British Speedway Forum

I read that both Matt & Middlo will be at the pop up Speedway shop in Poole on Saturday.

Cant help thinking most of their day will be spent fending off questions from the eager Poole faithful as to what is going on re signings for 2018.

I am not going to make a 3 plus hour drive down Poole way just for the shop opening.

Any who are going may want to ask what is going on re the rider assessment & new rider GSA situation is bearing in mind that probably most interested BSF followers & Speedway would probably like to know.

Cant believe nearly one week on that Promotors still don't know what the likes of the 2 new Leicester boys and any other good riders without a current (or within last 2 years) GSA will be for 2018. I am also intrigued what those young riders say under 21 with no Uk experience will be assessed at like your Drabyks - Smektala's plus the young Danes/Swedes in similar situations.

Also will Woryna def be given his 4.65 GSA from 2016 bearing in mind he is on the BSPA signed list of riders for Poole in 2018.

Building a team without Andersen and Shanes.

Andersen wont improve his average and Shanes wont D/UP due to other commitments and Championship fixtures being run Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Also expect teams to build with strength in depth next season so Shanes wont be getting easy rides against the opposing No.7s.

1. B. Kurtz 8.08

2. Newman 4.86

3. C. Holder 7.16

4. Przedpelski 7.00

5. R. Lambert 7.38

6. Woryna 4.65

7. Perks 3.33

Why Przedpelski? Lambert will surely be at Kings Lynn and Perks isn't an improvement on Shanes, also I doubt Newman will be in the team either.

Thought it would be about time you recommended M J Jensen, like you always used to.

Kenny Bjerre was a favourite of his too I believe!

Why Przedpelski? Lambert will surely be at Kings Lynn and Perks isn't an improvement on Shanes, also I doubt Newman will be in the team either.

With the silence from all areas I don't think any rider is guaranteed to be anywhere at the moment. (other than the 2 Leicester boys and Woryna)

Let's hope the BSPA/SCB really do get their finger out on these GSA's that probably all promoters are waiting on so they can move forward.

Not even Swindon have announced their 2 new assets as actually team appointed for 2018 yet. But that probably more to do with if its Doyle or Morris due to the points diff.

If C. Holder signs then they both ride for Torun so they could travel from Poland together.

Lambert I'm not so sure about a KL return. He needs a season away from KL and he has always been linked with us so maybe something could happen.

Matt is having doubts about Shanes saying on the radio he could get exposed and I have to agree. Next year teams are going to be built with strength in depth and there aren't going to be easy rides against No.7's next season. Shanes has Grass and long track commitments so I doubt he would get a 2nd division spot with race night's being Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday and if he's short of confidence at any stage then it wouldn't do us favours. So I have picked Perks due to a good season in the Championship in 2017 and as a No.7 he would do a decent job.

My reasoning behind Newman is if Lambert doesn't join Poole then we are going to need a 2nd Brit and its now a cert Ellis is signing for Swindon so we might as well go with our own asset and he will drop to reserve after the first set of GSA's come out with Woryna moving up.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Newman will not be at poole and perks is not a better rider than james so he wint be there either never seen lamberts linked with poole either ?

• Like 2

Newman will not be at poole and perks is not a better rider than james so he wint be there either never seen lamberts linked with poole either ?

Nothing should surprise us speedway supporters after the announcements made by Leicester.

Doubt virtually anyone outside of the top table at Leicester could really see either MV or KP signing for them at this early stage.

I am sure that any promoter in the know about rider plans (also not knowing a lot of overseas riders GSA or assessed av for 2018) will let anything slip this early.

You hear such conflicting info. Matt said in one article he wanted James back for 2018 - another one where he said cant guarantee him a place as will depend on points make up of the team - another one where he says young riders lower down the team might lose out to more experienced riders returning to these shores (was that in general or a specific mention to the Poole team ??) - The latest comment was about a radio interview he has done where he allegedly said that he has concerns Shanes may be too exposed ??. Not helped I suppose with Shanes commitments to both Grass and Longtrack which will almost certainly rule him out of the Champ this season due to clash of fixtures and he wont give either of those 2 up where he is more of a up and coming young star. I personally think he will struggle if he doesn't broaden his Speedway experience and also sort his gating out, which imo he cant just riding Prem.

To be honest I don't know what to believe with all these snippets coming out which neither confirm or deny who may or may not be in the team.

Nothing should surprise us speedway supporters after the announcements made by Leicester.

Doubt virtually anyone outside of the top table at Leicester could really see either MV or KP signing for them at this early stage.

I am sure that any promoter in the know about rider plans (also not knowing a lot of overseas riders GSA or assessed av for 2018) will let anything slip this early.

You hear such conflicting info. Matt said in one article he wanted James back for 2018 - another one where he said cant guarantee him a place as will depend on points make up of the team - another one where he says young riders lower down the team might lose out to more experienced riders returning to these shores (was that in general or a specific mention to the Poole team ??) - The latest comment was about a radio interview he has done where he allegedly said that he has concerns Shanes may be too exposed ??. Not helped I suppose with Shanes commitments to both Grass and Longtrack which will almost certainly rule him out of the Champ this season due to clash of fixtures and he wont give either of those 2 up where he is more of a up and coming young star. I personally think he will struggle if he doesn't broaden his Speedway experience and also sort his gating out, which imo he cant just riding Prem.

To be honest I don't know what to believe with all these snippets coming out which neither confirm or deny who may or may not be in the team.

Same problem I have with Shanes. I don't see the point tbh. League is going to be tougher next year no protected races against poor No.7's. Most Championship fixtures being run on a weekend so I doubt teams would sign him knowing that they would have to get guests in. If his confidence goes then we are stuffed because you cant get a replacement in when his average is 2.95.

Matt Ford wouldn't mention all of this and then sign him imo. Matt is having doubts and he is right.

Edited by Poole Pirates Fanatic

Robert Lambert always gets linked to Poole in the winter, has done for the last 3/4 years. So I won't hold my breath on it actually happening this time!

Yes Matt did say he wanted James back.. But he does need more meetings.

Edited by Starman2006

Matt knows exactly how best to use the local media to keep Poole in the sports pages through the Winter months.

Incidentally - a bit like Swindon's announcement about signing Adam and Zack as assets - Woryna hasn't yet been officially announced as in the 2018 line-up, despite him being listed on the BSPA site!!!

As for James Shanes I reckon he will double up/down with one of the Championship Thursday tracks - 2 of which offered him a deal mid-season this year but by then he had too many fixture clashes.

I will be amazed if he's not Poole's Number 7 in 2018.

Edited by Skidder1

I hope your right. He was a shining light last season with his never say die attitude. It was very clear for all to see that he was scoring points through pure guts and determination rather than his skill level, which improved as the season wore on. If he had had the benefit of championship team to double or treble his meetings I feel sure his improvement would have been even more dramatic.

Not sure if he is still going to prioritize his grass/long track meetings in 2018 but if he wants to be a good speedway rider he needs to put those ambitions on the back burner for a period and concentrate on the shale. He could develop into a very good rider.

• Like 3

perks is not a better rider than james so he wint be there

Of course Perks is a better rider, you only have to look at their respective averages.

However I'd have Shanes everytime tho.

• Like 1

Of course Perks is a better rider, you only have to look at their respective averages.

However I'd have Shanes everytime tho.

Id also have Shanes everytime but as ive said he needs more meetings. His track craft is none existant.

I see Matt has wrote in the echo, exciting things happening in the pipeline, wonder what that could be

I see Matt has wrote in the echo, exciting things happening in the pipeline, wonder what that could be

Drabik and Przedpelski at 3 & 4 lol. Just kidding.