British Speedway Forum

Good to see the track looking back in great shape. 

A little overdue but better late than never.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldRacer said:

Not a very reliable source.  Even when the subject is Chris Holder!

Kids will say anything for a Dairylea

28 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Except by actual definition. 

We are talking here about how the BSPA define a Grand Prix rider for the purposes of determining their assessed average. Not how the FIM, BSI or anyone else might define It. There is nothing to stop the BSPA interpreting the term in a way which doesn't make the sport in this country look ridiculous. 

It is logical and sensible to argue that a rider who was eligible to ride in the GP and did ride in the majority of GP's, albeit by virtue of qualifying for a reserve berth and who finished higher than riders who qualified as one of the original 15 starters, should be given an assessed average no lower than those who finished below him in the rankings. 

If Kildemand had ridden in every GP and finished higher than say Zagar it would be totally illogical to assess Zagar, who has a more recent UK average,  at 9 but Kildemand on a lesser average. 

42 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Not necessarily. For example Jamion Lidsey couldn’t get a visa here but is able to ride in Poland, same scanario with the American who couldn’t get one for Edinburgh. Has signed in Poland. 

Being a Australian  U21 champion is that not anough to get a visa now? what  is the criteria  is it what you do in your National Championships that matters !! . Jordan  Stewart aged 24  got  one or does he have English heritage a shame really as Lidsey will be a great signing for somebody.

16 minutes ago, stewmac said:

UK speedway's loss may well prove to be Poland's gain with Luke Becker.

I watched him at Auburn and he looked fast.  Got some learning to do, especially on larger tracks, but he has potential.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Being a Australian  U21 champion is that not anough to get a visa now? what  is the criteria  is it what you do in your National Championships that matters !! . Jordan  Stewart aged 24  got  one or does he have English heritage a shame really as Lidsey will be a great signing for somebody.

He has already stayed in the Poole area and knows which club he WANTS to ride for!

14 minutes ago, BobC said:

He has already stayed in the Poole area and knows which club he WANTS to ride for!

Fair play to your club for that,   Lidsey and in a couple of years time Jedd List will be pushing on with there careers in Europe.

19 minutes ago, BobC said:

Yeah he’s massive Leigh Adams fan as is from Mildura & raced against Dec, wants to follow in his footsteps, Leszno (signed for) & Swindon. We have a very good relationship with Leszno through a few people at Swindon. 

Edited by hyabb17

Brady had a nasty fall at the end. Doing a wheelie (unintentionally or not I dont know) down the home straight and rear wheel went all over and he came off. 

Ok lets get into this. Everybody had a good practice, all the new boys did plenty of laps, and once they tinkered with the set ups they were all going well, they were all happy with the track.  Chris has to do what he has to do, and nobody should look to deeply into it. He's Poole, and wants to be here.  Everything is set, fridays meeting should go ahead. Hopefully Brady will be ok after his little tumble. When we start the league campaign you can gurrantee the boys and Matt and Neil will not be complacent.
I have to thank everybody who came up shook my hand and asked after my well being to night it was very very humbling, as i told everybody, im progressing slowly  although i am still a little apprehensive and will be doing everything by the book and it will be the same for a while untill i know the hole where the bone was put back has healed.  The big MRI scan i had last week came back CLEAR, there was a little bit of a stewards, as i filled the check list in and put no every answer, one was do i have and metal in my body, the Radiographer had the forsight to ring Soton Neuro due to the nature of my op, they confirmed to him i had METAL pins holding the bone together on my skull. They did a CT scan first to confim  the metal was MRI friendly, which they were, as many people have metal rods and splints put in there bodys, so it has to be MRI friendly, that is a massive relief that it came back clear, confirmed by my GP who had the results and the scan in front of him. Now it has to be worked out what they want to do with the fluid on the right side of my face, they will either put a shunt in to drain it or let it drain of its own accord, i will take the advice of my Surgeon when i see him in April, but i would prefere the latter. I was so pleased and greatful to be there tonight knowing things could have been so different,  Im determined to keep going forward, and looking towards October !! I also want to thank Mr X for running me home tonight, much appreciated.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well done Steve, great footage. Im  sure Speedway-portal will also have there's up on our home site very soon.

• Like 1

Am I reading it right that Kildemand is a temporary replacement for Holder????

How on earth is that legal or even possible. 

Kildemand is by any definition a GP rider from 2017 by the amount of GP's he appeared in and all this nonsense that he was a reserve is total bull.

He is an assessed 9 like Woffy, Piotr and Zagar no question. He therefore cannot replace a rider on a 7. 

Anything else is a total disgrace if this is allowed to happen. How many ringers are Poole trying to assemble??

Huge embarrassment to the sport if this is sanctioned.:angry:

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

We are talking here about how the BSPA define a Grand Prix rider for the purposes of determining their assessed average. Not how the FIM, BSI or anyone else might define It. There is nothing to stop the BSPA interpreting the term in a way which doesn't make the sport in this country look ridiculous. 

It is logical and sensible to argue that a rider who was eligible to ride in the GP and did ride in the majority of GP's, albeit by virtue of qualifying for a reserve berth and who finished higher than riders who qualified as one of the original 15 starters, should be given an assessed average no lower than those who finished below him in the rankings. 

If Kildemand had ridden in every GP and finished higher than say Zagar it would be totally illogical to assess Zagar, who has a more recent UK average,  at 9 but Kildemand on a lesser average. 

To be fair, it's actually not logical or sensible to consider him a GP rider. The only truly logical argument would be that the 15 qualified riders are considered GP riders and that anybody else is not considered a GP rider. It's only illogical when you start creating your own criteria as to how well or how often a substitute or wildcard has performed in order to be considered a GP rider.

The rules need to be straight forward. GP riders are GP riders. If we're going to start changing what we consider to be GP riders based on differing opinions as to who is performing at what level then we might as well throw away the rule book completely and just make up everyone's averages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Those bibs look awful! So unprofessional. Will be embarrassing to see that on TV.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Well done Steve, great footage. Im  sure Speedway-portal will also have there's up on our home site very soon.

Thanks Starman I couldn't be there today as I had a previous engagement prior to getting the track job. Looks like it held up well I will be there tomorrow afternoon to put back into shape.

Before the rain comes on Thursday night Friday morning.

Glyn