British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Matt is trying to rescue the situation with Holder Sr who for me was the most important part of Matts plan for 2018 with Brady Kurtz. I think his team plans are up the wall with the current stalemate caused by Matt not taking Jack back who as one of the World's improving young riders already signed by Torun would to many have been an obvious resigning. But not for Matt who must have had something said which he has taken to heart.

True,  but if Chris is in Somerset team surely Somerset would wait and see what happens ,as if Chris stays with Poole that would mean Somerset would have to change their team around, so would not be announcing riders.....if that make sense.

3 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

The whole thing has been concocted

We'll soon find out! A Poole fan on twitter thinks Chris and Poole are stuck with each other. I'd rather he went if he doesn't want to be here.

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Keeping a rider who swears at you/doesn't respect you would be really stupid!! 

A lot of things were said in anger last season when the likes of Rye House were hammering Poole into total submission on their home track. Jack being young was also frustrated at his own performances which didn't help. As well as Matts own outburst in the media about many of the riders would not be there in 2018. BUT some should remember this is a young Aussie in his first season at the club and the Prem. Its obvious he is a talent. For me there should have been more in depth talks between the 2 and with his brother Chris with a view to bringing both back for 2018.

Look at Jacks Champ results and GSA. Just shy of 9 and the so called British Wonder kid Lambert only was 0.33 higher and he has ridden UK tracks 2.5 years LONGER than Jack has. Jack has been signed by Torun and showed his potential talent end of season in Torun. Lambert has only ridden POL 2nd Div and was hardly snapped up by any POL EXL teams for 2018.

I think long term Holder JR may well be the better rider.

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We'll soon find out! A Poole fan on twitter thinks Chris and Poole are stuck with each other. I'd rather he went if he doesn't want to be here.

The so called £25,000 Matt is supposedly asking for Holder will curtail some interest I would imagine.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Matt wanted to use him then he wouldn't let Somerset talk to him. Unless you are saying Somerset tapped him up??! :o

I heard that was the case and Matt reported Somerset to the BSPA MC.

I thought Poole and Somerset had a very good relationship? I remember Somerset to Poole being the natural progression for riders Matt Ford was interested in back when Somerset were in the second division.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, james1234 said:

I just can't believe Ford is making it public he is having problems agreeing a deal, 

very true should be kept between themselves

fords got the hump as it looks like he will have to run with most of the team

of untried poles

1 minute ago, HAMMER180 said:

very true should be kept between themselves

fords got the hump as it looks like he will have to run with most of the team

of untried poles

The way I read the statement I think even ford himself doesn't think Holder will be in the team

It'll also come as no surprise that Charles Wright also hasn't signed for Somerset either, being a Poole asset.

36 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A lot of things were said in anger last season when the likes of Rye House were hammering Poole into total submission on their home track. Jack being young was also frustrated at his own performances which didn't help. As well as Matts own outburst in the media about many of the riders would not be there in 2018. BUT some should remember this is a young Aussie in his first season at the club and the Prem. Its obvious he is a talent. For me there should have been more in depth talks between the 2 and with his brother Chris with a view to bringing both back for 2018.

Look at Jacks Champ results and GSA. Just shy of 9 and the so called British Wonder kid Lambert only was 0.33 higher and he has ridden UK tracks 2.5 years LONGER than Jack has. Jack has been signed by Torun and showed his potential talent end of season in Torun. Lambert has only ridden POL 2nd Div and was hardly snapped up by any POL EXL teams for 2018.

I think long term Holder JR may well be the better rider.

How can they bring both back???  Jack has already signed and announced for somerset.

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

He says the arrangement with Holder isn't about money. He didn't say he need's to sell his assets, he said that it looks like he be losing 20% of his turnover due to a lack of profitable TV deal and could look at selling assets. 

What he actually said was that it would help the club financially if he sold one or two assets and inferring that he may need to look at that because of the lack of tv money.

never wanted holder back after last years farce at kings lynn hope somerset enjoy his company