British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats good glyn, i assume you are Giyn speedflash ? and having seen the photo's and looked at it first hand having seen it myself, you done a great job, but my only fear is, and its not your fault i know, will 3 weeks be enough for it to bed in ? We have have significant snow and we now have rain. and when its not doing either we do not have a drying wind. The boys were told to stay off that area when sorting the airfences, to give it as much chance as posible.

Yes it is a worry.

On 09/03/2018 at 5:23 PM, sugarray said:

No Somerset haven't so quite ironic Doyley moaning

I'm assuming that is why he is moaning - and rightly so. In the top division at the very least it should be compulsory for team racesuits.

47 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I'm assuming that is why he is moaning - and rightly so. In the top division at the very least it should be compulsory for team racesuits.

I thought we had lost the ragamuffin tag but obviously not .don't think it's very professional like you said ?

10 hours ago, speedflash said:

Yes it is a worry.

Yeh i would agree Glyn. As i said its not your fault, having looked at the track you've done a good job, but that is also my fear..

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

I thought we had lost the ragamuffin tag but obviously not .don't think it's very professional like you said ?

Pros & cons with either I think:

1. Nothing worse than having 5 suited & your other riders 2 wearing colours of another teams.

2. Suits not good when both teams look identical.

3.  Suits not so good when identifying visiting riders - or even your own!

4.  Suits of the same team can look completely different when made by different manufacturers. 

5. Riders race numbers are often hard to see on race suits & often in different colours for the same team.

6. With no team suits this could give a riders a fantastic marketing opportunity i.e. Ray Wilson with Bostic - I still remember that after how many years?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

6. With no team suits this could give a riders a fantastic marketing opportunity i.e. Ray Wilson with Bostic - I still remember that after how many years?  

To be fair, that was bound to stick. :)

On 10/03/2018 at 5:55 AM, Trackerman48 said:

where is that from? Is breadon makeing shale now? Will you be doing track all season glyn? Hope so it needed someone who knows what there doing.

Its not from Breadon. I don't know if I will be doing the track all season. Matt has a few things to sort out first. But I would like the job.

3 hours ago, sugarray said:

I'm old school. I don't like team race suits.

I could just see United turning up next weekend with Rashford in a blue shirt, Lukaku in a red shirt and Sanchez in a pink one with yellow spots with Manchester United bibs on. It just reeks of absolute unprofessionalism and something else to paint speedway as a minor unprofessional sport.

• Like 3

Absolutely. Matching race jackets amongst a mish mash of different race suits has long since had its day and looks awful in team speedway.

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Pros & cons with either I think:

1. Nothing worse than having 5 suited & your other riders 2 wearing colours of another teams.

2. Suits not good when both teams look identical.

3.  Suits not so good when identifying visiting riders - or even your own!

4.  Suits of the same team can look completely different when made by different manufacturers. 

5. Riders race numbers are often hard to see on race suits & often in different colours for the same team.

It still baffles that people say they can't see numbers on riders backs. If you can't spot riders from bike covers, riding style or anything else surely that's what the helmet colours are for? 

The biggest flaw in your whole post is that you say with no team suits it creates a brilliant marketing opportunity... how about it could create a massive opportunity for a team sponsor? I think Ipswich embraced that last season and have benefitted massively.

Think people are missing the point that Ford spent 12k on the things last year. Not as much money in the sport. 

Maybe if other teams didn’t have racesuits they could actually sign some good riders. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Think people are missing the point that Ford spent 12k on the things last year. Not as much money in the sport. 

Maybe if other teams didn’t have racesuits they could actually sign some good riders. 

£12,000? He got ripped off then. A quick google search shows it could be done for between £4,750 and £5,500.

With a good marketing department and marketing drive, some companies with some excess cash would be more than tempted to cough up to have their names plastered on them. 

Edited by Najjer

23 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Exclusive.....Poole pioneering the way forward for all teams to be able to sign good riders.Scrap race suits.

Your first sentence was fair enough.The second,a bit childish ;)

• Like 3

The second sentence reeks of the usual Poole arrogance which up to now we haven't seen from poolebolton. Hopefully its a one off.

• Like 3