British Speedway Forum

Just now, foreverblue said:

He says it isn't about money then in the next sentence says he needs to sell assets because he is losing 20 cent of turnover due to lack of tv money!

If truth was known it probably about Jack 

Well there's only Leicester, Belle Vue and Rye House as real possibilities!!  Swindon and Wolves are complete.  KL not really.  Somerset can they afford him?

Just now, james1234 said:

If truth was known it probably about Jack 

So basically he wants to go to Somerset but Matt Ford is saying he wants to sell not loan.

• Like 2

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Well there's only Leicester, Belle Vue and Rye House as real possibilities!!  Swindon and Wolves are complete.  KL not really.  Somerset can they afford him?

Can anyone afford him? I would think only Rye House could.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

So basically he wants to go to Somerset but Matt Ford is saying he wants to sell not loan.

It must be Somerset he wants to go to 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Well, unfortunately, Matt himself has set the bar on this one extremely low. In football we had the Bosman ruling. In speedway, its the Miedzinski. 

The fact Holder is in his plans for 2018 is neither here nor there. if they cant agree terms he is a free agent and the rule of Miedzinski should be enforced.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Looks like that's the case.I can't see any club paying £25k for him as mentioned elsewhere.I doubt he has many years left over here and I don't think he's a rider that will still be riding into his late 30's.

1 minute ago, theblueboy said:

Well, unfortunately, Matt himself has set the bar on this one extremely low. In football we had the Bosman ruling. In speedway, its the Miedzinski. 

The fact Holder is in his plans for 2018 is neither here nor there. if they cant agree terms he is a free agent and the rule of Miedzinski should be enforced.

Couldn’t agree more, Swindon were stiffed in that a few years back. Swindon offered Miedzak a deal & couldn’t agree, joins Poole & a loan is the arrangement, the same rule should be applicable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

But they have agreed financial terms - its about other stuff!!

Just now, Skidder1 said:

But they have agreed financial terms - its about other stuff!!

That's irrelevant. If Poole, cannot agree, for whatever reason, with Chris Holder to be in your team for 2018 that's Poole's problem, nobody else's.

The problem is, you'll only be able to loan him out on a 7 pointers loan fee and not a number 1. That's a double whammy in my book...

36 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He says it isn't about money then in the next sentence says he needs to sell assets because he is losing 20 cent of turnover due to lack of tv money!

He says the arrangement with Holder isn't about money. He didn't say he need's to sell his assets, he said that it looks like he be losing 20% of his turnover due to a lack of profitable TV deal and could look at selling assets. 

I think it's a case of chris had already agreed to race for somerset with jack...as mentioned months ago...Matt has decided he wants to use him., chris has said no matt I'm racing for somerset.   Matt throws toys out of pram and says....well they will have to buy you then.   Chris says ...whatever matt...do what ya want but I'm not racing for you next year.  

Matt throws more toys out of pram and says.. Well can we at least make it look like I've tried to sign you in the press..as don't want people thinking I've lost my touch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Couldn’t agree more, Swindon were stiffed in that a few years back. Swindon offered Miedzak a deal & couldn’t agree, joins Poole & a loan is the arrangement, the same rule should be applicable 

Rules change every year!