British Speedway Forum

Shaping up to be the team to beat again, both poles should be 6+ riders easily, time will tell though.

Surely matt knows what averages these riders have . the whole average system is a total farce just like the bspa 

Edited by sadiecat1999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluenose said:

Am i a bit slow ???.

Everybody are making teams up with just Shanes in the team!.

Where is the other Brit ???

Has the 2 Brits rule gone ???.

Two Brits rule has gone, don't know why, another ridiculous decision.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, sadiecat1999 said:

Surely matt knows what averages these riders have . the whole average system is a total farce just like the bspa 

I am sure Matt knows what the averages are for all the riders he wants. He has no doubt checked it all out with the BSPA just as any other promoter/Manager/owner can do in the Prem League. Some don't want to accept that as far as team building for 2018 is concerned it is a level playing field from a points perspective. Any other club can enquire to the BSPA for riders av for the coming season (those who did not ride here in 2017)  and there are a whole host of names one could roll off which they could enquire about and get the answers just as Matt has.

It may be that the BSPA are deliberately NOT letting Joe Public know these levels as they don't want to prejudice any potential team signings when teams may be in negotiations with potential riders. Frustrating as I find that having a general interest in playing the name the team game, I can perhaps with hindsight understand it.

If Matt does turn up another potential rider/s on a possible low GSA for 2018 it will be because he knows what that riders GSA is in advance. If that means riders from previous seasons that have a low GSA still applicable or are discounted due to not having ridden here for ?? years and is not a GP rider than so be it.

Every Prem Promoter has the same option available to them. It's not Matts fault if he is ahead of perhaps many in the game. His life is Speedway and his contacts list is large, and that's not taking into account the bank of information on riders stats overseas and also things like Youtube videos/postings that are available to even us humble human beings willing to search it out.. For example the Matt S video I gave a link to earlier, any other Promoter could have checked his background and viewed same video.

Whether they choose to, or feel they cannot afford or wont take the risk on some riders is another matter.

4 hours ago, Grandstand29 said:

Szczepaniak will start at reserve on 4.54 (2% year-on-year reduction from his 2013 4.93 average)  4.93 - (8% of 4.93 = 0.39) = 4.54

The big question now is will Woryna be the 2nd reserve (not confirmed by MF) or will he ride at 2, allowing Shanes to return plus a decent 7+ pointer?

Blimey..Woryna has no 2017 average and he's improved a lot,beating all the top riders abroard.so it's been said,comes on his 2 year old average of 4 point something.Then you've got Spanner who also has come on since his last average 4 years ago ,and they lower his ..What a shambles.. :rolleyes:.

Not Pooles fault though, as I assume any team could of signed them on the same ave's.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Blimey..Woryna has no 2017 average and he's improved a lot,beating all the top riders abroard.so it's been said,comes on his 2 year old average of 4 point something.Then you've got Spanner who also has come on since his last average 4 years ago ,and they lower his ..What a shambles.. :rolleyes:.

Not Pooles fault though, as I assume any team could of signed them on the same ave's.

Exactly lets not forget Mateusz is owed by Buster at Kings Lynn who gave Matt permission to talk to him.

• Like 1

I know i will get shot down by many,especially on this thread.

Personally i think all foreigners should start on at least a 5pt average.If they don't achieve that then it would be down to the promoters whether they would want these foreigners back the next season,again on a 5pt average.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Woryna is on a false average and i dont see anyone saying its uninspiring. The second Pole is and underwhelming signing in my opinion.

Woryna is in the 1-5 so will find it tougher than at reserve

Definitely a couple on here saying it's uninspiring.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Personally i think all foreigners should start on at least a 5pt average.If they don't achieve that then it would be down to the promoters whether they would want these foreigners back the next season,again on a 5pt average.

Sounds alright to me! 

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You assume wrong. Riders starting averages alter depending on the team they sign for. 

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

These are nearly on a 5 point average.

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

You assume wrong. Riders starting averages alter depending on the team they sign for. 

That's a very bold statement to make, I would love to see proof to back your logic up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

That's a very bold statement to make, I would love to see proof to back your logic up.

He can't because because it is completely illogical and obviously comes from a bitter Belle Vue fan who thinks all the rules are done to stop them winning again.

5 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

5 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Henka Gustafsson. Average reassessed up after we signed him. 

Jason Lyons. Average increased due to rule change after we signed him. 

Tai Woffinden. Quoted 8 when we mentioned he’d been in touch looking for a UK return. Signed on 7.03 elsewhere. 

Matej Zagar. Rules changed during contract negotiations. 

To to name a few quickly off the top of my head. 
  • Like 1