British Speedway Forum

Where are people getting this information from?

Mostly from out of their ar$es is the best guess 😜
  • Like 3

It looks Poole will have two Polish riders in 2018 Woryna and Wozniak. Leicester tried to sign Wozniak but he belongs to the old Promotor who wanted too much money so I understand he is going to Poole.

Not sure this is true. Not saying the info you were given is wrong, but when riders demand Polish size wages to ride here they get short sharp shrift.

Steve is right there is no money in this country and the riders being mentioned will cost a small fortune, somthing clubs simply can't afford. Some 5-6 point riders are asking absolutely ridiculous wage demands. Expectations need to be lowered sadly.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Not happy about signing Josh G he is a good rider but not improving, can't see putting anything on his average and will let you down when you need him most. Much rather have Hans Andersen personally Shame about Newman going to to Leicester again, great signing for them and could put at least a point on his average.

got to admit it's an uninspiring signing.

Serious question. And it might well have been answered elsewhere but CBA to wade through pages and pages of plop from 2 or 3 posters. But why is Killer assessed to a 9 and Milik stays at his old average when both were only GP reserves in 2017?

no one knows what Milik average would be, they haven't released assessed averages for those who didn't ride here in 2017. No way should riders like Milik, Woryna and Lebedevs stay on their false averages. If riders like Woffy and Kildemand are given a 9 then there has to also be a realistic average also for the other riders.

anybody rubbing their hands with joy at the thought of signing riders on an outdated average are as good as condoning cheating. BSPA need to sort this ASAP.

Where are people getting this information from?

They aren't, they are guessing. No figures have been released yet.

• Like 1

Ford bellyaching about paying a top rider like Holder decent money and done then think Drabik and Wozniak are possibilities? Lol not happening as although they may be a bit cheaper than Holder they will still be relatively expensive compared to what they may offer , 7 pointers probably wanting a 9 pointers money

Ford is not bellyaching at all. He has told them to sod off with their demands.

Other clubs who stump up ludicrous wage demands put their business at risk if fans don’t turn up to watch them.

Poole have always cut their cloth accordingly since Matt has been in charge and as a result have been on a stable footing.

Ford bellyaching about paying a top rider like Holder decent money and done then think Drabik and Wozniak are possibilities? Lol not happening as although they may be a bit cheaper than Holder they will still be relatively expensive compared to what they may offer , 7 pointers probably wanting a 9 pointers money

But Chris isn't a top rider anymore, at this moment he would be third heatleader for Poole and should be paid accordingly!
  • Like 1

Ford is not bellyaching at all. He has told them to sod off with their demands.

Other clubs who stump up ludicrous wage demands put their business at risk if fans don’t turn up to watch them.

Poole have always cut their cloth accordingly since Matt has been in charge and as a result have been on a stable footing.

I'm guessing that's especially true this year with the likelihood of no TV deal together with Poole's diminishing crowds..

But Chris isn't a top rider anymore, at this moment he would be third heatleader for Poole and should be paid accordingly!

Disagree LCG I regard him as a top rider still but time will tell if the two parties get a bit closer in negotiations....id like to see him at Swindon although I suspect it could be Troy
  • Like 1

Do you know what Chris wants?

Josh is a very underrated rider and will do a fine job for the Pirates. I have seen him ride week in week out for a number of years and hes on and upward curve and been much more consistent over the last 2 years.

He is also a brilliant team man and will be great in the pits with the other riders. I am sure he will prove a lot of people wrong

• Like 1

Dont understand the negativity on here surrounding Grajczonek. It's a good signing imo.

As for Noddy it's nothing to do with money.

He wants to be part of a package deal with Jack but Matt doesn't want Jack due to his attitude.

Personally I think we should sign them both. Still think Matt will make Chris change his mind.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan
  • Like 1

Go most weeks to the Oak tree and Your very lucky to have josh,great team man,wins more big races than he gets credit for.wish him all the best,will be missed by the rebels.

And just how much is Drabik going to cost? 160-180 a point? Never going to be a realistic option unless sponsors stump up the wages.

Easy keep pulling names out the hat but the sport is poor in this country.

It is in a poor state in this country.

But I can see Matt pulling one big name rider out of the hat from somewhere. Was interested in Piotr P and Vaculik so he must have some cash to spend.

Matt said 2 new riders to Poole who are going to be living with him because they need accommodation

Makes me wonder if one of those could be Drabik considering it's highly likely Milik signs. Matt said he is waiting on the Polish 3 league ruling to be dropped and that screams Milik as the rider in question.

Milik and Drabik both ride for Wroclaw so they could travel to the UK together.

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Do you know what Chris wants?

Yup................ a good kick up the a$$

(Personally I can't wait to see him fail in the GP's................. again!).

• Like 4