British Speedway Forum

Would have Kyle back at Poole anytime.

Was a big mistake to drop him last year, had his injury problems following Pooles first meeting last year on a terrible track.

One rider who always gave 100% and really wanted to ride for Poole.

We all know Ford takes no prisioners

Whilst Poole dropping Kyle was seen by many as quite harsh, he was struggling after injury and his average was due to drop from 5.26 to below 4 if his poor form and injuries continued for another couple of meetings.

Not sure quite who would have replaced him on a 3.5 ish average? What he scored for Ipswich is largely irrelevant - its how he performed at the top level with Leicester!! Didn't he get injured again in his first meeting on TV? He finished on 4.86 average, which is lower than his Poole average of 5.26

Kyle is well-liked by the majority of fans but at the time there were several things said publicly (not by Kyle) that I believe would make it difficult for him to return.

Having said all that, at the end of the day its always going to be down to the numbers game, so who knows??

Edited by Skidder1

Whilst Poole dropping Kyle was seen by many as quite harsh, he was struggling after injury and his average was due to drop from 5.26 to below 4 if his poor form and injuries continued for another couple of meetings.

Not sure quite who would have replaced him on a 3.5 ish average? What he scored for Ipswich is largely irrelevant - its how he performed at the top level with Leicester!! Didn't he get injured again in his first meeting on TV? He finished on 4.86 average, which is lower than his Poole average of 5.26

Kyle is well-liked by the majority of fans but at the time there were several things said publicly (not by Kyle) that I believe would make it difficult for him to return.

Having said all that, at the end of the day its always going to be down to the numbers game, so who knows??

Much as Kyle may be a nice guy we are ultimately in a results driven sport like many others.

Kyle's final Prem GSA from 15 meetings was 4.86 - The lowest in the team and also at reserve which is hardly inspiring.

His GSA for Ipswich from 27 meetings was 6.10 which again hardly anything to enthuse about, bearing in mind its one league lower.

Ipswich decided not to resign him it would seem, as I thought maybe they would sign both him and Shanes as they are neighbours. I bet he is also not best pleased he is shown in the team photo where the BSPA have announced the team for 2018 saying six of the seven riders from 2017 have been retained, and they have gone for continuity. Like not really rubbing salt into the wound huh ??

Louis is no fool as he maybe saw that Kyle is not pushing on with his GSA at Ipswich, and at his age maybe he does not offer much scope for improvement in the team where maybe another young rider offers a lower GSA and possibility to offer more long term ?? Kyle has been around a long time now in the sport, having started at Weymouth way back in 2007.

I hope Kyle does get signed up somewhere as he offers something maybe at reserve in Prem and will make a good fit hopefully for a club in Champ.

Maybe this is his level and although a nice guy with an all action style some never quite make that final breakthrough.

I hope for his sake he can improve more but for me after 10 years riding in both Prem/Champ or equiv ??

Having said that Jason Doyle I suppose is the best ever case of never say never ;-)

Was expecting Shanes to get fixed up at Ipswich. Needs to D/UP and there arent many tracks who could fit him in due to Long and Grass track commitments.

Berwick, Lakeside, Newcastle, Peterborough & Scunthorpe are all no goes.

Edinburgh & Glasgow - Friday night. Would they take a chance? I doubt it in case he misses home fixtures due to travelling.

Only Redcar, Sheffield and Workington left.

i think mr shovler made the point that eventually hes got to make decisions re his priorities,would be pretty sure he enjoys grasstrack/longtrack more but there is the opportunity for him to make a good living from speedway which he surely has to consider,can always go back to it later in life,chris harris been doing quite a lot grasstrack etc again in last 2yrs,but its his call

Much as Kyle may be a nice guy we are ultimately in a results driven sport like many others.

Kyle's final Prem GSA from 15 meetings was 4.86 - The lowest in the team and also at reserve which is hardly inspiring.

His GSA for Ipswich from 27 meetings was 6.10 which again hardly anything to enthuse about, bearing in mind its one league lower.

Ipswich decided not to resign him it would seem, as I thought maybe they would sign both him and Shanes as they are neighbours. I bet he is also not best pleased he is shown in the team photo where the BSPA have announced the team for 2018 saying six of the seven riders from 2017 have been retained, and they have gone for continuity. Like not really rubbing salt into the wound huh ??

Louis is no fool as he maybe saw that Kyle is not pushing on with his GSA at Ipswich, and at his age maybe he does not offer much scope for improvement in the team where maybe another young rider offers a lower GSA and possibility to offer more long term ?? Kyle has been around a long time now in the sport, having started at Weymouth way back in 2007.

I hope Kyle does get signed up somewhere as he offers something maybe at reserve in Prem and will make a good fit hopefully for a club in Champ.

Maybe this is his level and although a nice guy with an all action style some never quite make that final breakthrough.

I hope for his sake he can improve more but for me after 10 years riding in both Prem/Champ or equiv ??

Having said that Jason Doyle I suppose is the best ever case of never say never ;-)

With regards to Ipswich he simply couldnt be fitted in and its purely a numbers game.

There was no way that King and Schlien werent going to come back. Heeps form from mid to end season was sensational so he was always going to be back. Covatti is a crowd pleaser and if back to full fitness gives us a strong top 4.

Hume is a no brainer on a 2.00 and Mountain is good away from Foxhall and if his home form gets better then he is a must as well.

This left one place that could have been used by Greaves but we have decided to go for a young promising German, not always sure on leaving a Brit out but i guess they feel Nathan may have struggled in the 1-5.

Kyle Newman quite simply couldnt be fitted in. He never really was comfortable on our track and the fact we had the 'main 4' coming back meant he was always likely to be the one to go.

I for one hope he gets fixed up as he gives 110% every time he gets on a bike

I am reading plenty of posts on the BSF that Prem/Champ Speedway many NOT be on BT Sport next season. I know it may be rumours but would be a shame if true.

Moving on from that I notice Matt made some interesting comments in the Echo article on Friday which I copy as mentioned in the interview:

There are some very exciting things in the pipeline, bigger and better things than have ever happened before.

“We have new personnel coming on board and people will see the difference in the coming season.”

I highlight the first comment as we know there will be at least some new riders (or returnees??) in 2018.

Anyone have a clue what Matt may be on about ??

My first thought was maybe something special on Club Sponsorship ?? Although one poster said he thought it was as is for 2018 which assume he meant Volvo which I didn't think was the biggest Sponsorship compared to Readypower ??

My mind now goes to the TV thing. IF we don't get BT for 2018 could Matt be considering some form of Pay Per View deal with someone to bring in addl revenue. The subject of PPV seems to be being mentioned on the BSF and it was just a thought.

Having said that its quite a statement he has made without being specific. Especially the .bigger and better things than have ever happened before comment.

Anyone in the know or any ideas on what he could mean ??

Still doesn't answer my question though.

Is the rule done away with or still in effect for 2018.

If its done away with then whichever way you cut it, this will in effect mean you don't really have to put any Brits in your team ??

That's something you are unlikely to know until just before or after the start of the season. They weren't published until March this year & unless some one leaks it, us paying peasants will not know.

A change of Club Officers!!

If that is the case then in effect this would be the most over manipulation of a statement he has ever put out.

There are some very exciting things in the pipeline, bigger and better things than have ever happened before.

Ask 1000 speedway supporters how they would interpret the above comment and I am sure 999 of them (you being the odd 1) would think it was something innovative and possible ground breaking.

A change of Club Officers would not in my opinion be that. Whoever and whatever such individuals do that is.

What I cant work out is whether it was connected to the line below about new personnel coming in (i.e riders) or was something linked to something bigger at the club itself (like sponsorship) or something part of the wider interest of the sport as part of the discussions and working groups set up by the BSPA like maybe PPTV if BT Sports have decided they don't want to do a deal for 2018

I do hope you are wrong Skidder ;-)

Suppose like anything revolving around this sport - nobody outside of the inner sanctum seems to know anything about any of the recent questions I have raised on the Poole Forum.

Lets hope either the Speedway Star or the BSPA start clarifying soon on many of the unanswered questions still remaining. Some of which may still be holding up Promoters announcing signings due to the lack of info on riders GSA's or assessed GSA's for younger overseas riders ??

I have heard Giles has left the building.

He was in the office last week.

Well done Steve!!

If that is the case then in effect this would be the most over manipulation of a statement he has ever put out.

Ask 1000 speedway supporters how they would interpret the above comment and I am sure 999 of them (you being the odd 1) would think it was something innovative and possible ground breaking.

A change of Club Officers would not in my opinion be that. Whoever and whatever such individuals do that is.

What I cant work out is whether it was connected to the line below about new personnel coming in (i.e riders) or was something linked to something bigger at the club itself (like sponsorship) or something part of the wider interest of the sport as part of the discussions and working groups set up by the BSPA like maybe PPTV if BT Sports have decided they don't want to do a deal for 2018

I do hope you are wrong Skidder ;-)

Suppose like anything revolving around this sport - nobody outside of the inner sanctum seems to know anything about any of the recent questions I have raised on the Poole Forum.

Lets hope either the Speedway Star or the BSPA start clarifying soon on many of the unanswered questions still remaining. Some of which may still be holding up Promoters announcing signings due to the lack of info on riders GSA's or assessed GSA's for younger overseas riders ??

Calm down mate. As long as the Clubs know what rules they are working to then that's the main thing. Rules will be submitted to the SCB and then issued in the usual way and timescale and will highlight any changes to the previous ones.

If you've seen the video on the club website you will know that MF has welcomed the new logo designer into the 'backroom' team, which hopefully will see some improvements in the club's 'e-commerce' and social media activities. He also intends to announce the first 4 riders in the 70th Anniversary meeting this week and then likely 4 more at 2-week intervals.

As for the 2018 1-7, Matt usually makes a key announcement just prior to Christmas.

• Like 2

What an awful new club crest/logo. It's like something from the 90s and must of taken all of 5 minutes to put together. Awful and bland design.

• Like 1