Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Poole need a decent 7pt man to back up Kurtz and Grajczonek, ideal spot for Chris Holder.

Edited by woz01

No Newman, no Ellis.

Are rider's taking notes that they may only be being used as cannon fodder for later gain by Ford.

He didn't refuse to ride for half a season idiot

No he acted like a tart and walked out on his team that got him a deserved ban

If Woryna in 2016 had acheived a 7.5 average for Coventry, would some still be bleating he should still be re-assessed?

The sport has always been that promotions look for riders with improvement in them. Take away that and it sanitises the sport. All clubs look for riders who might add to their starting average. It’s the name of the game.

Remember Boycey and Adams starting on a 2 average. Didn’t Crump as well?

And some are so desperate they want CH to be re-assessed to 9? Lol!

Yes

The award for missing the point goes to?????

One rule......................if you didnt ride here in 2017 you are reassessed. All or nothing. Not just a select bunch of GP riders. Its farcical

I think Gavin will want Josh's average re-assessed now he's a Poole rider

Give it a rest fool.

Josh rode here last year has a perfectly good average. Bit of a strange signing in my eyes. Kurtz and Josh G as heat leaders inst that inspiring and could rule Holder out.

No Newman, no Ellis.

Are rider's taking notes that they may only be being used as cannon fodder for later gain by Ford.

I think the young Brits know exactly how things work at Poole and to further their careers have decided to move on, worked for Ellis who has a winners medal to show for it

Gavin wrote -

'I think the young Brits know exactly how things work at Poole and to further their careers have decided to move on, worked for Ellis who has a winners medal to show for it'

Sadly the Ford man has a terrible reputation (in my eyes) for this.

Welcome back to Josh G. Good solid second string. Riding at 2 or 4.

Nope. Signed as a heat leader :)

Gavin wrote -

'I think the young Brits know exactly how things work at Poole and to further their careers have decided to move on, worked for Ellis who has a winners medal to show for it'

Sadly the Ford man has a terrible reputation (in my eyes) for this.

Depends if you go for long term or instant success (but then you are swapping riders about all the time). But I think Matt does it differently with different riders, cos with Brady he's been in the team because of the long term success/potential but people like Ellis and Newman it is what they do at the current time, that's why they have been in and out.

Depends if you go for long term or instant success (but then you are swapping riders about all the time). But I think Matt does it differently with different riders, cos with Brady he's been in the team because of the long term success/potential but people like Ellis and Newman it is what they do at the current time, that's why they have been in and out.

Ellis is the only British rider to really prove Matt wrong! Has Newman become a heat leader or even a second string! No he hasnt. Think Matt has made the correct decision.

Fact is, Poole sacked Newman while Swindon stood by Ellis despite him not being an asset. Poole have always gone for pragmatism - or indeed sharp practice - rather than loyalty.

2 signings today?

Two signings on Mon according to the Echo and they will be at the Pirates shop on Tues. And the old fave he is referring to definitely has to be Chris Holder.

I think Gavin will want Josh's average re-assessed now he's a Poole rider

I think your talking rubbish personally sorry to say

You are probably correct Lisa but it is this short term merry go round that again (in my eyes) has brought speedway to the problems we have now.

Little or no investment in UK riders has been the promoting strategy for the past 10 years and now we are left with a few top riders who command the highest price to ride.

For every Ward or Holder you need others to fill the team and this majority have been used and abused far too readily.

• Like 1

Info was watching him live on tv riding at number one for Rybnik.

We used to use Malcolm Holloway at one once but he wasn't a number one!
  • Like 3