British Speedway Forum

Must have been about 30 riders mentioned as riding for Poole next season.

Im surprised that so far only Woryna has been signed and Matt Ford has nobody else.

Kurtz will be back im sure but the rest of the side could be anyones guess.

Why would Leon Madsen ride over here as according to Poole Pirates Fanatic / BrandonBob / Gater1, Iversen wont ride because of the Danish league on a Wednesday?? Whats the difference with Madsen?

Difference is Madsen hasn't wanted British racing for a very long time.

Iversen needs to get round the Polish rule first and then its Wednesday night racing. 2 potential stumbling blocks for him.

1.Kurtz=8.08

2.Kacper G=5.51

3.Madsen=7.00

4.Wright=6.69

5.Holder=7.16

6. Woryna= 4.65

7.Shanes=2.95

If KAcper G is on that 5.51 and Madsen somehow comes on a 7(NO GP and No national team he might come in on a 7).

Think that team would be pretty good especially with Wright at 4 he is solid.

Madsen hasn't been interested in Britain for a long time so why would he be interested now.

Madsen would be a gamble. Hasn't ridden here for a long time.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Hope thats not a sign that MF is being ruled by his heart rather than his head??!

NB. I assume that as there has been no announcement to the contrary - each team will still have to track 2 Brits (or riders that have ridden NL)?!

Yes that could be a problem fitting two GB riders in. Maybe Brady could apply for dual nationality!

How many riders you signing??? Anyone would think you are the same bloke as the other fellow

We have our own squad system!

• Like 1

Difference is Madsen hasn't wanted British racing for a very long time.

But he's a far better rider now than he was then. No gamble to me..

No he's not Mike, and he's a bottler, saw that in the sec.

• Like 2

No he's not Mike, and he's a bottler, saw that in the sec.

Ok i'l shut up. :D

• Like 2

Doesn't matter about what he's done abroad. Different set up in the UK.

Look at certain rider's scores in Poland and when they come to Britain they flop.

However I would take a chance on Madsen if he wanted a British return.

Doesn't matter about what he's done abroad. Different set up in the UK.

Look at certain rider's scores in Poland and when they come to Britain they flop.

However I would take a chance on Madsen if he wanted a British return.

Could also be the case with Woryna?

• Like 1

Must have been about 30 riders mentioned as riding for Poole next season.

Im surprised that so far only Woryna has been signed and Matt Ford has nobody else.

Kurtz will be back im sure but the rest of the side could be anyones guess.

Why would Leon Madsen ride over here as according to Poole Pirates Fanatic / BrandonBob / Gater1, Iversen wont ride because of the Danish league on a Wednesday?? Whats the difference with Madsen?

Gav

Madsen has not signed for any SWE side in 2018 and he rode for the Champs Smederna in 2017 (League winners).

All the top riders have already signed up in Oct/Nov and near enough all the main slots have gone with exception of maybe some SWE junior slots.

The only other major non SWE signing was Vaculik not signing preferring to ride UK in 2018 for more smaller/technical track experience.

Before you go writing Madsen off consider the flwg:

In 2009 as a 20 year old he rode only 7 matches. In 2010 as a 21 year old he rode in 29 matches for a GSA of 6.10.

In comparison a certain My Jason Doyle who is 3 years older was achieving GSA's of between 4/5.50.

One thing I always thought Madsen could do was just as Jason could do was electric gating. Something that imo has held both riders in good stead as their careers have progressed.

You cannot judge a rider who rode here for 1 and a bit seasons at 2o/21 compared to a rider just now turned 29 in September and who has climbed to 4th in the av of the best and hardest league in the World i.e POL EXL.

Maybe at times you may well think he has as one poster put it "bottled it" (in SEC). BUT his league form has been exceptionally good in POL EXL.

If you need any more evidence then he helped Smederna win the SWE league this season just gone. Feel free to view his performance in the 2nd leg of the final on youtube. Its only 25 mins long but shows what he can do incl winning the final race of the night.

He is a more mature and better rider than his early days, and if Ford can get him on a sensible GSA then for sure worth considering.

P.S: His gating still a big asset from what I can see and that's half the battle.

Could also be the case with Woryna?

Could be you never know. Completely different set up over here. Still a great signing on a ridiculously low average.

Could be you never know. Completely different set up over here. Still a great signing on a ridiculously low average.

Yes i agree could and should be a good signing especially if he starts at reserve.

Yes i agree could and should be a good signing especially if he starts at reserve.

I think that is the secret in early part of the season.

Believe the new GSA's only come into effect when?? End May early June ??

Meaning they could have a hidden gem for 2.5 months until he moves up to main team.

For me the secret at Poole will be who is best to drop into that reserve roll after he moves out, as if Shanes does get signed (to help points further up the team) then they want a strong potential reserve and for me the likes of Holder Jr, Ellis, Gomolski (just a few to be named) would be ideal.

But we shall see in the coming weeks.

Shame your lot not moving up but look fwd to seeing them at my local club (Lakeside) which is only 30 mins drive away as I am in Chelmsford.

Yep mate not so far from your neck of the woods ;-)

Not all doom & gloom at the BSPA as this AGM gives me the choice of a 3 plus hour drive to see the Prem team I support plus a 30 min drive on non clashing nights (or Sun) to see the best of Champ and some of the future of the sport in UK such as Jack P.B - Jack Smith - Bewley and others.

KW will be at reserve.

Edited by Skidder1

Madsen hasn't been over for quite a while so they might reassess that average.

Quite possibly, should be higher on experience I guess.

Seems like Ellis will be in the Swindon 1-5. Who is going to be our other brit? Hope its not Newman.

Hoping for Robert Lambert.

Brit options: S. Worrall, R. Lambert, King, Bates, Newman, Kennett, Starke, R. Worrall, Harris, Nicholls, Wright, Lawson, Kerr & Howarth.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic