British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Er, what on earth has that got to do with anything? Kurtz rode at 1, Morris was protected with easier rides.  Swindon fans happy with Morris. Poole fans happy with Kurtz and a saving of the best part of a point.

Morris unlikely to improve his average. Kurtz likely to add a point.

Who is the best deal?

Easier rides how many times did he ride with Doyle ?? and  he never ever  looked for his partner Morris now can move on and be a proper no 1 Kurtz i rate highly but Morris and Fricke are better riders at this moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You are welcome to him,  the rider that Poole fans were claiming would win the Aus Championship and not get beaten by a second string rider.

does it really matter, I would certainly have Kurtz over tungate that's for sure

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Er, what on earth has that got to do with anything? Kurtz rode at 1, Morris was protected with easier rides.  Swindon fans happy with Morris. Poole fans happy with Kurtz and a saving of the best part of a point.

Who is the best deal?

Morris will do fine thanks, arguably the best rider at the Abbey since Leigh. Trust me when I say this, the kid is only going one way & that’s up. He’s only 23.....

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You are welcome to him,  the rider that Poole fans were claiming would win the Aus Championship and not get beaten by a second string rider.

The Aus Championship that Nick Morris didn't turn up to this year, and lost two rounds to Kurtz in last year? ;)

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

Morris will do fine thanks, arguably the best rider at the Abbey since Leigh. Trust me when I say this, the kid is only going one way & that’s up. He’s only 23.....

he is not on the same plannet as adams , and dont forget a certain mr ward rode for you

7 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

does it really matter, I would certainly have Kurtz over tungate that's for sure

“Poole fans happy with Kurtz. Belle Vue fans happy with Tungate and a saving of the best part of two points.

Who is the best deal?”

• Like 1

I quite like Morris, but in all honesty he was second behind a dominant Doyle in the averages last season whilst Kurtz was at number one most of the season. 

It remains to be seen if Morris can maintain his starting average whilst riding at number one next season...

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You clearly have an inability to spot fast rising talent. He has already surpassed Morris regardless of last years Premiership averages. 

You clearly have an inability to read as I'd previously stated Kurtz has talent. 

Under no circumstances has he 'surpassed ' Morris, although I'd be interested to read how you quantify that. As the worst number one averaged rider (barring Rye) it's hardly anything for any fan to brag about. What you can brag about however is the development he has made in 2017. Signs are good.  However until he delivers that promise (that he may or may not happen) he is just a very promising emerging talent. In the  UK he has a way to go before anyone can say he is already a better rider than Morris who is clearly the better top flight rider before a wheel has turned in 2018.

20 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Everybody would choose Kurtz over Morris because he's the better rider. 

Averages are a different thing.  

If you are choosing who to sign on averages you would probably go with Kurtz, however if you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK it would be Morris. 

You seem to be getting the 2 confused. 

4 minutes ago, ouch said:

“Poole fans happy with Kurtz. Belle Vue fans happy with Tungate and a saving of the best part of two points.

Who is the best deal?”

Kurtz

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I quite like Morris, but in all honesty he was second behind a dominant Doyle in the averages last season whilst Kurtz was at number one most of the season. 

It remains to be seen if Morris can maintain his starting average whilst riding at number one next season...

Doyle was not that dominant at Premiership level, Morris never looked out of place riding with him and I believe he can kick on and Morris will be tough to beat at the Abbey.

• Like 1

If you are looking at value I think Tungate is likely to add more to his average than Morris or Kurtz. He was on fire at the end of last season, unbeaten in the Australian GP and now the outstanding rider in the Australian Championship. His confidence is going to be sky high.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Doyle was not that dominant at Premiership level, Morris never looked out of place riding with him and I believe he can kick on and Morris will be tough to beat at the Abbey.

Well he topped the league averages so though dominant may not quite be right, Morris was still the best part of a point below him and Doyle took the pressure off him. 

Now he is the teams star number one, theres question marks over whether he can go out and win the big heat 13 and 15’s. 

hopefully he does, always been a fan of him.

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who is the best deal?

Protected at 5?He rides against the same members of the oppositions top 5 the same amount of times as Doyle and all number ones do.The only difference between the 1+5 is the number 1 rides against the no.6 once and the no.5 rides against the no.7 once.And between Kurtz and Morris you wouldn't expect any of those two to be beaten by a no. 6 or 7.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

If you are looking at value I think Tungate is likely to add more to his average than Morris or Kurtz. He was on fire at the end of last season, unbeaten in the Australian GP and now the outstanding rider in the Australian Championship. His confidence is going to be sky high.

Season is 2 months away. A lot changes in that time. Davey Watt looked a world beater again last winter and looked how that turned out. Polish press doing a lot of good stuff on tungate today. 

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Well he topped the league averages so though dominant may not quite be right, Morris was still the best part of a point below him and Doyle took the pressure off him. 

Now he is the teams star number one, theres question marks over whether he can go out and win the big heat 13 and 15’s. 

hopefully he does, always been a fan of him.

I believe he has really progressed nicely a steady burner like Thorssell at Wolves what people forget about Nick is how good he is from the back.He is very tenacious a real racer and i look forward to him progressing further this year.

Edited by Sidney the robin