British Speedway Forum

Whoever it is surely their average will be reassessed if that's what is happening with people like Zagar etc? They either need to reassess everyone who has ridden over here in the past based on their performances across Europe or leave all the averages alone.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Whoever it is surely their average will be reassessed if that's what is happening with people like Zagar etc? They either need to reassess everyone who has ridden over here in the past based on their performances across Europe or leave all the averages alone.

There’s no need to asses anyone other than GP riders who haven’t ridden here for a year. They all come in one a 9. That should be it. Otherwise you are opening up a whole new minefield of dodgyness, with some fans feeling victimised that a particular rider is being over assessed.

If a rider has an average from riding here in the past then that should be used. Swindon with Musiliak, Wolves with Woffinden. They had an average, which was used. Should KK have been re-assesed back to 8.5 when joining Rye from Poole? Of course not.

Why just GP riders? Should be anybody who has missed seasons here and therefore earned their British average during a harder season and who has progressed on the continent in the meantime.

As I said, do them all or none at all. Can't have a situation where there are bargains to be had while others are forced out by high averages.

• Like 2

People moan they want to see top riders over here and when clubs try people just moan and say they are cheating!! From a Somerset fan

I do think re-assessing all would open a can of worms, all new riders coming in now will have new averages plus any full time GP riders. Otherwise how would it be calculated exactly based on Sweden and Poland?

There is no logic in reassessing GP riders who didn't race here in 2017 as 9 but not reassessing every other rider who did not race here last year. Assessing every GP rider the same is hardly accurate. There is a significant difference in quality between the riders finishing 1st and 15th.

There doesn't need to be any controversy. A formula can be calculated for converting foreign league averages to a PL or CL average in exactly the same way as CL averages are converted to a PL average and vice versa.

By doing that most would accept the conversion, it is transparent and fair and would reflect the most recent form of a rider.

• Like 4

^^^ This ^^^

It's not beyond the wit of man to create a formula which would work. Get SCB on the case!

• Like 1

Anymore news on any possible signing's, has noddy signed yet?

Out of ten races Nick would come out on top a tougher rider and he can mix it with anyone.I am a big fan of Kurtz classy a different rider to Morris saying all that i rate Fricke higher than both of them.

• Like 2

Out of ten races Nick would come out on top a tougher rider and he can mix it with anyone.I am a big fan of Kurtz classy a different rider to Morris saying all that i rate Fricke higher than both of them.

I agree if there is a gp place for one of them I think fricke could be the first one to get one imo

Kurtz and Morris met 8 times last season and Morris won 7 of those races.

Now personally i think Kurtz will turn out to be the best of those 2 riders but last season in the UK Morris was ahead of Kurtz.

And yes if they had to put 1 young Aussie in the GP's then Fricke would get the nod over both the other 2

• Like 2

In my opinion Fricke is too inconsistent which is why he has a lower average than either Kurtz or Morris. Personally i feel Kurtz will prove to be the best of the trio next season.

There’s no need to asses anyone other than GP riders who haven’t ridden here for a year. They all come in one a 9. That should be it. Otherwise you are opening up a whole new minefield of dodgyness, with some fans feeling victimised that a particular rider is being over assessed.

If a rider has an average from riding here in the past then that should be used. Swindon with Musiliak, Wolves with Woffinden. They had an average, which was used. Should KK have been re-assesed back to 8.5 when joining Rye from Poole? Of course not.

Steve, you can't say GP riders who haven't ridden here a year should be assessed as 9 then say Woffy should keep his average.

It just doesn't make sense.

Steve, you can't say GP riders who haven't ridden here a year should be assessed as 9 then say Woffy should keep his average.

It just doesn't make sense.

No I could have been clearer. Woffinden should come in as a 9.
  • Like 1

No I could have been clearer. Woffinden should come in as a 9.

I fully agree with that. Although the timing of the reassessing couldn't be any worse with the supposed BT bargaining point of 7 GP riders.

Any rider who missed 2017 should be reassessed for transparency. I couldn't care less who that might affect even if it was my own team.

About time we made the rules clear and unambiguous.

• Like 5