British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

A designated thread? Really?  Well it started off in the Poole thread which is where I read it and responded.  I think it’s a bit disingenuous of you with regards Gavan so you must be on the mend.  Just my opinion and back to speedway - if Poole don’t win the league at a canter then I will be very surprised.

Are you drunk Steve?  how would you know Poole would win the league in a canter.?

39 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Are you drunk Steve?  how would you know Poole would win the league in a canter.?

Because some Poole fans tell us so :D

43 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The are the bookies favourites and with no less than 3 ringers in the team (4 if you include Noddy) - it would be the biggest choke in speedway history if they don't win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps BT will react to this snub by not showing Poole - I wonder how Matts sponsors would feel about that if they have stumped up more cash to be on TV......

To everyone who is worried Poole are in a far better financial citation that in previous years. 

They have increased season tickets, a team which is actually built on the cheap compared to what people think it is. 

Yes there was a far more expensive team in the ready.

So Poole in great and will continue to be so for the coming years. 

Is Gordon Pairman still a Promoter at Poole, and is it correct he’s a Tax exile living in the I.O.M., the reason for the questions is would it not be cheaper to give him the boot.   

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Where you getting that from ? totally wrong..

From the Speedway Star.    It says Poole have got rid of Giles Hartwell and racesuits as cost-cutting measures.

It quotes Neil Middleditch saying this.  And to be honest I'm more inclined to believe that Neil Middleditch and the Speedway Star know what they're talking about more than you do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The are the bookies favourites and with no less than 3 ringers in the team (4 if you include Noddy) - it would be the biggest choke in speedway history if they don't win!

A very attractive team Steve yes but there are at least four riders in that team that have something to prove play/offs certainly i don't know about winning it though.

10 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Because some Poole fans tell us so :D

Which ones are those mate, ive not said it, nothing is guranteed.. first they all have to stay sound and they all have to come to the party. Yes the team is packed with massive potential but we still have to do it on the track.One thing i will gurantee, the new boys will be getting plenty of laps in on P&P day. Both Neil and Chris can play a pivetable part in teaching the new lads how to ride the poole track properly..

10 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Jealous Stevie boy, Matt does his job, next years side will be planned by june...;)

16 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Things are not sounding too good down Dorset way accoring to the Speedway Star.

Firstly Giles Hartwell has been binned in a cost cutting measure.     This seems strange to me.  As a co-promoter I'd have thought Hartwell would be investing money into the club, but it sounds like he takes money out.    Speedway Star reports that Hartwell has been given the elbow in a cost-saving act.

And worse still, the Pirates can't even afford team suits this year.    Poole will look the poor relations in the 2018 PL with racejackets being worn over the top of any old kevlars rather than the smart team suits that the PL usually demands.   However the begging bowl is out and they will wear teamsuits if someone else pays for them.

Big Issue anyone?

Another poster who cannot see the wood from the trees. Giles was a NONE  funding/contrabuting promoter, but did a hell of a lot of work for Matt, he's left on good terms and they still have a sound friendship after 20 yrs.  As for the racesuits, Its sound financial common sense, yes its a cost cutting measure which im sure you will find at most clubs now. The measure now will keep us at the top for years to come. Keep blowing those bubbles mate... Don't write something you clearly know nothing about.. Facts pal..;)

Edited by Starman2006

8 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

From the Speedway Star.    It says Poole have got rid of Giles Hartwell and racesuits as cost-cutting measures.

It quotes Neil Middleditch saying this.  And to be honest I'm more inclined to believe that Neil Middleditch and the Speedway Star know what they're talking about more than you do.

Really the star has it wrong and i do not recall Neil saying that. Tell me, how much truth is there in the daily papers nowadays ? and you dont clearly know what your talking about.. DUH.. Walk on mate..

Edited by Starman2006

9 hours ago, Argos said:

Is Gordon Pairman still a Promoter at Poole, and is it correct he’s a Tax exile living in the I.O.M., the reason for the questions is would it not be cheaper to give him the boot.   

Gordon is still a promoter..

31 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Which ones are those mate, ive not said it, nothing is guranteed.. first they all have to stay sound and they all have to come to the party. Yes the team is packed with massive potential but we still have to do it on the track.One thing i will gurantee, the new boys will be getting plenty of laps in on P&P day. Both Neil and Chris can play a pivetable part in teaching the new lads how to ride the poole track properly..

If the new track is as good as we are all hoping for, then all 7 Poole riders will have to learn how to ride it.;):D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hyderd said:

If the new track is as good as we are all hoping for, then all 7 Poole riders will have to learn how to ride it.;):D

No Chris Brady josh and shanes will be fine, still the same shape just been a lot better and more consistant on the track. As i said, just needs titivating from time to time, and the four wheel blade putting round every week before prep. then you can do what you like with it..

Just had a look at the Polish Ekstraliga Squads. 1 Question, why are 2 poles in the Poole like up not in any of the Ekstraliga Squads. ????