British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, ouch said:

Henka Gustafsson. Average reassessed up after we signed him. 

Jason Lyons. Average increased due to rule change after we signed him. 

Tai Woffinden. Quoted 8 when we mentioned he’d been in touch looking for a UK return. Signed on 7.03 elsewhere. 

Matej Zagar. Rules changed during contract negotiations. 

To to name a few quickly off the top of my head. 

We wanted Magic but a rule change put paid to that with the one over eight. We also wanted to consider Piotr Pawlicki but cldnt due to rule change where he would be reassessed at 8 or more, even though not a GP rider in 2018. We could all sit here and go on about losing possibilities with rule changes.

BV have the same possibility to go out and get decent riders on reasonable or low GSA's who have ridden here before if your management want to get off their backsides and look around. I am not going to point them out but it doesn't take a mastermind to go back over the last 5 years GSA's and make whatever downward adjustments if they have not ridden in our league for a few years. No different with what Matt Ford has done.

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So I presume you are a BV fan? How far back we you talking about Tai and Matej?

He has no proof though, anyone can put statements in bold print on a forum and claim it as gospel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grandstand29 said:

Szczepaniak will start at reserve on 4.54 (2% year-on-year reduction from his 2013 4.93 average)  4.93 - (8% of 4.93 = 0.39) = 4.54

The big question now is will Woryna be the 2nd reserve (not confirmed by MF) or will he ride at 2, allowing Shanes to return plus a decent 7+ pointer?

An even better signing than I thought then! 4.54! Whoop whoop!  

Starts at reserve and will no doubt clean up. The good news is of course we will always have a big hitter in the reserve berth next season. And if Shanes is the other reserve I am sure he will come on leaps and bounds as well, especially as he has many more meetings lined up next season riding for Sheffield.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

We wanted Magic but a rule change put paid to that with the one over eight. We also wanted to consider Piotr Pawlicki but cldnt due to rule change where he would be reassessed at 8 or more, even though not a GP rider in 2018. We could all sit here and go on about losing possibilities with rule changes.

BV have the same possibility to go out and get decent riders on reasonable or low GSA's who have ridden here before if your management want to get off their backsides and look around. I am not going to point them out but it doesn't take a mastermind to go back over the last 5 years GSA's and make whatever downward adjustments if they have not ridden in our league for a few years. No different with what Matt Ford has done.

Didn't take long to be spouting the party line :rolleyes: (patronising btw)

You had about as much chance of signing Dudek as you had signing Magic (no chance) and who's to say that Piotr Pawlicki wouldn't have gone back to Wolves?  In other words Poole haven't been impacted by the new SGP rule for riders who didn't ride here last season. :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Starts at reserve and will no doubt clean up. The good news is of course we will always have a big hitter in the reserve berth next season. And if Shanes is the other reserve I am sure he will come on leaps and bounds as well, especially as he has many more meetings lined up next season riding for Sheffield.

Your big hitter in the reserve berth in 2017 wasn't a big success though so no guarantee for next season.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

the sheer audacity of your posts lol

How did your 'big hitter' in reserve go last season??  Klindt will mop up at reserve and then when he moves up Newman or Holder will drop down!! How was that for you lol.

Now this season we have a pretty much untried pole who isnt as good as Klindt (remember he was a number one for Leicester) and all of a sudden he will be a world beater.....so funny

13 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

You had about as much chance of signing Dudek as you had signing Magic (no chance) and who's to say that Piotr Pawlicki wouldn't have gone back to Wolves?  In other words Poole haven't been impacted by the new SGP rule for riders who didn't ride here last season. :rolleyes:

Patronise all you want Steve O.

I was against the one over 8 rule and feel for the likes of Swindon/BV/Wolves as a genuine Speedway supporter. Its not all about Poole or any one club but the sport. I think it should have been  2 over 8 and that teams that had built success should have the same rights as others who want to build along similar lines up to the 42.5 limit. The GP rider rule of 9 (if it was applied) would then haven been acceptable in the 2 over 8 rule.

However the rules have been set like or hate them by the BSPA . My point is more to the fact that any promoter can go into the market - do his homework and go after potentially top class riders who are below 8 and are not GP riders. Sure they will cost you money as they are better riders than they were when they last rode but that's the trade off isn't it. You get a potentially top rider on a lowish av (especially if there is a rule about a 2% av per season reduction for any riders not having ridden here for more than 2/3 years if not a current GP rider). Swindon as well as BV & Wolves can all go after these guys if they choose to just as Matt Ford can.

But as we know Wolves have near enough admitted that the cost involved in getting Lindgren back added to the lack of guaranteed TV revenue has pushed Wolves in the direction they have chosen even though Lindgren's demands were now over excessive.

Yes I agree Poole have not been affected by the one over 8 rule as they didn't lose an 8 plus rider. However maybe their choice would not have been to make Brady Kurtz number one preferring at least the option to maybe try and sign a Magic/Piotr Pawlicki or any other GP rider or rider over 8 to fill that role had there been a 2 over 8 rule. Swindon could also have chosen the stronger number one in Doyle but chose the cheaper option just as Wolves have done with Lindgren. More evidence unfortunately at the state of British Speedway in keeping its World Class riders.

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

the sheer audacity of your posts lol

How did your 'big hitter' in reserve go last season??  Klindt will mop up at reserve and then when he moves up Newman or Holder will drop down!! How was that for you lol.

Now this season we have a pretty much untried pole who isnt as good as Klindt (remember he was a number one for Leicester) and all of a sudden he will be a world beater.....so funny

Gav

He has been bought in to do a job. At 4.54 if you viewed just that Youtube video I posted earlier he was way ahead of Klindt last season even before Klindt's injury.

Will he be a top rider ?? - Maybe not, but the question is whether he is a shrewd signing as a reserve at 4.54 even if Woryna starts in the main team. Plus if he does improve and rack up points then you have some decent riders probably further up who can slot in thus hopefully still giving you a strong reserve pairing all season (maybe and speedway is always full of maybe's)

Believe me I remember (excuse the spellings)  Miskowiak/Marozka/Stachyra to name but 3 of the POL failures so don't need reminding ;-)

However Matt S has come in as a reserve with the possibility of anything other than a strong reserve will be a potential bonus, and looking at last seasons performances in the POl Nice 1 where he topped the averages he has at least the potential to do that.

Okay I'm not the biggest Poole fan..but I think it's 2 very good signings...at worst they will hold their average probably,  but if one or both click in British tracks...they could get some very big scores.  

Ive only one thing to say about the Poole team. If they are using RR at Swindon next season I wont be filling out a programme!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

So what fiddled average does Sunstrom come in on?

Who ??

Has someone signed him then ??  I assume you mean Linus Sundstrom ??

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He has no proof though, anyone can put statements in bold print on a forum and claim it as gospel.

Tai would have ridden for any of the top 4 in 2016 if Wolves couldn't fit him in. He has made his allegiance to his parent club time and time again. Any other team would have been 2nd choice.

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Pawlicki would be back at Wolves if the TV was there and averages not increased.  Poole were never likely to sign him either way.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Tai would have ridden for any of the top 4 in 2016 if Wolves couldn't fit him in. He has made his allegiance to his parent club time and time again. Any other team would have been 2nd choice.

Pawlicki would be back at Wolves if the TV was there and averages not increased.  Poole were never likely to sign him either way.

Poole were given permission to talk with Pawlicki, before the 9 point rule was brought in!!

Just now, Grandstand29 said:

Poole were given permission to talk with Pawlicki, before the 9 point rule was brought in!!

And already in talks with his parent club. Maybe CVS allowed him to talk to other clubs as well.