still have had a good team and pushed for the league.

Where's this 'NKI is a Poole asset' come from??

NB. Any relaxation of the Polish '3 league only' rule is dependent on the BSPA approving the fixed night proposal at their AGM. The Poles won't announce/confirm anything until the BSPA confirm their decision!! Even then I won't believe it til I see it in black and white!!

• Like 1

This year poole will be going all out for the league win...That's what they do if didn't win it the previous year.

• Like 1

Have said earlier he deserves next season to HOPEFULLY prove the doubters wrong.

I do not defend his actions at that meeting at KL in 2017 so don't get me wrong, but he was suspended/sacked and then banned and fined so the situation is over in that respect come the start of 2018.

You say the situation is over and we should move on. Try telling that to the many fans who went home early that day and haven't been seen since.

• Like 1

This year poole will be going all out for the league win...That's what they do if didn't win it the previous year.

They must have failed miserably this year then. :wink:

• Like 1

Oops..I meant next year .

Still doesn't make sense as Poole haven't won for 2 seasons. :wink: