British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Everyone in that side Sidney,  is capable of upping their average.  Brady, Josh and  Holder, all seasoned riders capable of winning heats for fun.   Linus, Woryna and Schpankiak?  are all capable of being heat leaders,  averaging 7 plus.  and James Shanes is far better than the 2.95 he was given.    I see then as runaway leaders . 

One I things for sure,    with the exception of Holder, ( so he says) they can all ride our track  with no problems .     A few years back I saw Sundstrom  come and score  17 pts making everyone else look silly.

Brady Kurtz, is still young,hardly seasoned,if he won heats for fun, why is he not the Aussie champion. A good rider who will be a great rider, give him time.

Josh has been around a while now and I think he has reached his peak. Which is not winning heats for fun.

Holder still has it, but often doesn't show it.

Sundstrom showed great promise when he first came to these shores, has gone backward IMHO.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

Think you;re wrong there Sidney,   Poole have this year assembled an exceptional side built on the back of 'out of date'  Averages.    If a team can  acquire 1 ringer on a low average they are doing well,  but to get 3 takes it to another level .    All the teams were built to a max of 42.5 ,   But had  Woryna,  Schpank and Sundstrom  been accredited with  upto date figures, their team strength would have been nearer  46 Pts. 

Many are missing the point here where the advantages compound the differences.    After the first set of figures ,  all the Poole riders, along with all the rest will be accredited with a new average,   so any replacements needed will be proportionate to the average of the missing rider.   so they will have better replacements whenever the need arise.

Every year we have this same problem ,  and every year they do nothing to stop it.     Its so annoying the BSPA cant see further than the end of their big noses....  

So sorry Sidney, I cant agree with your views.    The league will be a walk in the park  for Poole losing only but a few matches,    the only hope our sport has,  is  if  another team meets them on a bad day..        Some hope.,,. 

very good post that g13,a few of us including a sponsor were talking speedway in the clubhouse of the mighty wimborne town fc recently and came to the conclusion that possibly the only situation that could derail this yrs excellent team was if either or both of the poles had to be replaced for whatever reason whilst still on their starting average 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Everyone in that side Sidney,  is capable of upping their average.  Brady, Josh and  Holder, all seasoned riders capable of winning heats for fun.   Linus, Woryna and Schpankiak?  are all capable of being heat leaders,  averaging 7 plus.  and James Shanes is far better than the 2.95 he was given.    I see then as runaway leaders . 

One I things for sure,    with the exception of Holder, ( so he says) they can all ride our track  with no problems .     A few years back I saw Sundstrom  come and score  17 pts making everyone else look silly..

If you look at that scenario then Belle Vue to me have less ifs / buts Bewley, Fricke ( can crack on) Tungate, Cook all can improve and if Drozdz  hits the ground running they will be a real force.Poole for me Webby are a team you would back more for the potential it has rather than being completely certain.Belle Vue are my favourites the Pole is the key he will love his home venue and Bewley and Fricke are both mega talented who can move up a level cant wait.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Brady Kurtz, is still young,hardly seasoned,if he won heats for fun, why is he not the Aussie champion. A good rider who will be a great rider, give him time.

Josh has been around a while now and I think he has reached his peak. Which is not winning heats for fun.

Holder still has it, but often doesn't show it.

Sundstrom showed great promise when he first came to these shores, has gone backward IMHO.

Almost right there mate. Brady will continue to improve, he's a slow burner. Josh will be a decent second string, Chris will top the averages, as ive said many times, a fit and focused Chris Holder will top the premiership standings and make a big hole in the GP series.Linus is very keen to be part of the poole set up, he WANTS, to ride for us, I personally think he is a good signing and will attain his average. Kasper could be a bit of class, he has a very good style, and is a confident lad. If Mateus stays clear of injury he could be a trump card, James will improve, the second night of speedway will do him the world of good.. But, like every team, as ive said, you have to stay sound and come to the party, If we do, this is potentially the best team we've had for quite a few years...

Edited by Starman2006

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Almost right there mate. Brady will continue to improve, he's a slow burner. Josh will be a decent second string, Chris will top the averages, as ive said many times, a fit and focused Chris Holder will top the premiership standings and make a big hole in the GP series.Linus is very keen to be part of the poole set up, he WANTS, to ride for us, I personally think he is a good signing and will attain his average. Kasper could be a bit of class, he has a very good style, and is a confident lad. If Mateus stays clear of injury he could be a trump card, James will improve, the second night of speedway will do him the world of good.. But, like every team, as ive said, you have to stay sound and come to the party, If we do, this is potentially the best team we've had for quite a few years...

That is a big ask mate of Chris for me he will be at least a point down on Doyley Doyle for me will hardly drop a point at home.Kurtz is a real talent he just needs to get more consistency i  still have him behind Fricke and on par with Morris at the moment but he should improve again Shanes i believe could improve to 4.5 at the least.

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Every year we have this same problem ,  and every year they do nothing to stop it.     Its so annoying the BSPA cant see further than the end of their big noses....  

The powers that be have been very efficient with the one over 8 and GP rider rule, so it shows they can do it, though their motives seem highly suspicious. 

Saying it’s within the rules doesn’t cut it in our “sport” anymore due to their fluid nature. 

If/when Poole are allowed a 20 point head start I would still see fans saying it’s ok due to the rules.

Its ironic that after years of rule breaking and dodgy deals, Ford is now feeling the pinch. You reap what you sow eh?

Shame he’s taking everyone down with him but they can’t say they weren’t warned. 

Matt Ford. Self confessed cheat. Copyright Ouch 2004. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

That is a big ask mate of Chris for me he will be at least a point down on Doyley Doyle for me will hardly drop a point at home.Kurtz is a real talent he just needs to get more consistency i  still have him behind Fricke and on par with Morris at the moment but he should improve again Shanes i believe could improve to 4.5 at the least.

Don’t get me wrong I like Fricke. 

But it has he really proved himself yet in the UK . He has been around for an extra year or 2 than Kurtz. 

Hasnt really nailed that number 1 or 5 position yet. 

Says a lot that Kurtz was signed ahead of him in Poland. Yes Fricke had a transfer fee but Kurtz was rated ahead of him. 

Kurtz is now rated higher than Morris and Fricke in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I dont think holder will reproduce his best days again either don't think he wil be no 1 either we shall see

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

I dont think holder will reproduce his best days again either don't think he wil be no 1 either we shall see

Everybody is entitled to there opinion mate, but as ive said a million times, he maybe 30, but a fit focused and issue free Chris Holder will do a lot better than many think...

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Don’t get me wrong I like Fricke. 

But it has he really proved himself yet in the UK . He has been around for an extra year or 2 than Kurtz. 

Hasnt really nailed that number 1 or 5 position yet. 

Says a lot that Kurtz was signed ahead of him in Poland. Yes Fricke had a transfer fee but Kurtz was rated ahead of him. 

Kurtz is now rated higher than Morris and Fricke in Europe. 

Fricke hasn't  'been around' 2 years more than Kurtz ? , and who says he's rated higher than Max in Europe ?

Poole supporters ? 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Everybody is entitled to there opinion mate, but as ive said a million times, he maybe 30, but a fit focused and issue free Chris Holder will do a lot better than many think...

So he should but it doesn't mean he will all Chris has done over the last couple of years has moaned about British speedway . If Chris average wasn't what it is I don't think for one minute he would be riding for us This season

Edited by ray c

10 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Fricke hasn't  'been around' 2 years more than Kurtz ? , and who says he's rated higher than Max in Europe ?

Poole supporters ? 

Just this team called Leszno who happen to be the best in the world. Pretty good stamp. 

Also Fricke has been in the Elite league/Premiership for 2 more years than Kurtz. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Just this team called Leszno who happen to be the best in the world. Pretty good stamp. 

Also Fricke has been in the Elite league/Premiership for 2 more years than Kurtz. 

does it really matter just enjoy you speedway what i say :)

• Like 1

Fricke has represented more clubs in Europe than Kurtz  (Rybnik , Rospiggarna)

Won Australian U21 title 4 times

World U21 champion 2016 .

I like Brady Kurtz, one of my favorite riders

but in my opinion Max is the better prospect   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

does it really matter just enjoy you speedway what i say :)

Always digging at Fricke , for some reason ???

• Like 1