British Speedway Forum

Just now, Pinny said:

He didnt “elevate” into the series full time, he was first reserve all season. 

Smolinski, Fricke and Jepsen Jensen all raced as series reserves in 2017 as well... should they be classed as 9.00 GP riders as well?

kildemand only rode in 9 gps as he was first reserve, if Fricke had been first reserve and raced in 9 gps would there of been calls to make him a 9.00 rider for belle vue?! Of course there wouldnt. 

Like it or not, the rules state Peter Kildemand was a first reserve and not a full time member of the GP field. And no, had he became world champ my stance would be the same. He done it as a reserve although this would of meant a 2018 permanant wild card therefore being saddled with a 9.00 figure

Just have to agree to disagree on this one then. 

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

He didnt “elevate” into the series full time, he was first reserve all season. 

Smolinski, Fricke and Jepsen Jensen all raced as series reserves in 2017 as well... should they be classed as 9.00 GP riders as well?

kildemand only rode in 9 gps as he was first reserve, if Fricke had been first reserve and raced in 9 gps would there of been calls to make him a 9.00 rider for belle vue?! Of course there wouldnt. 

Like it or not, the rules state Peter Kildemand was a first reserve and not a full time member of the GP field. And no, had he became world champ my stance would be the same. He done it as a reserve although this would of meant a 2018 permanant wild card therefore being saddled with a 9.00 figure

Max Fricke rode over here in 2017 so your point is somewhat flawed. But yes if Fricke had ridden in 9 gp's and hadnt ridden over here last season then quite rightly he should be a 9, same as Kildemand should be.

I ask again if Nicki Pedersen wanted to ride here he would be a 9...................why?

Just now, Gavan said:

So in 1999 if Mark Loram had of scored 5 more points he would have been on the rostrum but was only a reserve. Im guessing by your logic that means he wouldnt have been classed as world number 3 as he wasnt a GP rider.

Please explain how you think its right that Kildemand rode in more grand prix then Iversen or Nicki Pedersen but yet can come in on 2 points lower??

What we do know tho is if any other team had signed Kildemand on a low 7 Shov  would be shouting cheating as loud as you like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Max Fricke rode over here in 2017 so your point is somewhat flawed. But yes if Fricke had ridden in 9 gp's and hadnt ridden over here last season then quite rightly he should be a 9, same as Kildemand should be.

I ask again if Nicki Pedersen wanted to ride here he would be a 9...................why?

Your right on that one but doesnt make my argument that Kildemand is legit wrong. 

And yes Nicki should be 9.00 as he is a declared Grand Prix rider. 

I do agree that the rules SHOULD make Kildemand 9.00 and that if you ride a certain amount of GPS as a wildcard or reserve you should be gp rider, however as it stands this is not the case therefore Kildemand is perfectly legal to start on his old average. 

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

What we do know tho is if any other team had signed Kildemand on a low 7 Shov  would be shouting cheating as loud as you like. 

Poole have managed to bring in a Polish ringer and now replaced a rider on the downgrade in Holder with Kildemand.

If Poole somehow mess this season up like the last 2 then surely its time for Middlo to walk? They cant mess up having clearly the best team for the third year in a row can they?

• Like 1

Just now, Pinny said:

Your right on that one but doesnt make my argument that Kildemand is legit wrong. 

And yes Nicki should be 9.00 as he is a declared Grand Prix rider. 

I do agree that the rules SHOULD make Kildemand 9.00 and that if you ride a certain amount of GPS as a wildcard or reserve you should be gp rider, however as it stands this is not the case therefore Kildemand is perfectly legal to start on his old average. 

I know what your saying but how does a rider ride in 2 GP'S and gets saddled with a higher average then one who rode in 9? Farcical

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

I know what your saying but how does a rider ride in 2 GP'S and gets saddled with a higher average then one who rode in 9? Farcical

Because he was a declared GP rider at the start of the series and Kildemand wasnt. Thats the rules

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Have you seen the rule?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole have managed to bring in a Polish ringer and now replaced a rider on the downgrade in Holder with Kildemand.

If Poole somehow mess this season up like the last 2 then surely its time for Middlo to walk? They cant mess up having clearly the best team for the third year in a row can they?

How is it Middlo's fault for last season's failure when we clearly didn't have the best team, our number one not performing is not his fault nor was the injury to Klindt.

34 minutes ago, Pinny said:

peter kildemand started 2017 as first gp reserve and due to numerous injuries, stood in for 9 gps. As a reserve. He was not a declared SGP rider at any point during the season.

Does the rule specify “declared GP rider”? Does it exclude GP reserves or GP reserves who ride in one GP or GP reserves in ride in 9? Did PK become a full time GP rider when Nicky Pedersen was declared out for the season?

A fair definition would be any rider who rode in more than 3 GPs.

44 minutes ago, Pinny said:

70 dont think so squire, my job pays well enough here my nailbag and hammer will be well and truly hung up by the time I am 50, enjoying a happy retirement on golden beaches with an ice cold lager. 

Watch you dont do your back in stacking too many boxes of cheap Lidls wine pal, make sure you bend your knees and keep your back straight when lifting old man ;)

What is wrong with stacking shelves to provide for  your family or do you think you are to good for that?

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What is wrong with stacking shelves to provide for  your family or do you think you are to good for that?

No he's just full of himself it seems, it really doesn't matter what you do as a job or where you live as long as you're happy, at least we get to watch our teams on a regular basis

The whole average system is flawed, riders form  can change so much over 2 or 3 years unyet you can use an old average to build your team. Any average attained prior to the previous season should be disregarded and a suitale conversion factor found from the leagues they have ridden in the previous season. That's the only fair way

• Like 1

The rule has never been published and Pairman recently said there is no rule despite promoters commenting on it at fan meetings. 

The wording of the rule would alter dependant on who’s asking anyway  

It was first mentioned the week after Zagar tweeted about returning (to Belle Vue). The promoters conference had taken place and a press release sent out detailing the changes but no mention of this until Zagar’s tweet. 

This kind of behaviour is driving the die hards away to the point we now have a dead sport. I just wish Ford had got into some other sport as he has killed speedway. It’s ok for him and a lot of the Poole fans on here, they can just move to another sport as their interest doesn’t go beyond “winning”. 

Real fans who haven’t already walked away due to Fords antics are left with next to nothing. 

Shame

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ouch said:

The rule has never been published and Pairman recently said there is no rule despite promoters commenting on it at fan meetings. 

The wording of the rule would alter dependant on who’s asking anyway  

It was first mentioned the week after Zagar tweeted about returning (to Belle Vue). The promoters conference had taken place and a press release sent out detailing the changes but no mention of this until Zagar’s tweet. 

This kind of behaviour is driving the die hards away to the point we now have a dead sport. I just wish Ford had got into some other sport as he has killed speedway. It’s ok for him and a lot of the Poole fans on here, they can just move to another sport as their interest doesn’t go beyond “winning”. 

Real fans who haven’t already walked away due to Fords antics are left with next to nothing. 

Shame

Of course, well documented with plenty of evidence to back it up.

Ford has always been great for Poole (to an extent) but cancerous for the sport.

Unfortunately what many have failed to grasp is, infect something with cancer, it will spread. Poole are now beginning to suffer.

However, equally as bad are those who had opportunity to treat the disease or even prevent it at the beginning and have continually ignored it's presence.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4