Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A very good night down at the stadium with an excellent turnout for the quiz with Linus signing cards and being interviewed. Matt was also interviewed and said the Gala evening is now sold out. Also the club are not only having a 70th anniversary meeting next Month, but having another in April on the exact date 70 years after the first ever meeting against Yarmouth. A fun evening, cheap admission and gates opening at 4.30 for fans to view historic memorabilia. He took the Pee out of Gary May who was preent, saying about an illegal approach from Somerset and May having the audacity to be present this evening. Light hearted.

James Shanes was interviewed and said he was the fittest he has ever been and was looking forward to riding up to 4 times a week. He has sponsors in Meridian Lifts and Wessex Marine. Is vry keen to get started. Said he was disappointed in his scoring last season.

Also, next week sees heavy plant at the track for 5 days where contractors are working on smoothing out the bends. Going to be like a billiards table.

 

Yes it was good Steve, even for the short period i stayed for because im still not fit enough to do a full evening. Thats good to hear the diggers are coming in. But for me i have 2 observations, 1, turn one wants taking up and relaying, and left completely dolled off, 2, we need to continue with proper red shale, it binds betterthan anything else. Otherwise the track just needs smoothing out hoeing and cabering., so any substantial rain get into the track and drains to the inside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobC said:

Very professional Bob, im sure that Matt will want to make full use of it throughtout the season..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Sounds like Fred Jacobsen is in the process of becoming a pirates asset! 

How is he gonna ride the meetings needed to do that then when he is not in the team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt's been keeping a close eye on his progress since he brought him over for the Blue Riband at the end of 2016. He was still studying at that time and wanted to complete all those studies before commiting full-time to Speedway.

Edited by Skidder1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Sounds like Fred Jacobsen is in the process of becoming a pirates asset! 

He may not want to become a poole asset still got to ride for us first. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt's been keeping a close eye on his progress since he brought him over for the Blue Riband at the end of 2016. He was still studying at that time and wanted to complete all those studies before commiting full-time to Speedway.

I see he is riding in the 70th anniversary meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Sounds like Fred Jacobsen is in the process of becoming a pirates asset! 

Unless he signs for someone else before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Unless he signs for someone else before.

I know that, just the way Matt Ford has spoken about him and invited him over again think it suggests a certain way he is going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ray c said:

i think matt ford should be an agent for assets or perhaps he is all ready :D

I think the assets that we have mostly ply there trade abroad, which means they are no use to Matt unless they come back here. Dont quote me on that..

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BobC said:

Great that the track is being ripped up and relaid. Just strange that its happening now. Most tracks do it within a week or so after the final meeting of the season and let it bed in and settle over the next 6 months.

I thought Linus acquitted himself very well indeed. Happy to chat, sign photos, and encouraged questions. Certainly comes across very well when interviewed. If he hits the ground running, I think Poole could be in for a very good season.

Lost out in the quiz to Shovvys team when we had a dire final round. They got 24 while we only scored 9. Ended up losing by 7pts. Disaster! We had James Shanes in our team and I must admit, him and his sister are very knowledgeable. Very nice people too. Hope he has a good season.

Good to see Starman make a fleeting appearance, although I didnt get to say hello.

Also, very good to see and meet up with familiar faces. Havent been to a REF night for around 7 years. Excellent evening.

Was really good to see you Bob you'll have to check on your Dad when the next one is on.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Starman2006 said:

I think the assets that we have mostly ply there trade abroad, which means they are no use to Matt unless they come back here. Dont quote me on that..

OK ;):D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hyderd said:

OK ;):D

But i believe that to be true. If you have assets who ride abroad permnantly and not in this country they are no use to the promotion in this country as an asset to sell on or loan out. If they ride in this country then they are a viable asset.

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×