British Speedway Forum

As Matt also said, there are still some things that weren't confirmed at the AGM and still need further clarification - not least the averages of riders that either haven't ridden here before or not for over 3 years??!!

If you're wondering where your shoveller is, he's on the Coventry thread - shovelling as usual

• Like 2

With Matt's comments today about ensuring Somerset are stronger with a decent number 1 - how about loaning Brady back to the Rebels for a season, along with both Holders??? Just a thought!! :-)

Then we wouldn't be left with anyone.

Don't quite know what to make of this comment from Matt in the Echo.

“I don’t necessarily believe a higher average will help some of the younger riders at the bottom end of the team because I think there may be a few more experienced riders coming back to this country.

He isn't even guaranteeing Shanes a spot saying he has to look at the numbers.

Only young riders I can think of further down the team are Holder Jr and Shanes from last season.

Not unusual for the echo to throw names around but none of us know what the POL regulations will be (assume they will now decide as BSPA AGM finished). Plus what will riders who rode in previous seasons such as 2014/15/16 be assessed at as a GSA. Also what about young poles Poles etc who may only have ridden as Juniors in their teams. Can you really have a crazy situation where Woryna gets in on 4.65 but some other high profile juniors (prefer not to name in case on Matt's shopping list) get assessed at say 6 or 7.

Would be good if BSPA or SCB (whoever decides these things) put out some clarification.

For me seems still a few grey areas need clarification. But then again we are only the fans who support the sport i.e the mushrooms who are kept in the dark ;-)

Shanes shouldn't be in the team if Brady is at No.1.

We already have a strong reserve in Woryna and Brady is going to need massive back up. Would rather use the extra point in the top 5 backing Brady up instead of using it on a reserve.

Is this what we get the same person under 2,000 aliases putting up basically the same team and saying the same thing how boring yawn yawn cmon mods this is getting ridiculous!!

If you block them all, the forum become much, much more bearable. Shame that the admin doesn't just perma-ban their IP.

• Like 1

As Matt also said, there are still some things that weren't confirmed at the AGM and still need further clarification - not least the averages of riders that either haven't ridden here before or not for over 3 years??!!

Hope they sort it sooner rather than later.

They have probably all known about this 8 point proposal well in advance and should have had the calculators out already or what the plans are for said riders as its obvious to most that riders up to 8 would now be in demand. A number of which had not ridden here for 2/3/4 years. Also rules governing young riders as mentioned in my last post.

Not sure how long that takes to decide but having taken such a big decision on the 1 x 8 point or plus rule they should have the back up decision for the riders in question (and young riders) quickly following on so that the decision makers in the teams can plasn accordingly.

For example: Matt may well know who he wants as number one so maybe sorted but what if he wanted Janowski/one or both Pawlicki's or Milik or any host of riders who rode here below or above 8 prior to 2016/17 ??

Secondly what if Matt wants an exciting young Pole (or Swede or Dane). He gets Woryna on 4.65 as one assumes he will be allowed his 2016 GSA. I would have thought this was clarified by the relevant authorities prior to him signing him for 2018. What would other youngsters from overseas who have for example never ridden here be assessed on.

How can you plan a team if you are ready to sound out riders around Europe if you have no idea what GSA they will be given ??

I guess Leon Madsen would come in on a 7. Has never been a gp rider and doesnt get in World Cup teams.

Madsens a lot lot better rider now, than when he was with us before

Madsens a lot lot better rider now, than when he was with us before

Agreed. But i think due to what he rides in now he might come in on a 7.

As i said before never wanted to ride over before just one season for us not going to get any better now so i think forget him now imo

I'm completely baffled, they agree to fix race nights in the hope of getting the bigger names back into British speedway, then they say only one rider per team over 8 , which rules them out anyway, you couldn't make it up

AS many including myself have said here previously, the prime objective of the fixed race nights was to avoid fixture clashes between Premiership and Championship tracks.

• Like 2

AS many including myself have said here previously, the prime objective of the fixed race nights was to avoid fixture clashes between Premiership and Championship tracks.

It was also to attract some of the bigger names back over here, all it will do now is water it down even more

Until every team is declared, how do you know it hasn't or won't?? Got one extra gp rider already, and some of the so called top riders have averages under 8.

It was also to attract some of the bigger names back over here, all it will do now is water it down even more

On the whole we can't afford 3 and 4k guarantees.Cut occording to cloth.

I wonder if we have news coming tomorrow. No news on the echo tonight and Wednesday is normally the day when Pirates news gets put up on the echo.

Just a guess.