British Speedway Forum

Lambert's interview in the SS last week suggested that he may give British speedway a miss altogether?! If he does continue it might not be at KL unless Buster guarantees to build a stronger team. Looks like Newcastle will miss out.

ps. back to Poole 2018 we could be close to a further announcement of the next rider - maybe by the end of the month?!

Edited by Skidder1

Lambert's interview in the SS last week suggested that he may give British speedway a miss altogether?! If he does continue it might not be at KL unless Buster guarantees to build a stronger team. Looks like Newcastle will miss out.

ps. back to Poole 2018 we could be close to a further announcement of the next rider - maybe by the end of the month?!

Thanks Skidder

Your knowledge & overhearing things from inside the Poole camp is always appreciated.

Keep the snippets of info and potential rumours coming as we need things to keep our minds going on Poole Speedway for 2018 as those long cold nights draw ever closer ;-)

My assumption (right or wrong) is Ellis but view that as one of the two Brits the BSPA will probably insist on, and still at 21 (22 in March 2018) he is one of our developing Brits. The kind of rider who would also fill the roll of a strong reserve if/when Woryna drifts our of that berth at probably the first GSA at end of May time ??.

It would make it probably Woryna/Ellis/Kurtz/Holder Jr look quite good on the improving young rider front. Exciting to watch and plenty of food for thought on who the other 3 might be. All again dependent upon what the points limit is. Sure do hope they go for 45 points.

Ellis.

Hopefully Shanes will be back.

Thanks Skidder

Your knowledge & overhearing things from inside the Poole camp is always appreciated.

Keep the snippets of info and potential rumours coming as we need things to keep our minds going on Poole Speedway for 2018 as those long cold nights draw ever closer ;-)

My assumption (right or wrong) is Ellis but view that as one of the two Brits the BSPA will probably insist on, and still at 21 (22 in March 2018) he is one of our developing Brits. The kind of rider who would also fill the roll of a strong reserve if/when Woryna drifts our of that berth at probably the first GSA at end of May time ??.

It would make it probably Woryna/Ellis/Kurtz/Holder Jr look quite good on the improving young rider front. Exciting to watch and plenty of food for thought on who the other 3 might be. All again dependent upon what the points limit is. Sure do hope they go for 45 points.

If there are to be either 10,11 or 12 teams in the top league as is being rumoured for next year, then I can't see the points limit being any higher than 42!

If there are to be either 10,11 or 12 teams in the top league as is being rumoured for next year, then I can't see the points limit being any higher than 42!

Even 42 is a bit optimistic. This year it was, in real terms, about 37.

If the top riders do not return from Europe I can see the limit being lower than 42, so those clubs signing riders now need to just be a little careful.

None of the Holders will be at Poole next season

I just feel jack holder will not be at poole next season may be wrong of coarse

I just feel jack holder will not be at poole next season may be wrong of coarse

So some (or a few) think no Holders will be back next season.

I would hope Jack is given at least another season (if he agrees to ride in UK), as I think would be crazy not to have such a potential talent in the team.

So playing the 42 points limit, how about the flwg (in no particular order. Also taking new GSA came out today.

B Kurtz 8.08

Ellis 5.56

Woryna 4.65

Shanes 2.95

Holder 5.82

Total 27.06

Leaves 14.94 points.

Now depending on what the Poles do for 2018, and if they relax rules a little, and we got to fixed nights in Uk plus maybe have a 10/12 team league.

You could get Milik at 5.67 - Janowski (who probably wont be World Champ this year) 8.97 = 14.64 combined. Or Holder Snr 7.16. Hans Andersen on 7.75 is a fair av but other than say with Milik would leave limited option on a true number 1.

Of course still have Kyle Newman (now 4.86) who if you replaced Shanes with would drop the balance to 13.03.

Of course this is just opinion and playing the 42 point limit game.

Now if its 45 it opens up much better options on H/L. We shall see.

Of course a lot will also depend on IF any of the top guys want to come to UK next season.

I hope Shanes will be back, he has had a terrific season, a real battler and has bags of potential.

i would hope so to love watching james go round excitting to watch

Thanks Skidder

Yes I hate it when people like Skidder post interesting thoughts and opinions or give us things to chat about. I'd much prefer it if he's spend his time being arrogant and making abusive remarks, screaming his opinion on every page of the forum like Gavan.

What this forum needs is less people like Skidder and more people like Gavan. Then we could just have one massive season long argument in which we all try to show off who has the biggest penis and belittle whomever doesn't agree with us!

• Like 1

Yes I hate it when people like Skidder post interesting thoughts and opinions or give us things to chat about. I'd much prefer it if he's spend his time being arrogant and making abusive remarks, screaming his opinion on every page of the forum like Gavan.

What this forum needs is less people like Skidder and more people like Gavan. Then we could just have one massive season long argument in which we all try to show off who has the biggest penis and belittle whomever doesn't agree with us!

Sometimes I think. WHY??? did I join the BSF nearly one year ago having viewed it online for a few months prior.

For sure it seems to be heavily populated by idiots who seem to have nothing better to do all day/night but rip the backside out of each other to the degree it even gets nasty.

Appreciate some of it is light hearted ;-) but there are too many pages of absolute drivel from people who have no real interest in what the topic is about rather than contributing positively or for that matter negatively to an opinion relative to the topic.

I think I have posted some thought provoking posts on the Poole team for both this year and also next year, yet a lot seem to want to have no input or sensible opinion on what the topic is.

I welcome others ideas on whether they agree/disagree but at least plenty should post something that is positive to the forum topic which at least cultivates interest in the subject. This Topic is Poole 2018 but too many of the usual suspects contribute "Jack S**t" to the topic itself wanting to participate in meaningless B.S which most of us sensible contributors really don't want to see or get involved in.

All I say as a contributor is on a Poole 2018 topic, lets keep the contributions to exactly that. Agree or disagree with my ideas of a team for 2018 and I certainly welcome others ideas on who they would like or maybe even expect to see in 2018.

As for the non related crap and back biting/sarcasm and pure nastiness I would ask them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine maybe on some other topic more suited to their negative contributions.

Apologies to those who at least contribute posts of interest incl the likes of Gavan who at least voices opinion even as a non Poole Supporter. At least a good chunk of what he says in relation to riders etc makes sense, even if I don't always agree with all of them.

There are times when I think, what's the point. I really want to keep contributing to a topic that mean something to me. That may incl some of the Southern Clubs Prem Clubssuch as Rye House/Somerset and Swindon if I have something interesting (imo) to contribute which won't be often as my main team interest is Poole.

I enjoy the Poole Topics as I like Poole and want to see and contribute positive or sensible opinions and share with others likewise.

As for all the other B.S. Please - Park it elsewhere ;-)

• Like 1

Now depending on what the Poles do for 2018, and if they relax rules a little, and we got to fixed nights in Uk plus maybe have a 10/12 team league.

You don't want much, do you? ;)