British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Give him a chance to ride first :rolleyes:

I honestly hope he performs and can achieve a 3 point average but the league is much harder than last year. 

41 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I honestly hope he performs and can achieve a 3 point average but the league is much harder than last year. 

He can mate, thats all that will be required of him. If the others come to the party and forfill there potential which i would like to think they will, then they can carry him.
But like i said, im pleased he has another club/night it will make him a better rider, and we hopefully will see the benifit.

42 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Are you for REAL is it harder really? he will achieve 3 plus easily god what planet are you on Poole don't need to worry about Shanes other riders need to step up to the plate.

43 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Sounds like no race suits at Poole this year, back to bibs. 

Im sure a lot of clubs will be in the same boat mate, every club will have to cut costs. Every club has to be accountable for there own actions, and if it means going back to Bibs and ditching kevlars then so be it. We still have a lot of loyal sponsors at Poole, and also a main team sponsor, so its not all that bad.

Massive step backwards if this is true about no racesuits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Massive step backwards if this is true about no racesuits.

Why ? I don't recall no race suits in Speedway's glory days ever holding it back. In fact riders were more easily identified on track in many cases...

• Like 2

I just think they give a team much more of a united identity rather than looking like a bunch of waifs and strays. Certainly a must if the league is going to be on telly again this year.

• Like 4

In Sweden they don’t have race suits. 

Well they have there own racesuit with just the team badge on the front. So does it really matter? 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I just think they give a team much more of a united identity rather than looking like a bunch of waifs and strays. Certainly a must if the league is going to be on telly again this year.

I really prefer individual race suits. Makes the riders more identifiable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sugarray said:

I really prefer individual race suits. Makes the riders more identifiable. 

Quite agree. Also with so many guests last year you had half a team with official race suits and half not, which really did look amateurish. 

Edited by HertsRacer
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, HertsRacer said:

Quite agree. Also with so many guests last year you had half a team with official race suits and half not, which really did look amateurish. 

That won't be a major problem this year with fixed race nights. Will be interesting to see how all the major sponsors fit onto the bib as surely the riders paying for their own suit have first choice where there sponsors sit before any club sponsors?

8 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

That won't be a major problem this year with fixed race nights. Will be interesting to see how all the major sponsors fit onto the bib as surely the riders paying for their own suit have first choice where there sponsors sit before any club sponsors?

Good point mate, but i expect we will have extra banners made for the centre green.

9 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Unless it’s a Sweden type deal? 

On 02/02/2018 at 11:12 AM, Starman2006 said:

Thanks mate, everything going slowly, days are good nights still a bit dodgy. Plenty of worms in my head, nerve endings still a long way to go, but i have the scan on march 12th, and i will be a bag of nerves..

Bloody hell going through it! Fingers crossed for your scan I’m sure everything will be fine step by step mate