British Speedway Forum

So Josh Auty in for Holder for the 70th Anniversary. 

Sure Ford could have got someone better but I know he didn't want any riders who have Prem spots riding. Apart from NKI. 

Would have liked to have seen Starke but is racing in Glasgow. 

9 minutes ago, ouch said:

The rule (or non rule) was brought in solely to stop The Aces signing Zagar. 

Woffinden and the pole were never coming back though Ford expressed an interest in the pole before stating this "While he finished on 7.32 at Wolverhampton in 2014, it is usual that if a Grand Prix rider has been out of British speedway for three years, his average will be reassessed.

Different to the Zagar situation. 

The reason for stopping Zagar?

Cook

Hougaard

Fricke

Tungate

Zagar

Smith

Bewley

Both were likely coming back, no less or more likely than Zagar. 

Piotr asked for his name to be circulated if Wolves couldn't fit him in. Poole fans believed he was already a dead cert. Woffy certainly was in consideration at Wolves and spoken to CVS.

The ruling was to ensure wolves couldn't build a super team.

Edited by stevebrum
added info.

4 hours ago, mrss said:

If Killer  is allowed to ride for Poole instead of C Holder it will show what M Fraud  and N Fiddleditch are. Dirty ! Cheating! Barstards.

I wonder if Holder will need extra time if Killer is scoring well.. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Najjer said:

He hasn't explained anything... if anything, he's muddied the already filthy brown water even more that is the BSPA.

I would find it staggering that other teams aren't up in arms if this move attempts to go through.

I think Gordon would know more than you. Chris will miss again, the open meeting tomorrow and the double header K O cup meetings. Killer will not be riding league meetings. Have a cold bath mate, you'l be fine..;)

Edited by Starman2006

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wonder if Holder will need extra time if Killer is scoring well.. :rolleyes:

Chris will be back please read my above posts.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Didn't he ride in the vast majority of GP's in 2017??? The ruling seems to be any GP rider of 2017/2018 because Piotr  (not in GP's this year) is a 9. He didn't ride here in 2017 either,  another qualifying criteria. 

Blinkered and blind beyond belief. 

I'm not sure it's a grey area at all. He rode several GP's in 2017 and didn't ride here in 2017 either.  Both those criterias have prevented Piotr, Woffy and Zagar from riding here this year on there low 7 averages also. 

It's a short term thing so that's the only logical reason it's been allowed. However it doesn't stop the fact that Killer shouldn't be allowed to use his old average tho.

More like targeting Wolverhampton.

But steve, what average comes into play, he's not riding League meetings.

16 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Well I guess the BSPA has agreed to it!! 

Killer is on the official green sheet at 7.10!! 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/_mobile/premiershipteamissues18 

So that’s done. 

Thing is, Matt has helped Wolves out in agreeing to move the meeting next week when clearly, he could have dug his heals in, now everybodys up in arms because we have killer short term who will not even ride a league meeting. Jeez, this operation must have done some good, im even talking like Matt now...:D

Edited by Starman2006

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I think Gordon would know more than you. Chris will miss again, the open meeting tomorrow and the double header K O cup meetings. Killer will not be riding league meetings. Have a cold bath mate, you'l be fine..;)

I love how when it suits people, because they BSPA or members within it say so then "it must be true."

Rumours are Somerset have signed Tai Woffinden and Greg Hancock to ride at reserve next week.... it's alright though, because it's a cup match so averages don't matter. Have a day off Starman....

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I love how when it suits people, because they BSPA or members within it say so then "it must be true."

Rumours are Somerset have signed Tai Woffinden and Greg Hancock to ride at reserve next week.... it's alright though, because it's a cup match so averages don't matter. Have a day off Starman....

I can see you  getting redder and redder  by the minute. I hear cold baths are good for you. Has burnham on sea got a pier...?  ;):D Its all above board mate, otherwise the BSPA wouldnt sanction it.

Edited by Starman2006

From Speedway GP website. 

“We got a deal sorted quite quickly. To be fair, me and (Poole owner) Matt (Ford) have spoken many times for many years, but we have never really made a deal. We have never really had the option to do it. We couldn’t fit it in with the averages.

33 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

So CH will be ok by 4th April, home to Wolves, we shall see

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I can see you  getting redder and redder  by the minute. I hear cold baths are good for you. Has burnham on sea got a pier...?  ;):D Its all above board mate, otherwise the BSPA wouldnt sanction it.

Never stopped them before.

FYI, Burnham has the shortest pier in the U.K. If you don't learn anything else today Starman, at least you've learnt that!