British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

At the end of the day it doesnt matter what you think of someone you wouldnt wish ill health on them. The guy isnt a murderer or a criminal, he just a bit out there with his posts. Hope he gets better soon.

I was struck down with strep 'a' pneumonia in November 2013 and ended up in a coma for 4 weeks and my wife was told twice to come and say goodbye. But i got back to full health and hope the same for Starman.

It was the time when my work colleagues changed my picture to Lily Savage and started a topic that speedway needed more corners! All done in jest but i left the Lily pic!

Always wondered about the Lily pic :)

that explains everything,

glad you're ok now 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Get well soon Starman. Might well explain some of his recent posts

That's what I just said to himself....

19 hours ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

I've known Mike ( Starman ) since the late 70's and I also know he has a heart of gold when he feels he can help someone out.

Get well soon mate:cheers:

I met Starry some years back now when the Bees were visiting Poole. A very different guy when you meet him. He certainly knows how to wind people up on here though.

Best wishes Mike, hope to see you back causing trouble soon :P ;)

All the best for a very very speedy recovery, Starry. We will look forward to you once again coming around the stadium with the Speedway Stars on match day in the new season, so make sure you are there !

from the Old Stand Gang !

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Starman!!

Before posting this, may I request only comments of a very respectful nature!  I know many have expressed their opinions about Starman and his posts in the past but would ask at least on this occasion they remain polite.

Starman's mum has today advised on one of the (many)Poole threads on Facebook that Starman is currently in Poole Hospital having been diagnosed with a (non-cancerous) brain tumour!

She doesn't go into any further detail about the prognosis, but will pass on good wishes from any Speedway fans.

Get well soon Starry.

Just a quick update (from Facebook) from Starman's Mum, June - Mike has now been moved to ward c4 in Poole Hospital.

She also thanks all BSF members for their good wishes.:D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Best wishes Mike, hoping for a speedy recovery. 

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery

Matt Ford on BBC Radio Solent this evening (albeit the interview was recorded earlier)  said he's still hit the 'stumbling block' with one potential rider   He is now seeking others which will depend on the confirmation of the Polish relaxation of their 'maximum 3 league' rule'

James Shanes cannot definitely be confirmed until the 'top end' has been finalized.

Expect one more rider announcement before Christmas!

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt Ford on BBC Radio Solent this evening (albeit the interview was recorded earlier)  said he's still hit the 'stumbling block' with one potential rider   He is now seeking others which will depend on the confirmation of the Polish relaxation of their 'maximum 3 league' rule'

James Shanes cannot definitely be confirmed until the 'top end' has been finalized.

Sure they will announce them soon. Hopefully Shanes if he has signed. 

Sure matt has got plenty of riders still wanting spots and ones he can fit in. 

What time was the radio interview on at? 

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Just a quick update (from Facebook) from Starman's Mum, June - Mike has now been moved to ward c4 in Poole Hospital.

She also thanks all BSF members for their good wishes.:D

I had a text conversation with Mike earlier. Seems genuinely touched with the concern on here. If any one can scan the comments and get them to him it would be appreciated.

All the best Starman hope everything goes well and you make a full recovery see ya back on here soon matey

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

bhad a text conversation with Mike earlier. Seems genuinely touched with the concern on here. If any one can scan the comments and get them to him it would be appreciated.

I think that's a great idea.I think he will be pleasantly suprised by the good will messages from fans, not just from the Poole fans but across the board.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Do we think this is chris holder or milik? If somerset were to get their way with holders and doyle i think the league could be done and dusted

wishing starman a good and speedy recovery.