British Speedway Forum

. Monday Thursday Buster confirmed on Wednesday at Lynn. I think the FIM or someone is now validating that and then we will be good to go.

Vetlanda have already stated they will have to get rid of the GP riders.

Swedish Pirates= NKI will be back in the UK lives here and no gp next year.

Can't see Dudek, Emil, Zmarlik over here. But the rest have all stated interest.

We still haven't found out the rider who Matt offered biggest contact in Poole history to replace KK. Could have been Dudek or magic. We don't know

Monday/Thursday Buster confirmed was being talked about!!! Until that's confirmed, the number of SGBP teams cannot be verified nor can the points limit. Hopefully the pre-AGM meeting will decide and it'll be leaked before the November dates!!? ;-)

Maybe someone can help me here.

I made a comment re the BSPA annual meeting on a post a while back and mentioned Matt Ford was not in the annual group photo last Nov. A poster commented that he doesn't usually attend.

IF that comment is correct then I question why arguably the most influential Promoter/owner of the modern era doesn't, as do they not require votes to get through things like points limits etc ?? If the Conference meeting discusses and ten decides to change something on the draft and he is not there then how can he influence what his feelings/thoughts are.

I could be wrong and the comment made earlier was not a serious one. I know he hasn't always seen eye to eye with some of the others on team building limits etc, but would appreciate any comments from anyone in the know how Matt gets around that if he doesn't attend.

Maybe someone can help me here.

I made a comment re the BSPA annual meeting on a post a while back and mentioned Matt Ford was not in the annual group photo last Nov. A poster commented that he doesn't usually attend.

IF that comment is correct then I question why arguably the most influential Promoter/owner of the modern era doesn't, as do they not require votes to get through things like points limits etc ?? If the Conference meeting discusses and ten decides to change something on the draft and he is not there then how can he influence what his feelings/thoughts are.

I could be wrong and the comment made earlier was not a serious one. I know he hasn't always seen eye to eye with some of the others on team building limits etc, but would appreciate any comments from anyone in the know how Matt gets around that if he doesn't attend.

Matt sends a representative in his absence.

Edited by Starman2006

Matt sends a representative in his absence.

Wow its not too dislike Football then where you have an agent to represent your interests.

Bet the 1/2 days of that meeting Matts mobile must be pretty hot then with all that goes on in the meeting via his representative ;-)

Matt does have CO-promoters you know!!

Yes appreciate that Skidder.

Just thought that as arguably the biggest voice in Speedway Promotion in the modern era he might want to be there.

But I am no expert on these things and I am sure that he has close contact with his CO - Promoter/s during those important meetings when it comes to things like vote casting etc.

Thanks for clarifying.

I haver never understood why the main man does not go to the agm

Could it be personality clashes with some of the other Promoters and Chapman ???

We all know Matts forward thinking ideas on the sport and points limits etc have not always been matched by the have nots of the Prem.

I could be wrong but perhaps that has a bearing on it. Either that or Matt too busy unearthing the next big signing for Poole ;-)

• Like 2

. Monday Thursday Buster confirmed on Wednesday at Lynn. I think the FIM or someone is now validating that and then we will be good to go.

Vetlanda have already stated they will have to get rid of the GP riders.

Swedish Pirates= NKI will be back in the UK lives here and no gp next year.

Can't see Dudek, Emil, Zmarlik over here. But the rest have all stated interest.

We still haven't found out the rider who Matt offered biggest contact in Poole history to replace KK. Could have been Dudek or magic. We don't know

Magic

Magic

He said yes from my understanding but Wroclaw wanted big money if he got injured. That's a fair stance from then considering they are in a final. And we also made it to the playoffs. Magic would have been on some serious money over here!

Edited by poolebolton

Even 42 is a bit optimistic. This year it was, in real terms, about 37.

But the same riders will now be averaging around 41. So if 37 again it would mean a further weakening of approx 10%
  • Like 1

Could it be personality clashes with some of the other Promoters and Chapman ???

We all know Matts forward thinking ideas on the sport and points limits etc have not always been matched by the have nots of the Prem.

I could be wrong but perhaps that has a bearing on it. Either that or Matt too busy unearthing the next big signing for Poole ;-)

i know i will be criticized for saying this but i think keith chapman is trying to bring speedway into the 21st century this is only his 1st year as chairman hopefully next year we could see a more organized league?
  • Like 1

i know i will be criticized for saying this but i think keith chapman is trying to bring speedway into the 21st century this is only his 1st year as chairman hopefully next year we could see a more organized league?

We will see. At least the averages dont need to be buggered about with.

Wow its not too dislike Football then where you have an agent to represent your interests.

Bet the 1/2 days of that meeting Matts mobile must be pretty hot then with all that goes on in the meeting via his representative ;-)

Yes appreciate that Skidder.

Just thought that as arguably the biggest voice in Speedway Promotion in the modern era he might want to be there.

But I am no expert on these things and I am sure that he has close contact with his CO - Promoter/s during those important meetings when it comes to things like vote casting etc.

Thanks for clarifying.

Having someone like Gordon Pairman as a co-promoter (who also serves on the SCB and has lots of speedway experience at several clubs) is a real plus. Don't forget there are BSPA meetings every month or so throughout the season so its not all about the AGM.

If I was in Matt's shoes I would question whether I would want to sit in a room listening to some of the same old 'stick in the mud' attitudes!! :wink::wink:

• Like 1

But the same riders will now be averaging around 41. So if 37 again it would mean a further weakening of approx 10%

I'm fully aware of that. I merely pointed out that is optimistic to expect a 42 limit - particularly after the chairman of the BSPA's own efforts to single handedly weaken the product in his own neck of the woods.

• Like 2

If as stated on here that M Ford doesn't attend the AGM then how the heck can he criticise any outcome voted by the committee.

He seems to behave like a barrack room lawyer when it comes to these things and likes to sound off when things dont work in his favour.