British Speedway Forum

Looks like tonight could be the first rain off of the season.  The band of rain predicted for 9-10 pm is going to arrive early and will be here for the evening and night. A shame for all those many travelling fans who are already well on their way, as well as the riders who have travelled from outside the UK to be here. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Its not a case of who is asking. Its a fact that Matt Ford is so far ahead of his rival promoters that they don’t even know the question to ask.

No rules have been broken.  Nothing to see here. Time to move along and find something else to find about Poole for these saddos to bitch about.

"The anti-Poole mob" translates as "Speedway lovers sick of seeing rules being stretched to the limit by one club in particular and the spirit of them being tramp[led upon".

There is a difference between being insightful and being one step ahead and acting on or influencing information or decisions which others are unaware of using inside information. That is the concern of the "Anit-Poole mob". It is a concern and a suspicion, not a fact. 

Of course the simple-minded will try to dress it up as being "In the best interests of the sport", or "all fair in love or war". Others see it as pettiness and sheer over-loyal ignorance. As long as you win who cares how, eh? 

Now, I'm pretty careful not to belong to a 'mob' which is a pretty pathetic term to use but rather to be expected from you. There is a rotten smell of corruption which while certainly not proved hangs over Wimborne Road. A stronger sport with integrity would have clamped down years ago. I still remember the remarkable coincidence of Poole riders suffering endless engine failures at Swindon many years back, just when Poole needed to get their riders' averages down. Even Leigh Adams commented on how suspicious it was. That was the start and it's been going on far, far too long. 

• Like 3

The only problem here is petty jealousy from the usual anti Poole mob who can’t stand it that Matt Ford is nearly always two steps ahead of his rivals.

Yes ladies and gentlemen here it is again. Season after season month after month the same old line from Poole fans.............................................we are all jealous and anti Poole!!!

What a pathetic excuse and reason.

Lack of intelligence clearly the reasoning behind the jealousy comment.

22 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

"The anti-Poole mob" translates as "Speedway lovers sick of seeing rules being stretched to the limit by one club in particular and the spirit of them being tramp[led upon".

There is a difference between being insightful and being one step ahead and acting on or influencing information or decisions which others are unaware of using inside information. That is the concern of the "Anit-Poole mob". It is a concern and a suspicion, not a fact. 

Of course the simple-minded will try to dress it up as being "In the best interests of the sport", or "all fair in love or war". Others see it as pettiness and sheer over-loyal ignorance. As long as you win who cares how, eh? 

Now, I'm pretty careful not to belong to a 'mob' which is a pretty pathetic term to use but rather to be expected from you. There is a rotten smell of corruption which while certainly not proved hangs over Wimborne Road. A stronger sport with integrity would have clamped down years ago. I still remember the remarkable coincidence of Poole riders suffering endless engine failures at Swindon many years back, just when Poole needed to get their riders' averages down. Even Leigh Adams commented on how suspicious it was. That was the start and it's been going on far, far too long. 

100% spot on.

Try explaining it to the blinkered troll lol

Im just looking forward to some speedway. 

Weather looks a bit iffy tonight. Rain seems to be coming. Never know could miss weather is funny around Poole. 

Good to see Poole have finally got an Instagram page. 

And they continue to make fools on themselves with their pathetic jealousy. The gift that keeps on giving. Gavan leading the way as usual. And calling me a troll for defending my club against petty hatred. 

The gift that keeps on giving. Lol!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

On 22/03/2018 at 10:25 AM, Gordon Pairman said:

Just to clarify, there is no 9 point GP rider rule. In most instances, and particularly in the case of Peter Kildemand and Niels Kristian Iversen, riders with an existing CMA return to British Speedway on that CMA

I am sure it would be helpful and appreciated if you could explain your caveat of "in most instances". It presumably means that there are exceptions where some riders with an existing CMA wouldn't return on that CMA. What are the criteria for those exceptions?   SImilarly, you also say that there is no 9 point GP rider rule.  Is there any GP rider point rule?

I am sure that you can understand the confusion being created for the fans when we are told that Zagar, Woffinden and Pawlicki have been reassessed but apparently Kildemand and Iversen  haven't and that Vaculik is assessed at 8 but other GP riders at 9.

Credibility is a serious problem for speedway in the UK and one of the major reasons why fans have walked away and why the media refuses to take it seriously.  It is the far too often lack of openness and clarity by the BSPA which leaves fans bewildered and disillusioned and inevitably leads to the sort of disparaging comments and conjecture seen on this and many other threads. If the BSPA wishes to gain respect and move the sport forward it must be open and transparent and ensure that rules are clear, concise, published and interpreted consistently and fairly. 

• Like 7

Technically Poole may not have broken the rules, just bent them due to poor wording or, yes you could say, exploited a loophole. They seem to be very good at it. Similarly there are loopholes in the taxation system which many individuals and companies exploit to their advantage. Technically they have not broken the law but it is most definately morally corrupt. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like tonight could be the first rain off of the season.  The band of rain predicted for 9-10 pm is going to arrive early and will be here for the evening and night. A shame for all those many travelling fans who are already well on their way, as well as the riders who have travelled from outside the UK to be here. 

And Matt gets to keep his ten grand - result! :wink: Bit of a pattern forming following the Darcy Ward debacle a few years ago :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Tonights meeting has been postponed. Just been told by someone at the stadium.  Hopefully it can be re-arranged.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Meeting off so it is likely the meeting sponsors will save their £10,000

Can’t afford racesuits? Is that another one of the rumours the anti Poole brigade spew out as truth? Yet the winner of tonights meeting walks away with ten grand.

It’s strange he cannot afford team suits yet can give away such a large sum on a whim. Perhaps, just perhaps, he can actually afford team suits but has decided he doesn’t want them this season. But that answer probably won’t fit in with the anti Poole brigade. 

It’s nowt to do with hating Poole or the “anti Poole brigade” as you call it. It’s about making the sport look professional. Wearing racesuits is a step in that direction as Poole riders are in a “team”. I’ll say the same to Somerset as well. If teams in the championship & NL can why can’t teams in two top flight? Imagine how it’s going to look on TV. I think that’s the main issues most fans have. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Meeting off so it is likely the meeting sponsors will save their £10,000

Why would they? Its a 70th anniversary meeting so surely will be re-arranged at a future date.

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

It’s nowt to do with hating Poole or the “anti Poole brigade” as you call it. It’s about making the sport look professional. Wearing racesuits is a step in that direction as Poole riders are in a “team”. I’ll say the same to Somerset as well. If teams in the championship & NL can why can’t teams in two top flight? Imagine how it’s going to look on TV. I think that’s the main issues most fans have. 

I am not arguing that point. I myself believe all teams should wear race suits.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would they? Its a 70th anniversary meeting so surely will be re-arranged at a future date.

I’m sure I saw Ned Payne say if it’s off tonight it won’t be rerun