British Speedway Forum

18 hours ago, ray c said:

Surely if holder has been offered a contract at Poole then Matt is should demand a return for is money if holder does not want to ride for us then a transfer fee is in order ?

He may have offered him a contract but that does not mean to say he has signed it. I seem to remember Kyle Howarth being offered a contract some seasons ago but he refused to sign it & rode elsewhere. Nobody bought his contract, so what is the difference? Miedinski was offered a contract at Swindon but chose to ride for Poole. Swindon only got a loan fee.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Someone on the bsf who also follows the polish scene put a link to a Polish 2018 Rider contract which although the translation is a bit iffy would seem to suggest the riders in the Polish Extraleague can ride in upto 4 leagues!!  HOWEVER, I stress that the translation doesn't make it that easy to understand.

Much more relevant (to me anyway) are the rumoured changes to the assessed current and former GP riders!!!

IF that is the case then one would think clubs would be in a position to sign the riders they may have so far been sitting on the fence on due to it not being clarified. I hope it is more than the previous 3 but you would have thought something would have crept out into the public domain by now or on the Polish sites even if it was only a case of along the lines of "It looks like the POL EXL are lifting the 3 league rule to a max of 4 leagues". I don't doubt though what you have read even if the translation is a bit "iffy".

As for the rumoured changes on current and former GP riders. Will it change much as far as 2018 Prem start is concerned ??. Near enough all the one over 8's have been nominated except BV who 99% will name Cook and KL who surely will try to get NKI irrespective. It only becomes interesting if riders can come in below 8 either based on old GSA's or if they are reassessed below 8. Anyone surely who is a 9 who becomes an 8 or someone who was a 7 or 7 plus on an old GSA but who is reassessed at 8 wont get in anyway ??.  I am thinking for example someone like Piotr Pawlicki ?? who was below 8 at 7.32 on his last 2014 GSA and is no longer a GP rider for this season. Giving him an 8 with who has been announced in Prem teams so far wont get the guy into a UK team ?? If he is below 8 then it becomes another story. If he wanted UK anyway that is.

3 hours ago, lewy said:

Jack holder was at Plymouth for 2 seasons hated not winning but was no problem to the manager

Matt isn't the manager though! Unless it was one of the times he stepped in for Middlo. As I've said before most people would get a warning/sacked if they spoke that way to their boss like Jack did to Matt. Glad he's not back tbh 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Matt isn't the manager though! Unless it was one of the times he stepped in for Middlo. As I've said before most people would get a warning/sacked if they spoke that way to their boss like Jack did to Matt. Glad he's not back tbh 

I wonder how much input middle got because sometimes it doesn't look a lot ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

As for the rumoured changes on current and former GP riders. Will it change much as far as 2018 Prem start is concerned ??. Near enough all the one over 8's have been nominated except BV who 99% will name Cook and KL who surely will try to get NKI irrespective. It only becomes interesting if riders can come in below 8 either based on old GSA's or if they are reassessed below 8. Anyone surely who is a 9 who becomes an 8 or someone who was a 7 or 7 plus on an old GSA but who is reassessed at 8 wont get in anyway ??.  I am thinking for example someone like Piotr Pawlicki ?? who was below 8 at 7.32 on his last 2014 GSA and is no longer a GP rider for this season. Giving him an 8 with who has been announced in Prem teams so far wont get the guy into a UK team ?? If he is below 8 then it becomes another story. If he wanted UK anyway that is.

Piotr certainly was interested in coming back this season.  CVS confirmed that at the talk in. Discussions took place and asked for his name to be circulated if Wolves couldn't use hkm.

CVS said they were interested until it was confirmed he would be reassessed at 9 (now possibly 8).

It would be an absolute farce to let any of those riders return  this season on their old averages sometime in the season,  particularly when they wanted to come in the first place. 

But then this is the BSPA so anything is possible.  :(

Edited by stevebrum
spelling

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I wonder how much input middle got because sometimes it doesn't look a lot ?

I'm sure he gets a say, just not the final one! 

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

So Hans Andersen is back in the UK and back in Poole for a visit! 

Wonder where this is heading. 

matts office i hope to sign up for next season  :)

6 hours ago, poolebolton said:

So Hans Andersen is back in the UK and back in Poole for a visit! 

Wonder where this is heading. 

Cutting the ribbon at the new Poole cafe?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So you keep saying like a broken record.... what exactly did he say then, as you keep missing that bit of information out?

• Like 2

Despite Hans tweeting before Christmas that he is unlikely to be lining up for the Pirates, things may not have gone to Matt's preferred plan.  Either way Hans has always had Poole-based sponsors wherever he's ridden (Meridian Lifts) so may simply be calling in en-route to Leicester?!:D

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Despite Hans tweeting before Christmas that he is unlikely to be lining up for the Pirates, things may not have gone to Matt's preferred plan.  Either way Hans has always had Poole-based sponsors wherever he's ridden (Meridian Lifts) so may simply be calling in en-route to Leicester?!:D

Will he get in at Leicester ??. According to Forum comments on the Leicester Topic they only have about 7.15 left after their 2 new riders have been assessed. Leicester Speedway twitter says Vaculik at 8.00 and Piesz at 6.50. Andersen can't and depending on how one Leicester riders GSA is assessed lower down the order maybe Holder cant either ??

On other news - Sad to read Ellis Perks wont be riding UK this year (at the moment) as nobody seems to want him. A young British rider trying to find his way in the sport with a 5 point Champ and 3.33 point Prem GSA, one would have thought at least one club would sign him. It seems that clubs are more eager in both leagues to go for untried and foreign talent then promote its own riders. He has made his feelings felt on the matter in one comment on his twitter.

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Will he get in at Leicester ??. According to Forum comments on the Leicester Topic they only have about 7.15 left after their 2 new riders have been assessed. Leicester Speedway twitter says Vaculik at 8.00 and Piesz at 6.50. Andersen can't and depending on how one Leicester riders GSA is assessed lower down the order maybe Holder cant either ??

On other news - Sad to read Ellis Perks wont be riding UK this year (at the moment) as nobody seems to want him. A young British rider trying to find his way in the sport with a 5 point Champ and 3.33 point Prem GSA, one would have thought at least one club would sign him. It seems that clubs are more eager in both leagues to go for untried and foreign talent then promote its own riders. He has made his feelings felt on the matter in one comment on his twitter.

Maybe scrap that on Leicester as one contributor says that Sargeant may be on an assessed GSA of over1 point less than another contributor has put. If that's the case both could be an option :rolleyes:

That’s crazy about Ellis Perks. Just like Stefan Nielsen this year. I can’t believe Championship promoters don’t prioritise British talent. Why isn’t there a rule requiring all British riders under 25 who have achieved a 4 point average to be signed? Ellis might not be the big improver that wins you the Championship title this year - compared to the new 5.2 point Scandinavians - but he will be a solid, cost effective investment for years to come.

It’s also crazy that Premiership teams have dropped the two British riders rule.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe scrap that on Leicester as one contributor says that Sargeant may be on an assessed GSA of over1 point less than another contributor has put. If that's the case both could be an option :rolleyes:

As far as I know JS will have an average of 2.56 which is a conversion of his Championship average.