British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

A lot of things were said in anger last season when the likes of Rye House were hammering Poole into total submission on their home track. Jack being young was also frustrated at his own performances which didn't help. As well as Matts own outburst in the media about many of the riders would not be there in 2018. BUT some should remember this is a young Aussie in his first season at the club and the Prem. Its obvious he is a talent. For me there should have been more in depth talks between the 2 and with his brother Chris with a view to bringing both back for 2018.

Look at Jacks Champ results and GSA. Just shy of 9 and the so called British Wonder kid Lambert only was 0.33 higher and he has ridden UK tracks 2.5 years LONGER than Jack has. Jack has been signed by Torun and showed his potential talent end of season in Torun. Lambert has only ridden POL 2nd Div and was hardly snapped up by any POL EXL teams for 2018.

I think long term Holder JR may well be the better rider.

Tough! Most people would get sacked or at least get a warning if they started swearing at their boss. Plus it doesn't send the right message out to the other riders. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, james1234 said:

I just can't believe Ford is making it public he is having problems agreeing a deal, 

To make Chris look like the bad guy...

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How can they bring both back???  Jack has already signed and announced for somerset.

Of course its too late now.

He should have sat down with both after the seasons end and well before now and had a heart to heart with both on Jacks boyish behaviour and the fact he should not have been so outspoken.

Let's all get a reality check here. This is one of potentially the best young riders in the World. He is a Poole asset and has been signed by Torun on a full contract. Not a young riders contract where they are not guaranteed an income. His first season in the Elite league on a GSA of 5.82. After only 1.5 seasons previously in Champ with Plymouth. Also showed what he could do on decent equipment (Hancocks engine), on decent tracks when he rode those last few meetings for Torun. Do you think Lambert would have been so good. I don't think so.....

If he is good enough to be signed for the POL EXL with a clear understanding that Chris mentors him then it should have been the same here. Sometimes people have to put the frustrations of last season behind them. I mean both Jack and Matt. Its not about Jack's disrespect for Matt. The guy was a frustrated young man who was not given a chance to settle and have his obvious ups and downs because the team he rode for were so poor for so long and were getting hammered so badly at certain stages when all this came to a head.

Move on for Christ's sake. Don't let the guys talent be blunted by a case of "because I am the club owner I have bigger bo**ocks than you have". Sit down together with Jack and Chris (as his mentor) and thrash it out so all can have a harmonious working relationship going forward.

Something I fear has been sadly missing in this case. Hence the mess we now have.

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Let's all get a reality check here. This is one of potentially the best young riders in the World. He is a Poole asset and has been signed by Torun on a full contract. Not a young riders contract where they are not guaranteed an income. His first season in the Elite league on a GSA of 5.82. After only 1.5 seasons previously in Champ with Plymouth. Also showed what he could do on decent equipment (Hancocks engine), on decent tracks when he rode those last few meetings for Torun. Do you think Lambert would have been so good. I don't think so.....

Don't forget he also smashed Darcy's track record in Torun. I didn't think that would ever be beaten.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

Just now, lisa-colette said:

To make Chris look like the bad guy...

Perhaps he is the bad guy, riders cannot have all the power. Recently Conte the Chelsea manager didn't play Luiz because he tried to tell him how to run the team, it is how he showed his strength and wasn't going to be told by a player what he needs to do.  Maybe Matt Ford doesn't want to be told by Holder how to run his team.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Don't forget he also smashed Darcy's track record in Torun. I didn't think that would ever be beaten.

We are just highlighting the obvious then. He is potentially a class act and is still learning. Think about it. He had 1.5 seasons with Plymouth and 1 season with Poole/Peterborough. On that basis and obviously helped by Chris's connections with Torun, he gets a chance to show Torun what he can do and does exactly that. On that basis he then gets offered a full time contract.

Yet Matt doesn't want him this season due to some youngster petulance last season in a team that Matt was responsible for signing and his fantastic mid term replacements (NOT....)

I just hope that the Holders and whoever else Somerset sign if there is a big gun in there, don't come back and bite us on the backside. Hopefully as an asset Jack will prove what he can do and be back in Poole for 2019. But lets not forget he is learning and hopefully progressing as a rider.

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course its too late now.

He should have sat down with both after the seasons end and well before now and had a heart to heart with both on Jacks boyish behaviour and the fact he should not have been so outspoken.

If he is good enough to be signed for the POL EXL with a clear understanding that Chris mentors him then it should have been the same here. Sometimes people have to put the frustrations of last season behind them. I mean both Jack and Matt. Its not about Jack's disrespect for Matt. The guy was a frustrated young man who was not given a chance to settle and have his obvious ups and downs because the team he rode for were so poor for so long and were getting hammered so badly at certain stages when all this came to a head.

Move on for Christ's sake. Don't let the guys talent be blunted by a case of "because I am the club owner I have bigger bo**ocks than you have". Sit down together with Jack and Chris (as his mentor) and thrash it out so all can have a harmonious working relationship going forward.

Something I fear has been sadly missing in this case. Hence the mess we now have.

i dont know why people are getting so excitted over reading between the lines neither rider want to ride for us so let them go matt got abig enough asset base to sort our team out . lets be honest if chris holder average was over eight he would have been long gone we want riders who want to ride for the club imo

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

We are just highlighting the obvious then. He is potentially a class act and is still learning. Think about it. He had 1.5 seasons with Plymouth and 1 season with Poole/Peterborough. On that basis and obviously helped by Chris's connections with Torun, he gets a chance to show Torun what he can do and does exactly that. On that basis he then gets offered a full time contract.

Yet Matt doesn't want him this season due to some youngster petulance last season in a team that Matt was responsible for signing and his fantastic mid term replacements (NOT....)

I just hope that the Holders and whoever else Somerset sign if there is a big gun in there, don't come back and bite us on the backside. Hopefully as an asset Jack will prove what he can do and be back in Poole for 2019. But lets not forget he is learning and hopefully progressing as a rider.

Let's just see what happens Chris may still be at Poole but I would only have him if he's committed to the team 

As I said a couple of weeks ago.

Chris want's to ride with Jack at Somerset. Matt wants 25,000 pounds for him and Somerset cant afford that. Matt is not letting Chris leave on loan to any club. 

Complete stand off and neither side is backing down. 

As I said a couple of weeks ago.

Chris want's to ride with Jack at Somerset. Matt wants 25,000 pounds for him and Somerset cant afford that. Matt is not letting Chris leave on loan to any club. 

Complete stand off and neither side is backing down. 

From what i gather from speaking to one of CH's sponsors, he has no intention in riding for Poole again.

Has Matt made the call to KK yet!?!? ;-)
What average is Bjane on!?! ;-)

• Like 1

I dont think the track is even the main problem - I gather there were a lot of personal issues going on with CH that Matt didnt agree with and was pretty blunt over at the end of 2016 and think thats not going to be fixed over night.

• Like 1