Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Hadn't they already signed Kurtz when the 1 over 8 rule was agreed

Brady's deal was done before he went back to Australia last season!!  Dudek was a definite target last season, but I seriously doubt whether he could be comfortably afforded this year.

Poole, like most clubs I presume, run to an annual budget which will be based on expected achievements, crowd numbers, sponsorship etc.  Its no secret that Poole have had 2 successive seasons of 'under-achievement' by their own high performance standards - made even worse by injuries and dramatic under performing by certain riders!!

That said, there has clearly been an unexpected financial strain on the club's budget which MF is attempting to address for the coming season and is cutting his cloth in selected areas accordingly.

Fortunately sponsorship and advertising income is still very buoyant, whilst turnstile income will no doubt be swelled when the team are successful again - eg season ticket sales have already been reported as being the best for 10 years!!  An improved customer experience has been promised with track work and grandstand seating improvements already done and other racenight/presentation tweaks underway.

Personally I can't wait for the team fixtures to begin on Good Friday. Bring it on.:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Brady's deal was done before he went back to Australia last season!!  Dudek was a definite target last season, but I seriously doubt whether he could be comfortably afforded this year.

Poole, like most clubs I presume, run to an annual budget which will be based on expected achievements, crowd numbers, sponsorship etc.  Its no secret that Poole have had 2 successive seasons of 'under-achievement' by their own high performance standards - made even worse by injuries and dramatic under performing by certain riders!!

That said, there has clearly been an unexpected financial strain on the club's budget which MF is attempting to address for the coming season and is cutting his cloth in selected areas accordingly.

Fortunately sponsorship and advertising income is still very buoyant, whilst turnstile income will no doubt be swelled when the team are successful again - eg season ticket sales have already been reported as being the best for 10 years!!  An improved customer experience has been promised with track work and grandstand seating improvements already done and other racenight/presentation tweaks underway.

Personally I can't wait for the team fixtures to begin on Good Friday. Bring it on.:D

Also not helped that Poole never got a single penny from the readypower deal. They got the assets but not a single penny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Brady's deal was done before he went back to Australia last season!!  Dudek was a definite target last season, but I seriously doubt whether he could be comfortably afforded this year.

Poole, like most clubs I presume, run to an annual budget which will be based on expected achievements, crowd numbers, sponsorship etc.  Its no secret that Poole have had 2 successive seasons of 'under-achievement' by their own high performance standards - made even worse by injuries and dramatic under performing by certain riders!!

That said, there has clearly been an unexpected financial strain on the club's budget which MF is attempting to address for the coming season and is cutting his cloth in selected areas accordingly.

Fortunately sponsorship and advertising income is still very buoyant, whilst turnstile income will no doubt be swelled when the team are successful again - eg season ticket sales have already been reported as being the best for 10 years!!  An improved customer experience has been promised with track work and grandstand seating improvements already done and other racenight/presentation tweaks underway.

Personally I can't wait for the team fixtures to begin on Good Friday. Bring it on.:D

Google translation:-

Our disloyal customer fan base that turned their back on us during the last two years when we were getting tubbed think we have a team capable of winning the league.

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Also not helped that Poole never got a single penny from the readypower deal. They got the assets but not a single penny. 

Did you get to use any of the assets during the period of the Frost/Fraud axis? If you did, and I suspect there a number of riders that would fall in to that equation, then surely no loan fee would have been applicable.

Conversely, if an asset was loaned to another team would the Pirates not have benefited?

That's probably a little more than 'not a single penny'?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know your having a bit of a dig blueboy but your reply to bolton  probably  has some accuracy,i dont think last yrs bad attendances were solely down to a losing team,but any team, in any sport suffers when theyre losing.Poole had a golden spell when firstly holder/ward then magic were such fantastic entertainment the atmosphere they generated among the fans was unreal,the last few yrs its been impossible to repeat that with the riders on show and for the casual fan maybe the appeal was lost a little.Pleasing indicator that season tkt sales are up though wont increase revenue because those people would have been there anyway,paying at the gate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Matts not short of money. 

 

He he has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money.

 

Pity the 8 point rule scppered that. Don’t care which team you support dudek in the league would have been awesome.!

not this again

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hyderd said:

We all know how ruthless M F is when it comes to choosing who rides for his Poole team. If as you say "He has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money." Then why would he choose a none GP rider,over the world No 2 who would put more bums on seats for his No 1 rider.

CORRECT !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anybody know who is practicing this afternoon? can hear at least one bike on the track

Edited by simon.c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Matts not short of money. 

 

He he has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money.

 

Pity the 8 point rule scppered that. Don’t care which team you support dudek in the league would have been awesome.!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

AND..................................wake up pal

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simon.c said:

Anybody know who is practicing this afternoon? can hear at least one bike on the track

Josh, Chris, Brady and James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Matts not short of money. 

 

He he has a 100K deal sorted for Dudek. I promise it’s not money.

 

Pity the 8 point rule scppered that. Don’t care which team you support dudek in the league would have been awesome.!

Are you on the weed ?? total nonsense would Matt need to remortgage i think so let's get real.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many Poole fans are looking forward to a good season ? I am !!  ;)  :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

How many Poole fans are looking forward to a good season ? I am !!  ;)  :rolleyes:

I'm just looking forward to going to speedway win or lose hopefully winning !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Brady's deal was done before he went back to Australia last season!!  Dudek was a definite target last season, but I seriously doubt whether he could be comfortably afforded this year.

Poole, like most clubs I presume, run to an annual budget which will be based on expected achievements, crowd numbers, sponsorship etc.  Its no secret that Poole have had 2 successive seasons of 'under-achievement' by their own high performance standards - made even worse by injuries and dramatic under performing by certain riders!!

That said, there has clearly been an unexpected financial strain on the club's budget which MF is attempting to address for the coming season and is cutting his cloth in selected areas accordingly.

Fortunately sponsorship and advertising income is still very buoyant, whilst turnstile income will no doubt be swelled when the team are successful again - eg season ticket sales have already been reported as being the best for 10 years!!  An improved customer experience has been promised with track work and grandstand seating improvements already done and other racenight/presentation tweaks underway.

Personally I can't wait for the team fixtures to begin on Good Friday. Bring it on.:D

Season ticket sales are always reported as good, when was the last time you read of a club report that said ST sales were awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the track looks really smooth! 

Holder really happy with it!!! 

 

Just had a chat with Shanes and he said that you don’t fall in the hole on turn 1 anymore. Said it’s bloody fast now and can carry more speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Well the track looks really smooth! 

Holder really happy with it!!! 

 

Just had a chat with Shanes and he said that you don’t fall in the hole on turn 1 anymore. Said it’s bloody fast now and can carry more speed. 

Mate, i had a long chat with Glyn today, and im very impressed with what he's trying to do, he explained to me what he's done on turns 1-2, and it makes perfect sence, im not going to give away any trade secrects, but suffice to say, because of this bad weather we have had, it might take 2-3 meetings to get it perfect. and it will be.. Yes it did cut up a biit but that was to be expected with the weather we have had. We will  not lose any home advantage because of it...
He also agreed with me, you dont need the volume of dirt on 3-4, especially turn 4 where riders were straightening up last year, he's also altured the blade on the tractor and wants to bring in a wonder wheel, i am not a great fan of those, but again he explained to me what it will do for our track. He is also is well aware of the effects the sea tides and table have on the track, he will learn the track set up fast. He talks to Chris who will leaise with the rest of the boys, he has already familierised himself with the rakers and asked them what they do,during and after the meeting, He's very good and very professional.  The riders were very happy and Chris was very keen, he was first out, got in plenty of laps and had a spring in his step, as you say, james was happy, i also explained to him what Glyn had done, he raised his eyebrows, I expect Brady to improve again Josh was just testing.Its a confidence thing mate, good smooth track breds confidence, as i said, we will not lose any home advantage. I fully expect the new boys to get in plenty of laps next friday, weather permitting. Matt and Neil were happy. So far so good,

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy