British Speedway Forum

If as stated on here that M Ford doesn't attend the AGM then how the heck can he criticise any outcome voted by the committee.

He seems to behave like a barrack room lawyer when it comes to these things and likes to sound off when things dont work in his favour.

As long as one of Poole's promoters are there, i don't see why it matters. However i am sure he sends a list of what he wants to whoever he sends!

As long as one of Poole's promoters are there, i don't see why it matters. However i am sure he sends a list of what he wants to whoever he sends!

Probably Gordon pairman attends in Matts absence.

Anyone else bored!

Nothing about Poole for weeks now!

Anyone know anything interesting for the upcoming season

I don't know anything interesting for next year but as a Belle vue fan Aces and Colts if everything goes well I still have 5 could be 8 home meetings to watch this year so not bored yet. I will think about next year when this one has finished.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

Anyone else bored!

Nothing about Poole for weeks now!

Anyone know anything interesting for the upcoming season

Patience fella patience

Racing on 3 nights amalgamate the leagues and

3 brits per team.....please.

• Like 1

Racing on 3 nights amalgamate the leagues and

3 brits per team.....please.

This is a Premiership thread not Championship!!!!!! :wink::P

• Like 1

after last night can only see two or maybe three of this years team at poole next season lahti kennett holder and starke all of poor last night . hans and brady i hope will be their and of course james

• Like 1

Back to this real thread.

There seems to be a bidding war starting for Brady in Poland.

Lezsno, Torun have voiced interest and I expect more teams to have a look.

I think we could see the same in Sweden for teams like Vetlanda who have gone bust could be a cheaper option.

If jack does not ride for Poole next season. I would make sure that he cant ride against us. If he does Lejojen(sweden) and Torun and hopefully just Pboro then if no Poole.

Kurtz and Holder Jr I would say yes and hopefully both will be riding Po EL next year gaining more experience.

If both are considered good enough for that league (almost certain both will be in some form) they for sure they are good enough for Poole. Brady is still learning and needs pressure lifted as he is NOT Darcy Ward and at just turning 21 he doesn't need the pressure. He is coming along nicely thanks and hopefully will improve overall as he gets more experience. Lets not forget this is only his second season in top Flight.

For me people need to get off Jack Holders back. Its his first season in top flight and while not getting to Bradys av ,he has one season less in UK in total remember. Plus if he can do what he did in Poland even if he was on Hancocks engine/s then please... can we not say he wont get better ???. Got to be worth persevering with. He has shown plenty at Peterborough and lets not forget he is still learning. In a good team we should be able to carry him through his ups and downs that he will have just as Brady has at times.

For me its got to be Woryna/Holder Jr/Kurtz as the young future backbone of the team.

Now the real debate is who next ????.

Holder Sr a lot depends on when/what outcome of his appeal is (does anyone know when it is as he will probably be off to Aussie at some stage for the Winter ??). What will the teams points limits be for 2018.

Magic/Milik ?? - Do people want Andersen back as a steady team man that will have his usual ups and downs but has been the man who kept going through the season.

For me the points limit is a big driver of what maybe Poole can/cant achieve in 2018 as for sure Matt Ford will want a strong and more importantly consistent team that does not implode they way Poole did at one stage this season.

Thankfully we wont have the likes of Kennett or Lahti back next year. Also Starke I am sure wont be there.

As for the likes of Shanes/Klindt/Newman ??? - I question how many of these lower order riders we can accommodate if we want a chance of winning the league in 2018. We really don't want the nightmare that at one stage was 2017 with a lucky get out of jail card to get into the last 4 knowing it would end in tears. As it ultimately did.

Let the debate begin ;-)

Can't see Kyle back as he will presumably still want to race with Ipswich if they come up?!

So not sure about Hans. Yes he's been a solid steady captain this year, but of a poor team. If MF struggles to get a 3rd heat leader then yes possibly Hans, but there are better, younger riders likely to be available

Brady and Woryna (and a.n other) are nailed on imo. If MF can get 2 decent heat leaders with Brady as the 3rd then we should have a much better season. As much as I've really enjoyed Shanesy - both for his riding and his attitude - it'll depend on what the rules are going to be about the number of Brits in each top team. Shanesy needs more speedway at Championship level if he can fit that around his Long and Grasstrack commitments.

I'll be keeping my eye on the final 2 GP rounds as to who makes the top 8 and the likely wild cards?! Vaculik could be an outside choice.

Edited by Skidder1

Kurtz and Holder Jr I would say yes and hopefully both will be riding Po EL next year gaining more experience.

If both are considered good enough for that league (almost certain both will be in some form) they for sure they are good enough for Poole. Brady is still learning and needs pressure lifted as he is NOT Darcy Ward and at just turning 21 he doesn't need the pressure. He is coming along nicely thanks and hopefully will improve overall as he gets more experience. Lets not forget this is only his second season in top Flight.

For me people need to get off Jack Holders back. Its his first season in top flight and while not getting to Bradys av ,he has one season less in UK in total remember. Plus if he can do what he did in Poland even if he was on Hancocks engine/s then please... can we not say he wont get better ???. Got to be worth persevering with. He has shown plenty at Peterborough and lets not forget he is still learning. In a good team we should be able to carry him through his ups and downs that he will have just as Brady has at times.

For me its got to be Woryna/Holder Jr/Kurtz as the young future backbone of the team.

Now the real debate is who next ????.

Holder Sr a lot depends on when/what outcome of his appeal is (does anyone know when it is as he will probably be off to Aussie at some stage for the Winter ??). What will the teams points limits be for 2018.

Magic/Milik ?? - Do people want Andersen back as a steady team man that will have his usual ups and downs but has been the man who kept going through the season.

For me the points limit is a big driver of what maybe Poole can/cant achieve in 2018 as for sure Matt Ford will want a strong and more importantly consistent team that does not implode they way Poole did at one stage this season.

Thankfully we wont have the likes of Kennett or Lahti back next year. Also Starke I am sure wont be there.

As for the likes of Shanes/Klindt/Newman ??? - I question how many of these lower order riders we can accommodate if we want a chance of winning the league in 2018. We really don't want the nightmare that at one stage was 2017 with a lucky get out of jail card to get into the last 4 knowing it would end in tears. As it ultimately did.

Let the debate begin ;-)

Andersen has to go for me. I thank him for his efforts but there is no improvement in his 7.75 average. I would be shocked if Matt offered Hans a contract on that average as it's only going to decline.

Kennett should retire. Not even joking. Starke is poor.

Newman has never improved and I would pass on him and get James Shanes in as our 2nd reserve who has improved his average by a point and shows guts and determination.

Klindt no thank you. Like Lahti will struggle in the 1-5.

J. Holder only if Chris joins him otherwise get rid.

With Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

Without Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, R. Lambert, V. Milik, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

Andersen has to go for me. I thank him for his efforts but there is no improvement in his 7.75 average. I would be shocked if Matt offered Hans a contract on that average as it's only going to decline.

Kennett should retire. Not even joking. Starke is poor.

Newman has never improved and I would pass on him and get James Shanes in as our 2nd reserve who has improved his average by a point and shows guts and determination.

Klindt no thank you. Like Lahti will struggle in the 1-5.

J. Holder only if Chris joins him otherwise get rid.

With Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, C. Holder, J. Holder, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

Without Holders:

M. Janowski, B. Kurtz, R. Lambert, V. Milik, A. Ellis, K. Woryna & J. Shanes

Quite like both of them.

But without the Holders is a very good team.

Its a very good team but lets just see what happens.