British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I very much doubt Poole could stop Holder going elsewhere in the end.

Agree with you there is no point having a rider in any team that doesnt want to be there.

Okay so say Chris wants to be at Somerset with Jack then, Somerset want him on loan but Matt won't agree with that. What happens then? Chris has to go to Bspa for help? And who is the chairman again? Oh yeah, Buster Chapman Chris' bff!! :o:lol:

Love to be in the room when that happens! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay so say Chris wants to be at Somerset with Jack then, Somerset want him on loan but Matt won't agree with that. What happens then? Chris has to go to Bspa for help? And who is the chairman again? Oh yeah, Buster Chapman Chris' bff!! :o:lol:

The precedent was shown in the Miedzinski deal where he was wanted by his parent club but Poole signed him on loan when Swindon wanted a transfer.

If anything different happens then Chris is getting stitched up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Perhaps he would be the first rider to bypass the BSPA and go to the courts...

He has little to lose now. Has made his money and doesnt need the UK £ but would have a point of principle to make.

:o

If Chris really doesn’t want to ride for Poole I would say. Fine 

I’ll take Lambert as a good back up. And when Kurtz and Woryna show they are better than Lambert then he will learn how much he has to improve. 

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I’ll take Lambert as a good back up. And when Kurtz and Woryna show they are better than Lambert then he will learn how much he has to improve. 

Do you really think Woryna is better than Lambert ?

Holder doesn't want to ride for poole..and won't be riding for poole....he will be at somerset with his brother...as was mentioned a couple of month's ago...but for some reason poole fans don't seem to get that not everyone wants to ride for poole.   Having said that.....they are probably nearly all the same bloke anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Holder doesn't want to ride for poole..and won't be riding for poole....he will be at somerset with his brother...as was mentioned a couple of month's ago...but for some reason poole fans don't seem to get that not everyone wants to ride for poole.   Having said that.....they are probably nearly all the same bloke anyway.

Is this true or just another rumour

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

It looks as if you may not have the chance to even consider Lambert, as the latest news is he "may" be opting out of the UK for 2018.

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Do you really think Woryna is better than Lambert ?

I do, and by quite a considerable margin on the world stage. One rides top flight Poland and is in the top 20. The other rides two divisions lower in Poland. Quite a gulf in who they face evey meeting.

Having said that, Lambert knows his way around British tracks better than Woryna so I expect him to have a higher average in the UK. If he can be arsed to ride here.

Lambert is another over rated Brit with a huge ego and shocking attitude problem. 

Another Danny King standard wise, but at least King is a much more down to earth person compared to Lambert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I do, and by quite a considerable margin on the world stage. One rides top flight Poland and is in the top 20. The other rides two divisions lower in Poland. Quite a gulf in who they face evey meeting.

Having said that, Lambert knows his way around British tracks better than Woryna so I expect him to have a higher average in the UK. If he can be arsed to ride here.

So British speedway as sunk that low that a 3rd string Pole ( no disrespect to KW ) Is regarded higer than one of our supposed top riders ?

If Chris does not want to ride for Poole then that's fine, I don't want a rider who isn't 110% committed to riding for the Pirates. There is plenty more riders who we could use if not, although Chris is sat on bargain average. The Poole fans want him back but why go for a rider who wants to ride elsewhere.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Easy to say that Woryna is a 'considerable' margin ahead of Lambert but the only measure you can really use is the world under 21 standings which put Woryna slightly ahead with a six point margin. Until they both compete in the same league across a whole season that's the only barometer really which equates to two points per round.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Easy to say that Woryna is a 'considerable' margin ahead of Lambert but the only measure you can really use is the world under 21 standings which put Woryna slightly ahead with a six point margin. Until they both compete in the same league across a whole season that's the only barometer really which equates to two points per round.

Looks unlikely to happen at the moment. Woryna is streets ahead of Lambert in Poland, and that is the true barometer imo. If it came down to ego's Lambert would win hands down...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Looks unlikely to happen at the moment. Woryna is streets ahead of Lambert in Poland, and that is the true barometer imo. If it came down to ego's Lambert would win hands down...

Woryna in Poland is to be expected, over here is a different kettle of fish