British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I know if the Rules are right he already has 2 riders signed up for 2019. Who arent in the UK right now. 

Mate you know as well as i do, Matt works in advance, This team should be very good if they all stay sound, lets get this season out the way first, finishing in October !!

Edited by Starman2006

We should walk the league really shouldn't we guys. Even if we have to use R/R at some point it wouldn't make much of a difference due to the strength in depth we have. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Matt Ford Fan said:

We should walk the league really shouldn't we guys. Even if we have to use R/R at some point it wouldn't make much of a difference due to the strength in depth we have. 

But the old adage being, we must stay sound. the potential is there, but they have to put it down on the track..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

crap pathetic quote like last year :lol: 

• Like 2

Just now, geoff58 said:

crap pathetic quote like last year :lol: 

Not really many have said we are a cut above the rest. Only Leicester could spoil the party for us imo. Every other team is weak in a certain department.

Race jackets instead of team Kevlars personally I think the thing that set speedway apart from other motor sports was the race jacket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Will they be the same as the 69th anniversary bibs? Found only in third and fourth and covered in Swindon shale? :)

They’ll be spotless this year, unlike the Swindon ones!!..... :rofl:

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Said by the same 'Poole' fans every season. Hence why we have laughed so hard the last few seasons.  :lol:

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not really many have said we are a cut above the rest. Only Leicester could spoil the party for us imo. Every other team is weak in a certain department.

You are totally  Deluded play/offs a certainty but most Poole fans who have any nouse about them will know this year will be a long tough season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are totally  Deluded play/offs a certainty but most Poole fans who have any nouse about them will know this year will be a long tough season.

Think you;re wrong there Sidney,   Poole have this year assembled an exceptional side built on the back of 'out of date'  Averages.    If a team can  acquire 1 ringer on a low average they are doing well,  but to get 3 takes it to another level .    All the teams were built to a max of 42.5 ,   But had  Woryna,  Schpank and Sundstrom  been accredited with  upto date figures, their team strength would have been nearer  46 Pts. 

Many are missing the point here where the advantages compound the differences.    After the first set of figures ,  all the Poole riders, along with all the rest will be accredited with a new average,   so any replacements needed will be proportionate to the average of the missing rider.   so they will have better replacements whenever the need arise.

Every year we have this same problem ,  and every year they do nothing to stop it.     Its so annoying the BSPA cant see further than the end of their big noses....  

So sorry Sidney, I cant agree with your views.    The league will be a walk in the park  for Poole losing only but a few matches,    the only hope our sport has,  is  if  another team meets them on a bad day..        Some hope.,,. 

• Like 1

I've not seen a post from SCB about Poole and the ringers for ages, where is he ??

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Think you;re wrong there Sidney,   Poole have this year assembled an exceptional side built on the back of 'out of date'  Averages.    If a team can  acquire 1 ringer on a low average they are doing well,  but to get 3 takes it to another level .    All the teams were built to a max of 42.5 ,   But had  Woryna,  Schpank and Sundstrom  been accredited with  upto date figures, their team strength would have been nearer  46 Pts. 

Many are missing the point here where the advantages compound the differences.    After the first set of figures ,  all the Poole riders, along with all the rest will be accredited with a new average,   so any replacements needed will be proportionate to the average of the missing rider.   so they will have better replacements whenever the need arise.

Every year we have this same problem ,  and every year they do nothing to stop it.     Its so annoying the BSPA cant see further than the end of their big noses....  

So sorry Sidney, I cant agree with your views.    The league will be a walk in the park  for Poole losing only but a few matches,    the only hope our sport has,  is  if  another team meets them on a bad day..        Some hope.,,. 

I dont see that at all Webby, Holder will he ever get back to his best ? will he go to places like Wolves and Leicester and be relied on to score 11 plus like Doyle.Woryna a hell of a talent but can he score heavily away? Sundstrom is he any better than Hans? the Pole again will he get his set right for the away trips? alot of IFS. and but''s for me but i will say though if this side clicks it will be a force a really exciting team to watch but i dont fear them.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

I've not seen a post from SCB about Poole and the ringers for ages, where is he ??

Perhaps he cannot think of anything to make up. Lets face it, if Steve o can say its all above board then he will have a problem.thinking of anything...;)

Edited by Starman2006

34 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

eI dont see that at all Webby, Holder will he ever get back to his best ? will he go to places like Wolves and Leicester and be relied on to score 11 plus like Doyle.Woryna a hell of a talent but can he score heavily away? Sundstrom is he any better than Hans? the Pole again will he get his set right for the away trips? alot of IFS. and but''s for me but i will say though if this side clicks it will be a force a really exciting team to watch but i dont fear them.

Everyone in that side Sidney,  is capable of upping their average.  Brady, Josh and  Holder, all seasoned riders capable of winning heats for fun.   Linus, Woryna and Schpankiak?  are all capable of being heat leaders,  averaging 7 plus.  and James Shanes is far better than the 2.95 he was given.    I see then as runaway leaders . 

One I things for sure,    with the exception of Holder, ( so he says) they can all ride our track  with no problems .     A few years back I saw Sundstrom  come and score  17 pts making everyone else look silly..

1 hour ago, hyderd said:

I cannot recall the usual hype from S Shovler about this team either recently,  unless he has changed his name to Matt Ford Fan or poolebolton,  maybe he is concerned about the team lineup.