British Speedway Forum

Wouldn't wish ill health on anyone been in a similar position myself just over 4 years ago. Get well soon Starman

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Wouldn't wish ill health on anyone been in a similar position myself just over 4 years ago. Get well soon Starman

Likewise,  wouldn't wish ill health on anyone.  Having gone thru a health trauma some years ago I know how tough things can be. 

Can only echo the get well messages of others too.

• Like 1

Well done!!!!! to you lot. I'm very proud of the Speedway fraternity. Some of you dish out some personal garbage, but when one of its own hits a bad time, everyone rallys around and for that, you've revived my faith in this Forum. Get well soon Starry and look forward to seeing you selling the STAR around Wimborne Road.

• Like 9

Get well soon Mike sincerely hope to hear positive news soon hope everything goes well won't be the same on here until Starman returns!

Can i ask, how does everyone know jack has signed for somerset? And is hans likely to go there aswell? And anyone know who the Scandinavian is poole are signing who isnt danish?

Can i ask, how does everyone know jack has signed for somerset? And is hans likely to go there aswell? And anyone know who the Scandinavian is poole are signing who isnt danish?

Not sure if the new media company working on Matt Fords behalf is doing this but I have noticed that even in these dark depths of winter the club are putting out news on twitter and other social media on virtually a daily basis. Matt has never been one for the net so perhaps he is finally grasping the bull by the horns and starting to exploit its potential.

Also hearing the pop up shop has been a huge success in the Dolphin Centre. I said years ago that the club should have a permanent presence in the high street. A well positioned cafe/bistro serving good quality drinks and food tied in with large screen tvs showing Poole speedway meetings from the last couple of years, and selling merch and tickets. A good meeting place for shoppers and putting Poole Speedway in front and center of Joes Publics eyes.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Likewise,  wouldn't wish ill health on anyone.  Having gone thru a health trauma some years ago I know how tough things can be. 

Can only echo the get well messages of others too.

At the end of the day it doesnt matter what you think of someone you wouldnt wish ill health on them. The guy isnt a murderer or a criminal, he just a bit out there with his posts. Hope he gets better soon.

I was struck down with strep 'a' pneumonia in November 2013 and ended up in a coma for 4 weeks and my wife was told twice to come and say goodbye. But i got back to full health and hope the same for Starman.

It was the time when my work colleagues changed my picture to Lily Savage and started a topic that speedway needed more corners! All done in jest but i left the Lily pic!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Well done!!!!! to you lot. I'm very proud of the Speedway fraternity. Some of you dish out some personal garbage, but when one of its own hits a bad time, everyone rallys around and for that, you've revived my faith in this Forum. Get well soon Starry and look forward to seeing you selling the STAR around Wimborne Road.

Great post and speedway has made me meet some great people over the years and make some great  friends speedway has so much going for it .This forum has shown with there concern for Mike that we have a terrific speedway cummunity and fingers crossed Starman is back well anough to watch his beloved Pirates come the start of 2018 season.