British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Much prefer Jack Holder on a 5.82 tbh. I think he'll be a better rider than Chris and Doyle and Garry will sort out his attitude. I doubt anyone will do that with Chris. 

No, i dont think he will be that good. But he should turn out a useful rider. If he stays sound.

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Most top tier teams have cancelled meetings at whim. 

Only one has ever been punished. 

Go figure. 

LOL

I figure that if you fake a track problem because you've got riders missing then you deserve all you get, especially if you do it so poorly. But then competence was never high on the agenda for the Chuckle Brothers in charge at the time was it?

• Like 1

I agree with you and that’s why it constantly baffles me that other teams get away with it. 

It doesn’t really, I know full well why The Aces got punished again. 

Other teams 'get away with it' because they aren't daft enough to get caught red handed.

16 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Starman and myself are talking sense.....

Didn’t see that one coming :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

No, i dont think he will be that good. But he should turn out a useful rider. If he stays sound.

I personally believe he can put on at least a point and a half on his average this season tbh. Just needs to keep his attitude in check. 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Other teams 'get away with it' because they aren't daft enough to get caught red handed.

I understand what you mean and I criticised our management at the time.  On the other hand nobody guessed that the Poole meeting was cancelled so that it couldn't adversely affect the intended team changes. Well to be exact, apparently nobody in authority did,  the rest of us had no difficulty catching them out red handed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rebelwonderkid said:

I personally believe he can put on at least a point and a half on his average this season tbh. Just needs to keep his attitude in check. 

Yes he can quite right. A fit and focused Chris Holder can do an awful lot better and still shake up the GP series, even at his age. I mean, look at Greg.

5 hours ago, ouch said:

Most top tier teams have cancelled meetings at whim. 

Only one has ever been punished. 

Go figure. 

LOL

yes b/vue hosepipe gate :lol:

20 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Why should it? Press and practice is important and vital for ALL teams.

Again why? So it's okay to penalise a team that can't practise because of the weather when others have??

Matt Ford has agreed to it so there is really nothing make an issue of.

I see that Shovlar has his wooden spoon out, it's quite funny tho. 

Because its on the same day as a re arranged P&P. surely you are not allowed to do the. The BSPA must step in. Surely Wolves should be punished for this.

Edited by Starman2006

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The 7-

The 70th anniversary meeting has been cancelled? Really? Better put it out to everyone then, though I can’t find it on the Poole website.

Steve Arthurs post was tongue in cheek mate, in reply to Stevebrums post. Surely that is not right, you cannot postpone a league meeting in place of a P&P day. Thats not right.

I really rate Jack Holder as a rider and i think he can be a great signing for Somerset last year was a learning curve for him and i believe he can kick on now and average over 7 this year.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

I really rate Jack Holder as a rider and i think he can be a great signing for Somerset last year was a learning curve for him and i believe he can kick on now and average over 7 this year.

Jack has the POTENTIAL, to be a good rider but like Kyle Newman, he has to stay clear of injuries, thats what stopped Kyles progression.

Poole the team that never do anything wrong. It's only the other league members that do. Seems to make sense to me to delay the Wolves/Poole meeting due the present conditions of the track & Wolves not being able to run the P & P day. Imagine if Wolves hadn't done it & Poole got turned over. There would be furore from the old blue tints. Why should we have to ride on a sub standard track? Everybody knows Holder's love of wet tracks.

1 minute ago, DunRobin said:

Poole the team that never do anything wrong. It's only the other league members that do. Seems to make sense to me to delay the Wolves/Poole meeting due the present conditions of the track & Wolves not being able to run the P & P day. Imagine if Wolves hadn't done it & Poole got turned over. There would be furore from the old blue tints. Why should we have to ride on a sub standard track? Everybody knows Holder's love of wet tracks.

Wolves have changed there P&P day to the same day as the meeting, and posponed the meeting, they cannot do that. Nothing to do with the track nor conditions. Im sure you lot wouldnt complain if they did the same to you ???

Edited by Starman2006