British Speedway Forum

Would that be a good idea when he made it plain he didn't want to ride for the club?

• Like 1

i think josh dont what chris . chris is only there because there was no where he could go  just my opinion ?

Edited by ray c

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Would that be a good idea when he made it plain he didn't want to ride for the club?

I think Chris will do just fine, I'm sure Matt wouldn't even entertain him if he thought he was going to let the team down

29 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

I think Chris will do just fine, I'm sure Matt wouldn't even entertain him if he thought he was going to let the team down

If chris had a higher average than he has got dont think he would be riding for us ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

If chris had a higher average than he has got dont think he would be riding for us ?

really hope he comes back and proves the doubters wrong, he deserves a break

His average seems to be in freefall. No doubt he should improve his starting average but he has had 2 very poor seasons in the UK,  certainly poor judging by him being in the GP's.

12 hours ago, scottyfan said:

I think Chris Holder will be Captain.

Ive already said that. Its a no brainer..

21 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

really hope he comes back and proves the doubters wrong, he deserves a break

He will...;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

Is Giles Hartwell still involved at Poole Speedway?

No

Edited by ray c

Economy measure in the absence of TV money perhaps......bit like the speculated return to race bibs.

Dont think Chris would be a good chose , has a lot of things to prove this year and not really sure he is a great leader and motivator.

Like to give him a year first to show his true form and prove to everyone that he really has Poole at heart.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevebrum said:

His average seems to be in freefall. No doubt he should improve his starting average but he has had 2 very poor seasons in the UK,  certainly poor judging by him being in the GP's.

I don't agree - the last two seasons he has started off slowly in the first half of the season and improved in the second half (although didn't get to see out the second half of last season - which is why his average is lower).  Remember, he started at KL on a 12+ average which was too high for Poole.  If his average was in free fall,he would have had a much lower starting average and KL would have had more points to play with.

My take on Chris is that 99 per cent of us do not know what problems Chris has had to deal with over the last few years.For me he has been a great servant to speedway and this year hopefully people will wipe his slate clean and give him another chance.The talent the guy has is unreal and he now is back at his home  Poole that he feels most comfortable at he is at the right place.I for one would love to see Chris bulldoze his way back to the top echoleon's of the sport he is capable can he do it ? we shall see.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

My take on Chris is that 99 per cent of us do not know what problems Chris has had to deal with over the last few years.For me he has been a great servant to speedway and this year hopefully people will wipe his slate clean and give him another chance.The talent the guy has is unreal and he now is back at his home  Poole that he feels most comfortable at he is at the right place.I for one would love to see Chris bulldoze his way back to the top echoleon's of the sport he is capable can he do it ? we shall see.

Yes I agree with you on that so perhaps Chris has now arrived in the last chance saloon . From a Poole point of view hopefully he can turn it round as you say we shall see ?

Edited by ray c