British Speedway Forum

I think we might here news this week. First time there is a week break when Bournemouth aren’t playing so maximise coverage in the echo!!! 

Normally what Matt tries to do!!

18 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Kurtz may look a weak number one on paper but there arent many strong ones on paper either imo.

with his rapid improvement he could actually go on to be top 3 in the averages, who else do you have apart from Doyle as a proven number one in this league? Morris? Thorsell? Cook? Vaculik could find life a nightmare in the UK and be a flop. Lynn havent got a number one. He has a higher average than Nicholls and Harris who are both on their way down.

To me it looks as though Kurtz, as it stands, could quite easily be second or third in the averages by the end of the season. Id be stunned if first time number ones in Morris, Cook, Thorsell and Vaculik average more than him to be honest but I guess we will see. 

Prepare to be stunned then !!! because Vaculik will out average Kurtz- Cook also in my opinon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Prepare to be stunned then !!! because Vaculik will out average Kurtz- Cook also in my opinon

Cook hasnt ridden at #1 before and Vaculik could well not like the smaller UK tracks, thats if he lasts a season!

Kurtz has improved year on year and see no reason why he wont continue to do so in 2018.

Kasprzak must be nailed on on his average and Holder C looks a good bet as well.

Poole will be there or thereabouts no doubt.

And where did i say Tungate was better than Kurtz? Just nice for Belle Vue fans to see their second string doing well.

Plus why arent Poole fans up in arms about Holder not riding in the Aussie champs?? They very vocal about Tai not doing the British Final so im assuming they must have the same thoughts regarding Holder

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And where did i say Tungate was better than Kurtz? Just nice for Belle Vue fans to see their second string doing well.

Plus why arent Poole fans up in arms about Holder not riding in the Aussie champs?? They very vocal about Tai not doing the British Final so im assuming they must have the same thoughts regarding Holder

Isnt Holder based in the UK most of the year now???

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Only if Holder and the two Poles each put a point on their averages. But there’s just as much chance that they will lose interest when the Polish season starts. Can’t see all three lasting the season either. They’re gonna need the other four to be mighty consistent and hope Kurtz and Grajczonek don’t get sidetracked by New Polish commitments nor Shanes overworked by the CL and grasstrack.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Seems Poole right to get rid of Jack Holder didnt do that well in oz today.

Kurtz did ok but beaten by a Belle Vue heat leader and Belle Vue second string shows that he could possibly be the weakest number one in the league.

Josh Pickering looked good maybe someone in the top flight might take a chance on him

Luckily the British league isn't run in Australia!! :D

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Only if Holder and the two Poles each put a point on their averages. But there’s just as much chance that they will lose interest when the Polish season starts. Can’t see all three lasting the season either. They’re gonna need the other four to be mighty consistent and hope Kurtz and Grajczonek don’t get sidetracked by New Polish commitments nor Shanes overworked by the CL and grasstrack.

All you need is the team to hold their figures and for the expected 2-3 point improvement from Woryna and they look clear favourites to me. Thats assuming holder, andersen and shanes complete the team.

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ha ha. Bit hard for Chris to ride in the Aussie champs when he is over here. Think his son is more important! :blink:

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ha ha. Bit hard for Chris to ride in the Aussie champs when he is over here. Think his son is more important! :blink:

Also does Holder sing the UK national anthem and have a union jack tatooed on his back?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Also does Holder sing the UK national anthem and have a union jack tatooed on his back?

I would pay to see that! :lol:

40 minutes ago, Pinny said:

He is more likely to join the Buster Chapman fan club :P

19 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I can’t wait for Swindon vs Poole

Yep, neither can I. 4 easy points.

• Haha 1