British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Give him a chance mate, he's barely turned a wheel.

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, please read Gordon Pairmans post above, he will know.

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I want him to do well  be great if he could get back to his best,  but all  the fans want to see is fairly assembled teams as for Mr Pairman he has explained nothing.

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 hours ago, MattK said:

Am I being thick here? Kildemand isn't a GP rider, so why would he be reassessed as a 9?

Didn't he ride in the vast majority of GP's in 2017??? The ruling seems to be any GP rider of 2017/2018 because Piotr  (not in GP's this year) is a 9. He didn't ride here in 2017 either,  another qualifying criteria. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t use common sense Matt. It goes against the grain of having a pop at Poole. 

Blinkered and blind beyond belief. 

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Interesting one. It's a very grey area as to whether Kildemand is a GP rider or not. I would say that this year's averages are based on last year, so, yes, he should probably be classed as a GP rider.

Having said that, it seems reasonable to have him in for Chris Holder - and probably weakens Poole anyway. The should have just left the averages as they were, or put in a percentage upgrade based on last year's new averages.

I'm not sure it's a grey area at all. He rode several GP's in 2017 and didn't ride here in 2017 either.  Both those criterias have prevented Piotr, Woffy and Zagar from riding here this year on there low 7 averages also. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve, there must be a reason for it mate, if its ratified by the BSPA then it legal. Appart from fridays open meeting Chris will miss 2 meetings, the double header next friday which is K O Cup

It's a short term thing so that's the only logical reason it's been allowed. However it doesn't stop the fact that Killer shouldn't be allowed to use his old average tho.

47 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Just to clarify, there is no 9 point GP rider rule. In most instances, and particularly in the case of Peter Kildemand and Niels Kristian Iversen, riders with an existing CMA return to British Speedway on that CMA

26 minutes ago, ouch said:

It’s Belle Vue they don’t like. 

More like targeting Wolverhampton.

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Didn't he ride in the vast majority of GP's in 2017??? The ruling seems to be any GP rider of 2017/2018 because Piotr  (not in GP's this year) is a 9. He didn't ride here in 2017 either,  another qualifying criteria. 

How do we know Pawlicki is a 9?

As I said, I hate inconsistency, how can Zagar, Woffy and Pawlicki be a 9 and Vaculik be an 8?

56 minutes ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Just to clarify, there is no 9 point GP rider rule. In most instances, and particularly in the case of Peter Kildemand and Niels Kristian Iversen, riders with an existing CMA return to British Speedway on that CMA

So what happened to the ruling that GP riders and those who didn't ride here in 2017 are reassessed to a 9 then?? It's known that Piotr Pawlicki,  Woffy (wolves assets) and Zagar  (Aces) were looking at coming back only to be slapped with a 9 average. Only Iversen of those you name had an average over 8 so it would seem you are saying selected riders can keep an outdated average whilst others can't which by any definition is grossly unfair.

Just now, MattK said:

As I said, I hate inconsistency, how can Zagar, Woffy and Pawlicki be a 9 and Vaculik be an 8?

CVS confirmed it at the Wolves talk in in November. Any new rider to GB league from GP's are 8.

I agree there is no consistency whatsoever.

On 19/01/2018 at 10:58 AM, Aces51 said:

No idea why this quote line is here???

Anyway, don't really have a lot of time for Chris,  but if true it's regarding his personal relationship, son etc., he has my heartfelt sympathy. As a father in a broken relationship he will get the thin edge every time, I truly hope for his sake it's only a couple of weeks, but don't bank on it:(. 10 years down the line my son is still having his daughter used against him:mad:

Good luck Chris 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattK said:

It's all based on the mythical Grading List. Some lucky archaeologist is going to dig it up in a few thousand years time and all will be revealed.

Will kildermand come in on the 28 day rule or has that been abandoned now ?

34 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Give him a chance mate, he's barely turned a wheel.

and it's very likely he won't !!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

So basically the BSPA make it up. Ahhh Killer we like him so you can come back on 7.4 or whatever. 

But Zagar we don’t like you. Here come back on 9. 

correct it stinks to high heaven piss poor BSPA 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Will kildermand come in on the 28 day rule or has that been abandoned now ?

Surley the 2 day rule only covers injured riders. As I see it by the rules, Poole's 1 - 7 now is the declared line-up. If Poole want to bring Holder back in, then it would have to be like for like or a re-declaration. There is no facility within the rules for a temporary 1 - 7, whether it is for visa issues or nor not.

1 minute ago, DunRobin said:

Surley the 2 day rule only covers injured riders. As I see it by the rules, Poole's 1 - 7 now is the declared line-up. If Poole want to bring Holder back in, then it would have to be like for like or a re-declaration. There is no facility within the rules for a temporary 1 - 7, whether it is for visa issues or nor not.

If Kildermand comes in on his old average (lower than Holder) they would still be able to bring Holder back in later as it will be within the 42.5 team average

The rule (or non rule) was brought in solely to stop The Aces signing Zagar. 

Woffinden and the pole were never coming back though Ford expressed an interest in the pole before stating this "While he finished on 7.32 at Wolverhampton in 2014, it is usual that if a Grand Prix rider has been out of British speedway for three years, his average will be reassessed.

Different to the Zagar situation. 

The reason for stopping Zagar?

Cook

Hougaard

Fricke

Tungate

Zagar

Smith

Bewley

56 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

He hasn't explained anything... if anything, he's muddied the already filthy brown water even more that is the BSPA.

I would find it staggering that other teams aren't up in arms if this move attempts to go through.

Edited by Najjer