British Speedway Forum

It's the off season..we are all doing other stuff..no one cares...but if they like the team they will buy season tickets before Christmas or for Christmas. Chris always does it in one go and it's never been a problem before....but I suppose it must be wrong if someone poole supporter thinks so

Exactly , i'd prefer the Aces to anounce the starting line up early if anything , but ultimately its not important

It wont spoil my excitement anyway :rofl:

• Like 1

How old are you people 6? Jeez its an opinion but if you want a fact ill give you one.

Every promoter needs to get as much publicity for there club during the off season as they can. Hardly going to get a lot of publicity when a club announces the full line-up in 1 go.

I'm right your wrong ask Matt Ford or at least 75% of other promoters

British masters champion, pure novice in my eye

Maybe, but he more than did his job for us last season. Just needs more meetings to improve his track craft.

• Like 1

So if a promoter knows his starting 7 in November he shouldnt tell the fans until nearer the season ,

So they don't get bored ?

Seriously what a load of crap!,

I'm sure 90% of promoters know there starting 7 in November. Glasgow certainly do but they are announcing riders one at a time and doing it the right way. Poole and Scunthorpe do as well.

I know!

Never read so much tosh in my life

Take it you don't read your own posts then.

Like I said I'm right.

I'm sure 90% of promoters know there starting 7 in November. Glasgow certainly do but they are announcing riders one at a time and doing it the right way. Poole and Scunthorpe do as well.

Take it you don't read your own posts then.

Like I said I'm right.

no your not right its all about opinion.

your promoter does it one way and many others do it another way.

do you honestly think that by Ipswich announcing their 1-7 tomorrow will have an impact on the season??? get in the real world.

Ipswich are promoting the club non stop at the moment in conjunction with the football team. The riders are going out on corporate events from now until the start of the season, going out meeting fans at various functions. Thats something that cant be done if you havent announced your riders.

Makes no difference how you announce your side and Ipswich are getting the riders involved with the fans from now until March.

There is no right or wrong way so get back in your box

• Like 3

do you honestly think that by Ipswich announcing their 1-7 tomorrow will have an impact on the season??? get in the real world.

Ipswich are promoting the club non stop at the moment in conjunction with the football team. The riders are going out on corporate events from now until the start of the season, going out meeting fans at various functions. Thats something that cant be done if you havent announced your riders.

Makes no difference how you announce your side and Ipswich are getting the riders involved with the fans from now until March.

Well Matt Ford agrees with me and that proves I'm right.

Announcing the team in one go also allows the riders additional time to seek out local sponsorship, as opposed to being announced in dribs and drabs over four months.

• Like 2

what??

there is no right or wrong way.....................you seem a very strange individual

• Like 2

what??

there is no right or wrong way.....................you seem a very strange individual

Oh I think he is although I have never met him, I doubt if Matt Ford has either as he has probably never been to Wimborne Road.

• Like 2

Matt's comments about 'new people coming on board' and 2018 being a 'crucial year for the club' make for some interesting supposition!! New co-promoters and sponsors maybe??! ;-)

• Like 1

How old are you people 6? Jeez its an opinion but if you want a fact ill give you one.

Every promoter needs to get as much publicity for there club during the off season as they can. Hardly going to get a lot of publicity when a club announces the full line-up in 1 go.

I'm right your wrong ask Matt Ford or at least 75% of other promoters

Its all about opinions ,

it makes no difference whatsoever announcing your team early , that's my opinion

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

Oh I think he is although I have never met him, I doubt if Matt Ford has either as he has probably never been to Wimborne Road.

I know i get moaned at on Poole threads at times but i wasnt even having a dig lol

Matt Ford believes announcing the riders over the close season one by one is the best way

Other promoters do it differently and i dont believe either way is wrong lol

• Like 1

Well , that settles it .... :rofl:

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

All about opinions , just like to make it clear im not having a go at MF,

In fact i admire the way he's constantly put together attractive Poole line ups over the years