British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Why would Sundstrom get a reduction? He hasn't missed any years.

Being absent from Britain does not equate to missing a year. The 8% reduction applies to riders who have been out of action due to injury for an entire year.

oh I see Thanks.

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Can we just have the title now please. Only team who gets close to ours is Leicester.

No we have to deserve it. We have a very good side on paper, and 7 riders who are more than capable of increasing there averages.. But the most inportant thing in speedway is no injuries. we get that and we are stuffed, the same as any other team. if they all stay sound and improve like i would expect them to then we will take a lot of beating.

a big thanks i would imagine  from all poole supporters to matt ford for assembling an excellent looking team for 2018,have to be clear favourites this yr,that said i thought the 2016,2017 teams were also excellent so what do i know?my only concern is that the apparent total lack of team spirit in the last 2yrs can be reversed this yr and also that there is a significant increase on last yrs crowd levels

26 minutes ago, poole keith said:

a big thanks i would imagine  from all poole supporters to matt ford for assembling an excellent looking team for 2018,have to be clear favourites this yr,that said i thought the 2016,2017 teams were also excellent so what do i know?my only concern is that the apparent total lack of team spirit in the last 2yrs can be reversed this yr and also that there is a significant increase on last yrs crowd levels

Season ticket sales/pass's enquiries are apparantly up mate, and im sure than Matt would have a few other irons in the fire to attract the crowds.. Matt states in the echo he feels this is the best side he has assembled in the last 4 years, i would say longer. But as i said, speedway is not run on paper, it must be transfered to the track..

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Only on paper at the moment !!!

:rolleyes:

anything can happen in speedway,and often does, who would've thought that swindon were capable of going on that incredible unbeaten run last season. Also as some fans say, titles are not won at the beginning of the season.

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

anything can happen in speedway,and often does, who would've thought that swindon were capable of going on that incredible unbeaten run last season. Also as some fans say, titles are not won at the beginning of the season.

Its a marathon, not a sprint..

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Totally agree.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It is indeed a marathon,although followed by a sprint and who can assemble the best team come the end of July in readiness for the play-offs.

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

A couple of early injuries to the poles or holder will change the poole team into also rans 

Could happen to any team though, and even worse when it happens in both legs of a cup final  :o

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

A couple of early injuries to the poles or holder will change the poole team into also rans 

I wouldn't say also rans.But injuries to the Poles early on would seriously scupper their plans.They most definitely would struggle to get any riders to replace the capabilities of the Poles on those averages.

8 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Can we just have the title now please. Only team who gets close to ours is Leicester.

Lucky you getting to watch that team live every week ......

• Haha 1

Don’t start saying we are going to walk the league. 

We need to finish first because otherwise we could have a bad away meeting in the playoffs if we get there. 

Just wait and see after first 6 meetings and make a real judgment. 

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Don’t start saying we are going to walk the league. 

We need to finish first because otherwise we could have a bad away meeting in the playoffs if we get there. 

Just wait and see after first 6 meetings and make a real judgment. 

Agree.I picked Poole last season and look what happened.Fav's at the stage,but it ain't started yet.;)

Edited by Bald Bloke