Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Don't get upset it's only temporary if the bspa sanction it we will be back to full strength by the end of April :)

it won't be allowed for sure !! so where do you go then ??

9 hours ago, speedflash said:

Thanks Starman I couldn't be there today as I had a previous engagement prior to getting the track job. Looks like it held up well I will be there tomorrow afternoon to put back into shape.

Before the rain comes on Thursday night Friday morning.

Glyn

Hi Glyn, yes it held up well, it did cut up a little bit but you would expect that with the weather we have had. It was a little patchy going round turn one, and little spongy in places, again i would assume that is down to the weather. Neil watered it  and rolled it well, but as you know you dont want to drown it for practice just enough. Turn 4 was very good riders going it smooth. As you say once we get a settled period, and after tomorrow nights meeting we have nothing for a complete week, hopefully it will remain reasonably dry then when you do the finishing touches it will be great. See you soon. Mike.

Edited by Starman2006

8 hours ago, Mr X said:

Good to see Starman on his feet. Keep it up chap.  

Thanks mate, see you tomorrow night.

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Am I reading it right that Kildemand is a temporary replacement for Holder????

How on earth is that legal or even possible. 

Kildemand is by any definition a GP rider from 2017 by the amount of GP's he appeared in and all this nonsense that he was a reserve is total bull.

He is an assessed 9 like Woffy, Piotr and Zagar no question. He therefore cannot replace a rider on a 7. 

Anything else is a total disgrace if this is allowed to happen. How many ringers are Poole trying to assemble??

Huge embarrassment to the sport if this is sanctioned.:angry:

Steve, there must be a reason for it mate, if its ratified by the BSPA then it legal. Appart from fridays open meeting Chris will miss 2 meetings, the double header next friday which is K O Cup

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Regarding the bibs, I watched the video of the riders coming down the stairs with Middlo and Ford before sitting at the tables in front of the fans - they looked like a collection of riders and certainly didn't look like a team - very poor indeed from Poole (and Somerset)

No one has seen Somerset yet so how do you know they have race jackets? 

Just to clarify, there is no 9 point GP rider rule. In most instances, and particularly in the case of Peter Kildemand and Niels Kristian Iversen, riders with an existing CMA return to British Speedway on that CMA

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Just to clarify, there is no 9 point GP rider rule. In most instances, and particularly in the case of Peter Kildemand and Niels Kristian Iversen, riders with an existing CMA return to British Speedway on that CMA

Zagar says he couldn't return to Belle Vue because he'd been lumped with a 9 average because he's a GP rider.

14 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

So are you saying that Zagar could return on his last average of 7.48 if any team wishes to make a rider change ?.

So basically the BSPA make it up. Ahhh Killer we like him so you can come back on 7.4 or whatever. 

But Zagar we don’t like you. Here come back on 9. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve, there must be a reason for it mate, if its ratified by the BSPA then it legal. Appart from fridays open meeting Chris will miss 2 meetings, the double header next friday which is K O Cup

They make the rules up as they go along ok i would rather see Killer ride  than see you have  R/R because that is all you should have but that is not the point.For me you have three riders on false averages  now only Poole have done that this year nobody else has everybody else has abided by the rules apart from your club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unusual way of looking at it. Kildemand makes Poole weaker in my opinion and the chance for teams to take advantage before CH returns. Would have CH any day over knock me off with a fart Kildemand.

Kildemand on some of those away tracks would be a better option than CH you are talking about the Chris Holder of 4/5 years ago he has loads to prove.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Kildemand on some of those away tracks would be a better option than CH you are talking about the Chris Holder of 4/5 years ago he has loads to prove.

Give him a chance mate, he's barely turned a wheel.

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

They make the rules up as they go along ok i would rather see Killer ride  than see you have  R/R because that is all you should have but that is not the point.For me you have three riders on false averages  now only Poole have done that this year nobody else has everybody else has abided by the rules apart from your club.

Mate, please read Gordon Pairmans post above, he will know.