British Speedway Forum

I see things are getting back to normal on the Poole thread didn't take long

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

I see the trolls are fishing tonight:wink:

Yep they certainly are mate. I have an opinion mate, if they dont like my opinion then they shouldnt respond on the thread.  i never see the old Hyde rd track but i hear it was a very good track, i also complimented Chris Morton  who should have gone right to the top as he was very capable,  but that fell on deaf ears as well. Just no pleasing some, or are they on here just to cause a mischief., sometimes makes you wonder.. some are quite responsive and will reason with you, some are just plain argumentative, i cannot be bothered with the hassle.

Edited by Starman2006

But surely you put an opinion on a public forum knowing that somebody at some point will probably challenge it? Especially when it goes against the grain so much.

If you can't be bothered with the hassle surely you wouldn't give that opinion in the first place :unsure:

• Thanks 1

have a rest starman,you really dont do poole speedway or the majority of poole supporters any favours.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, poole keith said:

have a rest starman,you really dont do poole speedway or the majority of poole supporters any favours.

Very harsh to be honest Keith, but everybody is entitled to  there own view Keith surely.???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

So looks like Glyn wants the job full time but Matt's not agreed to it,  is that down to not a good TV deal to....

Well it can't be much,other than money.He has been chosen/trusted to do the work.So ?

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well it can't be much,other than money.He has been chosen/trusted to do the work.So ?

Nothing to do with money I can assure you.

There are few complications, nothing to do with Glyn, that need sorting first.

Isn't John Hectors son employed by the stadium to maintain the track?

12 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Yep they certainly are mate. I have an opinion mate, if they dont like my opinion then they shouldnt respond on the thread.  i never see the old Hyde rd track but i hear it was a very good track, i also complimented Chris Morton  who should have gone right to the top as he was very capable,  but that fell on deaf ears as well. Just no pleasing some, or are they on here just to cause a mischief., sometimes makes you wonder.. some are quite responsive and will reason with you, some are just plain argumentative, i cannot be bothered with the hassle.

Yes , you do have an opinion , and you're entitled to it,

me responding to that opinion does not make me a troll , its called a forum people indulge in dialogue from time to time 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Exactly.      What we need in Britain is more big tracks like the NSS to compete with the Polish scene.

We've now got one which competes with the Polish tracks and is even better than quite a lot of them  (Though the NSS is some 35 metres shorter than the old Hyde Road, which was considered the best track in the world). 

Most supporters (even the majority of Poole supporters) recognise that the NSS is world class and far and away the best track in Britain.     As someone said, you've got to be stupid or jealous to say otherwise.

Agree that NSS is one of the best in Britain, Scunthorpe would IMO run it very close. Best track by far i still think a well prepared Bydgoszcz

14 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I couldnt disagree, some of the best tracks are in Poland, but what BV have got is room, as i said riders do not have to do it all on lap one. But although they may, get some decent racing, its no different to some of the other tracks. I mean, just as a small example, they bang on about certain individual meetings, well take the world cup final at Poole, Havvy v Rempala, you wont see to many of those, anywhere..  The 1981 world final at Wembley, Penhall V Knudsen and Penhall V Olsen, nobodys made a song and dance about that. People would que for miles to watch Mark Loram at Poole, weekly he would tear up opponants, Same as Kryztof Cegelski he was the same used to dance round riders, then you had Micheal Lee, and ive seen Chris Morton do the same and then theres poor Darcy, and Chris holder, the telepathic turbo twins i called them, they did the same,Somerset get some cracking racing, things do happen at other tracks, not just BV. but the way some talk you wouldnt think so..

Not 1 single person on this forum has ever said that the NSS is the only good track in the UK, the races you mention were indeed classics, raced on great tracks when stadiums had far more spectators in them generating more money which could and was used to keep the tracks in good racing condition.Somerset is and always has been a great track according to home fans and visiting fans, I have been once when the Rebels were riding against Sheffield about 4 or 5 years back. What a great meeting that was, the track was as others have said, and I went home, well actually I was in my touring caravan at a small caravan site almost opposite the stadium, with fond memories of the OTA.The same can be said about other tracks, Swindon,K Lynn (when prepared to the standard Lynn fans are use to) Coventry, Sheffield to name just a few. I've purposely left your beloved Poole to the end. The WTC final at Poole was fantastic entertainment, provided on a properly prepared good SAFE racing track, the same cannot be said about Pooles track of recent years Ask C Holder. Lets all hope that the recent work restores your track back to its former condition.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Isn't John Hectors son employed by the stadium to maintain the track?

No

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

But surely you put an opinion on a public forum knowing that somebody at some point will probably challenge it? Especially when it goes against the grain so much.

If you can't be bothered with the hassle surely you wouldn't give that opinion in the first place :unsure:

Exactly , he posts negative comments on BV track frequently , but if you reply you're a troll "making mischief "?

7 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Exactly , he posts negative comments on BV track frequently , but if you reply you're a troll "making mischief "?

I've not made it yet, but from tv and videos I've seen looks the perfect track. Wish we had it at Poole.

• Like 3