British Speedway Forum

39 minutes ago, poole keith said:

plenty of surface water on the track this morning,hardly surprising!2nd bend very very wet,the exit under standing water

Was it high tide :D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Najjer said:

£12,000? He got ripped off then. A quick google search shows it could be done for between £4,750 and £5,500.

With a good marketing department and marketing drive, some companies with some excess cash would be more than tempted to cough up to have their names plastered on them. 

£12000 I would assume was not 7 riders, but plus others who replaced riders during the season. When it comes to Kevlar suits there are some good quality and some very poor quality ones. A good quality one with leather logos sewn on rather than printed on suit will cost over £1000 + vat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

plenty of surface water on the track this morning,hardly surprising!2nd bend very very wet,the exit under standing water

Well, there you go mate.

3 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Do you not all think team race suits allow for team sponsors to be clearly identified in a certain spot. It's also far more professional from a TV stand point. Imagine on the TV - Swindon vs Poole - one team in race suits, one not. Won't look good IMO - Before some say, In Sweden not all teams do, I don't like it there either......

I'm not trying to Poole bash, it's just an opinion. I will say the same to any side who don't use team Kevlar's.

Granted, but the riders will have Kevlars under the bibs, which they will have sponsors logo's.

55 minutes ago, DWP said:

£12000 I would assume was not 7 riders, but plus others who replaced riders during the season. When it comes to Kevlar suits there are some good quality and some very poor quality ones. A good quality one with leather logos sewn on rather than printed on suit will cost over £1000 + vat 

Times 2..

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Times 2..

typical pie-rats paying over the odds whether its riders or race suits :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Times 2..

I’ve never known any team supply a rider with 2 kevlar suits in a season. If the suit got damaged would have repaired/sewn patches etc. or during a meeting gaffa tape does the job. 

Re logos on Kevlars, in my experience team send rider a template design of the suit. Official team sponsors logos are in place on suit or the positions are marked as reserved for team sponsor logos. Riders then can place personal sponsor logos in the unreserved spots. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DWP said:

I’ve never known any team supply a rider with 2 kevlar suits in a season. If the suit got damaged would have repaired/sewn patches etc. or during a meeting gaffa tape does the job. 

Re logos on Kevlars, in my experience team send rider a template design of the suit. Official team sponsors logos are in place on suit or the positions are marked as reserved for team sponsor logos. Riders then can place personal sponsor logos in the unreserved spots. 

I couldn't agree more.

57 minutes ago, DWP said:

Problem is mate, if you have 2 meetings in a week which can be the case unless you  can sew you need a spare set, and if you ask any rider they will tell you they have at least 2 sets of Kevlars decked out with the same sponsorship logo's.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Times 2..

Just had conversation with a 2016 Poole rider. Each rider was supplied with ONE set of Club kevlars. As he said “ why would I need 2 sets” 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DWP said:

Just had conversation with a 2016 Poole rider. Each rider was supplied with ONE set of Club kevlars. As he said “ why would I need 2 sets” 

As ive said.. But know doubt you wont tell us who this "rider" i doubt you will tell us..

Edited by Starman2006

43 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I couldn't agree more.

So just for clarification on this Poole thread, are Somerset having racesuits or not, Naijer??

Its Poole's 70th Anniversary year so a 70th Anniversary race bib with main sponsors front and back is a sensible option for this season. Many of Poole's sponsors also do individual deals with riders so expect rider kevlars to be suitably adorned also.

4 minutes ago, DWP said:

pay no attention to the Poole rider, you should be listening to Starman, he knows best!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

pay no attention to the Poole rider, you should be listening to Starman, he knows best!

Thank you  Steve ..;)

the issue i've noticed the last couple of years mainly is that more and more riders are using the neck brace, so whether it's kevlars or race jackets the sponsors are generally covered anyway, as well as team names in some cases.

the straps for these braces go over the racejacket/kevlar and it looks pretty nasty so a redesign of where sponsors and team logos go is something that needs looking at