British Speedway Forum

Of course you don't :D Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Don't disagree with previous averages being used if it's the same for everybody. Why just GP riders? They've not been reassessed as long as I can remember.

Do them all or none at all.

Sadly a Poole fan will only see the wrong in this if a rival team signed a ringer.

Just when you thought the "riders not riding here in 2017 will be reassessed" was a fair and transparent one. :angry:

Janowski & Przemyslaw Pawlicki are the only riders without a 2017 average that would make Poole strong & I can't see Magic returning, as I'm sure he will concentrate on Poland & the GP's 1st.

I don’t see it that way at all. Although I do disagree with the one over 8 rule, the other rule has always been that if a rider has a previous average that is used. Been that since I can remember.

So we might have a live feed of a load of old blokes chomping away on turkey, pigs in blankets etc for a couple of hours? Lol!

Your profiling of Poole's sponsors is a little sexist, ageist and quite far off the mark, Steve!!! Lol :P:shock::nono::D

• Like 1

Just when you thought the "riders not riding here in 2017 will be reassessed" was a fair and transparent one. :angry:

Where did you see this rule change? In your head?

Janowski & Przemyslaw Pawlicki are the only riders without a 2017 average that would make Poole strong & I can't see Magic returning, as I'm sure he will concentrate on Poland & the GP's 1st.

We couldnt sign either due to the one over 8 rule.

Your profiling of Poole's sponsors is a little sexist, ageist and quite far off the mark, Steve!!! Lol :P:shock::nono::D

Well I guess we will see on the live feed! Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Its not only Poole that can sign anyone who never rode here in 2017, so i'm not seeing a problem tbh...

• Like 2

Its not only Poole that can sign anyone who never rode here in 2017, so i'm not seeing a problem tbh...

There is no problem. Stevebrum somehow got it into his head that because GP riders have been given a 9 average if they didn’t ride here last season, so has every rider. This is simply not the case and if a rider has an official EL average from 2013 that can be used.

Where did you see this rule change? In your head?

Likewise, where did you see the rule that it's only GP riders being reassessed? In your head?

The GP assessed 9 point rule came from my report from the Wolves talk in by CVS, it's since then that it's appeared in the public domain.

It was mentioned that riders not riding here in 2017 will be reassessed.

Just post the link that proves your right.

Mine was from a talk in witnessed by a hundred odd people, yours?

There is no problem. Stevebrum somehow got it into his head that because GP riders have been given a 9 average if they didn’t ride here last season, so has every rider. This is simply not the case and if a rider has an official EL average from 2013 that can be used.

You have it in your head that it won't apply to ALL riders.

I've asked you 3 times to provide a link. I've already made mine clear.

Link?

Likewise, where did you see the rule that it's only GP riders being reassessed? In your head?

The GP assessed 9 point rule came from my report from the Wolves talk in by CVS, it's since then that it's appeared in the public domain.

It was mentioned that riders not riding here in 2017 will be reassessed.

Just post the link that proves your right.

Mine was from a talk in witnessed by a hundred odd people, yours?

You have it in your head that it won't apply to ALL riders.

I've asked you 3 times to provide a link. I've already made mine clear.

Link?

Please show me the link to the rule that all riders without a 2017 average are to be given new averages. It is already in the public domain that gp riders have been given a 9 point average. So clearly at the same time it would have been announced by the bspa that not just gp riders but all riders without a 2017 average would be re-assessed. But no. Only GP riders are mentioned.

There’s a reason for that. Only GP riders are re-assessed. Other riders already have averages which can be used.

I would add that riders new to the league like Liecesters Krystian Pieszczek will be assesed.

Of course the rule changes are the same for everybody. Always has been that previous averages have been used and still remains that way. Only GP riders affected who have not ridden uk in 2017.

Sorry if I've missed it but what is the criteria for being classed as a GP rider? Permanent in 2017? Permanent in 2018? Permanent ever? Raced any GP in 2017? Raced any GP ever?

I've seen Kildemand being mentioned as a 9 and he wasn't a full member last year but has been in the past. If it's right he is a 9 what got him that 9?

Does Smolinksi get a 9? Jepsen Jensen, A.Laguta, B.Pedersen, Ljung, Holta, Kołodziej, Hampel, Madsen, etc?

So why don't other clubs now call these bargain average riders and offer them a better deal than poole. If you want them, go and get them.

• Like 5

So why don't other clubs now call these bargain average riders and offer them a better deal than poole. If you want them, go and get them.

Because if you make sure there are only a handful of ringers / bargains that drives up their value and ensures that they will be hoovered up by those clubs with the greatest resources. Would be much fairer for the competitiveness of the league if there were more bargains or none at all. Discriminating against GP riders means less quality riders in the league (on top of the eight point rule) and inevitably greater disparity between team strengths.

Good luck to the Pirates and Fraud but those who can see further than the end of Poole harbour recognise this isn't good for the league. And it will lead to more paying customers giving up with it all.

Good post.

Very true. The only laughing will be Poole fans as we sail past 50 at Blunsdon.

I know its Christmas soon but you have to be a bit more realistic.

55 at least :D

Exactly! No rule has changed for non gp riders and clubs can sign who they want with the exception of only one over 8.

This is definately the case re: Pooles two signings tomorrow.

Or the one season wonders, Mroczka, Milik, Gomolski ......

We’re already laughing at it. A top two of Kurtz and Grajczonek!!!! Hmmmm .... Poole or Sheffield? Lol

Somerset ;) .

Good luck to the Pirates and Fraud but those who can see further than the end of Poole harbour recognise this isn't good for the league. And it will lead to more paying customers giving up with it all.

But no rule has changed. Riders with old averages are available to all teams, like they have been for years. Nothing has changed!