British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Sounds like Fred Jacobsen is in the process of becoming a pirates asset! 

How is he gonna ride the meetings needed to do that then when he is not in the team?

Matt's been keeping a close eye on his progress since he brought him over for the Blue Riband at the end of 2016. He was still studying at that time and wanted to complete all those studies before commiting full-time to Speedway.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

He may not want to become a poole asset still got to ride for us first. ?

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt's been keeping a close eye on his progress since he brought him over for the Blue Riband at the end of 2016. He was still studying at that time and wanted to complete all those studies before commiting full-time to Speedway.

I see he is riding in the 70th anniversary meeting.

5 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Unless he signs for someone else before.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Unless he signs for someone else before.

I know that, just the way Matt Ford has spoken about him and invited him over again think it suggests a certain way he is going. 

i think matt ford should be an agent for assets or perhaps he is all ready :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

i think matt ford should be an agent for assets or perhaps he is all ready :D

I think the assets that we have mostly ply there trade abroad, which means they are no use to Matt unless they come back here. Dont quote me on that..

Edited by Starman2006

9 hours ago, BobC said:

Great that the track is being ripped up and relaid. Just strange that its happening now. Most tracks do it within a week or so after the final meeting of the season and let it bed in and settle over the next 6 months.

I thought Linus acquitted himself very well indeed. Happy to chat, sign photos, and encouraged questions. Certainly comes across very well when interviewed. If he hits the ground running, I think Poole could be in for a very good season.

Lost out in the quiz to Shovvys team when we had a dire final round. They got 24 while we only scored 9. Ended up losing by 7pts. Disaster! We had James Shanes in our team and I must admit, him and his sister are very knowledgeable. Very nice people too. Hope he has a good season.

Good to see Starman make a fleeting appearance, although I didnt get to say hello.

Also, very good to see and meet up with familiar faces. Havent been to a REF night for around 7 years. Excellent evening.

Was really good to see you Bob you'll have to check on your Dad when the next one is on.

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2018 at 6:55 PM, Starman2006 said:

I think the assets that we have mostly ply there trade abroad, which means they are no use to Matt unless they come back here. Dont quote me on that..

OK ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hyderd said:

But i believe that to be true. If you have assets who ride abroad permnantly and not in this country they are no use to the promotion in this country as an asset to sell on or loan out. If they ride in this country then they are a viable asset.

Edited by Starman2006

8 hours ago, hyderd said:

That's really good ..made me laugh 

so who does people think will be captain, my guess is Josh