Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Think its clear who voted for one over eight, looking at the way certain teams are being built on a tiny budget.

Having said that, if two or three teams said they refuse to come to tapes in 2018 if that rule isn’t implemented, they have the rest of the clubs over a barrel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think its clear who voted for one over eight, looking at the way certain teams are being built on a tiny budget.

Having said that, if two or three teams said they refuse to come to tapes in 2018 if that rule isn’t implemented, they have the rest of the clubs over a barrel.

 

Which is why they shouldn't have a say in what the rules are. Until that stops everyone will be voting with a vested interest for their own team building, which is wrong.

Personally I have no problem with Poole getting Woryna on his average. Swindon benefitted in a similar way last year with Musielak. But they really need some hard and fast rules, and riders like Woffinden, Kildermand etc should also have been able to retain their averages if others have.

I'll bet Somerset voted for the one-over-eight rules, for example, yet they've brought the World Champion in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant believe we are still banging on about averages!

Grossly unfair that a rider like Woryna isnt reassessed but riders like Woffinden and Zagar would be.

But of course the usual bile from the south coast expert clouds over the thread. 

It should be one clear cut rule............if you didnt ride here last season you are either ALL reassessed or ALL not reassessed. Its not difficult.

Dont think anyone has said Pooles team looks poor just got a weak number one and a couple of risky Poles who may or may not do the business. If they do Poole will be good for the play offs

Shovlar banging on about how good Poole look and how poor everyone else looks................then await the first Poole fixture and they will be massive underdogs whoever they ride against..........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It should be one clear cut rule............if you didnt ride here last season you are either ALL reassessed or ALL not reassessed. Its not difficult.

Funny how you never mentioned this once last season when Swindon signed Musielak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ouch said:

Don’t forget it only 2 home 2 away to get an average as per the Clegg ruling. 

Another rule change conveniently changed or changed to suit one team or one rider.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Funny that in a space of a couple of weeks since that announcement of Woryna and Spanner, we have gone from “meh” and “uninspired signings”,  “really mediocre”,  “what a rubbish looking team”, “Poole have thrown the towel in again”, “Kennett and Lahti would have been better signings”, to “huge ringers” and Worynas average “an insult to his ability”.

Woryna got his average by riding in this league. He has improved abroad but will that equate to a higher average here?

We don’t really know how these two will do, though I hope they both do exceptionally well and score a bucket load for us.  

 

 

What we do know is some riders have been reassessed and others not which is grossly unfair,  and shame on the governing body for total lack of clarity and fairness over it.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

So why did you moan so much when Woffinden returned to Wolves when he got his average from riding in this league.

You puzzle me Steve because you will always seem to think it's alright for Poole to sign riders on these sort of averages,but as soon as any other team want to do it it becomes unfair

Sadly Steve often comes across with blue blindness on these matters. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

 

Funny how you never mentioned this once last season when Swindon signed Musielak.

erm yes i did!!

Worynas average is correct.......but then so to should be Woffindens and Zagars....simple really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tellboy said:

So why did you moan so much when Woffinden returned to Wolves when he got his average from riding in this league.

You puzzle me Steve because you will always seem to think it's alright for Poole to sign riders on these sort of averages,but as soon as any other team want to do it it becomes unfair

I moaned because Woffinden has no respect for British speedway and only used it for convenience once his Foreign commitments had finished. He had no interest in riding here but for some extra cash, but in doing so he basically gifted the title to Wolves.

At least the Belle Vue fans told him what nearly everyone else thinks of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

erm yes i did!!

Worynas average is correct.......but then so to should be Woffindens and Zagars....simple really

Woffinden and Zagar are GP riders who do not have an average. Therefore they have been altered to reflect their station. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I moaned because Woffinden has no respect for British speedway and only used it for convenience once his Foreign commitments had finished. He had no interest in riding here but for some extra cash, but in doing so he basically gifted the title to Wolves.

At least the Belle Vue fans told him what nearly everyone else thinks of him.

Ditto Hancock, Jonsson,  Janowski, THJ, MJJ and more.

The fans in Cardiff tell Woffy what nearly everyone thinks of him.

Talking of riders using British speedway to help win a title, I take it you forgot about Poole and Hancock??

I'd hate to point out what a hypocrite that would make you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Woffinden and Zagar are GP riders who do not have an average. Therefore they have been altered to reflect their station. 

They have an average,  just like Woryna. Assess one,  assess all. 

I suppose that doesn't suit the blue tint brigade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Woffinden and Zagar are GP riders who do not have an average. Therefore they have been altered to reflect their station. 

Talking absolute garbage 

Woffinden and Zagar have an average from 2016 same as Woryna does.

Please tell me how in your little Poole bubble how any of the riders differ from the other?   

2 riders who are not going to get any better (Woffinden and Zagar) can have their 2016 averages INCREASED

1 rider who it has been shown has vastly improved can have his 2016 average KEPT THE SAME

Now please tell me how you think that that is fair????

Nobody is saying Poole have broke the rules in signing Woryna on that average............yet you keep coming out with daft statements like 'Woffy turned his back on GB'  and even more stupid ' that they dont have an average' .........Zagar rode ger the whole season yet you think he should have his average altered yet someone else who rode here (Woryna) shouldnt!!!............your pathetic bias is incredible!

 

Edited by Gavan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Talking absolute garbage 

Woffinden and Zagar have an average from 2016 same as Woryna does.

Please tell me how in your little Poole bubble how any of the riders differ from the other?   

2 riders who are not going to get any better (Woffinden and Zagar) can have their 2016 averages INCREASED

1 rider who it has been shown has vastly improved can have his 2016 average KEPT THE SAME

Now please tell me how you think that that is fair????

Nobody is saying Poole have broke the rules in signing Woryna on that average............yet you keep coming out with daft statements like 'Woffy turned his back on GB'  and even more stupid ' that they dont have an average' .........Zagar rode ger the whole season yet you think he should have his average altered yet someone else who rode here (Woryna) shouldnt!!!............your pathetic bias is incredible!

 

It's only fair in Poole. You can be sure the same poster would be complaining if he had signed for any other team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

All riders that have appeared in the Grand Prix Series in the last three seasons and those riding in 2018 that did NOT appear here in 2017 will be given a 9.00 assessed average. 

 

This includes Woffinden, Zagar, Lindback, Pawlicki etc but doesn't include Chris Holder 7.16 as he rode here while Lindgren keeps his 9.29 average and Doyle his 9.69. Iversen will be 9.00 as his previous average was just short of nine.

 

The one rule that does seem to have been forgotten is a rider coming to Britain that has achieved a certain average (6.00) in either the Swedish or Polish top division is assessed at 7.00 however Woryna keeps his 4.65 average from 2016 despite reaching an average just under eight for Rybnik which was higher than Doyle, Woffinden, Holder and Hancock. 

 

Despite winning the Gold Medal as a member of the World U21 SWC and the fact Coventry failed to start in 2017 (even though he wasn't signed) and he was at reserve in Poland (one easy race only) they have managed to keep his 2016 average

Thanks for your reply but I believe you may be a little out of date, as I understand (as has been already mooted on here) that the 9 point assessed  GP riders will be  reassessed to 8 points and that may only apply to those that are in the 2018 series?! ie it doesn't go back 3 seasons and any ex-GP riders that rode UK previously will be available on the average they attained then - unless it was so long ago that it needs to be reassessed again?!

 

Lets not forget that the rider assessments are done 'independently' (used to be by Peter Oakes and may still be?!) rather than by the BSPA/SCB, who then have to agree them or not!?

I may be totally wrong but as the saying goes - There is no smoke without fire!!

 

Maybe the new year will clarify?! ;)

Edited by Skidder1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It's only fair in Poole. You can be sure the same poster would be complaining if he had signed for any other team.

I have no issue with Woryna on his average...............as long as all other riders who didnt ride here last season keep their 2016 one as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think its clear who voted for one over eight, looking at the way certain teams are being built on a tiny budget.

Having said that, if two or three teams said they refuse to come to tapes in 2018 if that rule isn’t implemented, they have the rest of the clubs over a barrel.

Steve think you'd be so surprised who came up with the one over 8.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy