Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Brady Kurtz
Chris Holder
Linus Sundstrom
Josh Grajczonek
Mateusz Szczepaniak
Kacper Woryna
James Shanes

Wow! That's got to be the team to beat this year. If the Pole's perform as Matt and Middlo hope, and Holder makes a bit of a comeback, we should be near untouchable.

Krysztof Kasprzak

Jack Holder

Brady Kurtz

Kyle Newman

Hans Andersen

Nicolai Klindt

James Shanes

I seem to remember that that 1-7 was being called untouchable about this time last season!!!!!

The 1-7 this season for Poole looks no better than last seasons to me. Many ifs and buts in Sundstrom and the 2 Poles and Holder......................would hate to see last season repeated..................you never know Lahti and Kennett might be free mid season to replace Holder and one of the Poles!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No doubt that Darcy was more talented on a bike than Ivan. If he hadn't had it taken away from him I'm sure he'd have been world champ time and time again.

Mark Loram, Joe Screen, Kelly Moran.......all more talented than Ivan Mauger on a bike but it takes something special to become a multi world champion.

For all his talent Darcy hadnt got there when his career cut short...................but to say he would have been world champ time and again is a bit much

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Mark Loram, Joe Screen, Kelly Moran.......all more talented than Ivan Mauger on a bike but it takes something special to become a multi world champion.

For all his talent Darcy hadnt got there when his career cut short...................but to say he would have been world champ time and again is a bit much

As all ivan wins were just one meeting not like todays format 

Edited by ray c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

difficult to compare riders with so many years in between, but for those who never saw I Mauger, he was perfect on his bike very similar to L Adams, but Mauger had the killer touch that won world titles, something sadly Adams never had.

As for D Ward we will never know how many if any at all world titles he could of won.

I remember posting a number of years ago on a topic about Darcy and his ability to win the world title. I said that IMHO he will never win a world title because he never knows when 2nd is good enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No doubt that Darcy was more talented on a bike than Ivan. If he hadn't had it taken away from him I'm sure he'd have been world champ time and time again.

 

“No doubt”? Hmmmm if you mean being able to lean and bunny jump your bike this way and that way, Darcy was brill, but if you mean honed skill and dedication over twenty years with the trophies to show for it, there’s only one winner.

It’s tragic that we’ve been robbed of Darcy, but his temperament casts doubt on whether he would have applied him self sufficiently to become another Ivan Mauger.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

“No doubt”? Hmmmm if you mean being able to lean and bunny jump your bike this way and that way, Darcy was brill, but if you mean honed skill and dedication over twenty years with the trophies to show for it, there’s only one winner.

It’s tragic that we’ve been robbed of Darcy, but his temperament casts doubt on whether he would have applied him self sufficiently to become another Ivan Mauger.

Never mind Ivan Mauger, it casts doubt over whether he would ever have won a single senior World Title. Even without that issue  there are absolutely no guarantees.

Let's not forget Emil Sayfutdinov was described as an absolute certainty to win World Titles too.. he may still win one or more, but he's not opened his account yet for varying reasons.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Bournemouth Echo Poole now clear Linus Sundstrom as Poles have lifted 3 league rule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

another powerhouse team assembled by Matt

good side

but so was last years and look what happened there. Good enough for play offs i reckon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Mark Loram, Joe Screen, Kelly Moran.......all more talented than Ivan Mauger on a bike but it takes something special to become a multi world champion.

For all his talent Darcy hadnt got there when his career cut short...................but to say he would have been world champ time and again is a bit much

True, but Darcy was something else. To say he hadn't got there by the time his career was cut short is a little unfair. Darcy only had 1 and a half seasons in the GP series, missing several fixtures in his first series and was only 20 years old too. Darcy had an exceptional feel for the bike and he manoeuvred the bike in ways I've never seen anybody else do. Darcy was busy being a young man. If he hadn't of got injured, and he put his adult head into the game, I really do believe he would have been world champion time and again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

good side

but so was last years and look what happened there. Good enough for play offs i reckon

Only if they are lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

good side

but so was last years and look what happened there. Good enough for play offs i reckon

Difference is we don't have KK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team has the potential to blow everybody away and win the league at a canter but I'd suggest there are enough question marks over various riders to not give them the trophy just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×