Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Agrotron said:

First the suits now Ford can't even afford the prize money put up so has called it off you couldn't make it up!

I reckon you could:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have to say the improvement in the social media and general news side of the club has improved dramatically.  Twitter, facebook, website and now instagram being used to put the message out.  Speedway portal also putting out good quality footage on a regular basis.

Doesn't matter how much of a improvement it is Ford is still a knob!

19 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

Doesn't matter how much of a improvement it is Ford is still a knob!

Why mate ?. Matt tries his heart out for the club, eh the race suits/ Bibs is a cost cutting measure that all clubs will have to make, except matt has been upfront and acknowledged the fact.. As for the 10k, Matt would never had stumped it up could he not afford to pay it, As for the meeting, the track was very RACEABLE, not rideable, untill late after noon when steady rain that was expected materialised, Up to that point, Glyn had put NO water on the track, it didnt need it, and would have rode very well and the rain  that was expected turned up. Matt predictably was not to pleased, its not his fault, the forcast was for light rain and the meeting could have gone ahead, but the forcast was dire and the rain contary to the forcast got heavier,  and the right decision was made so people didnt come in and pay then all concerned had the hassle of refunds.

Edited by Starman2006

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Have you seen the rule?

He will be the first person outside the BSPA who has!

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

Does the rule specify “declared GP rider”? Does it exclude GP reserves or GP reserves who ride in one GP or GP reserves in ride in 9? Did PK become a full time GP rider when Nicky Pedersen was declared out for the season?

A fair definition would be any rider who rode in more than 3 GPs.

That's the trouble,they have given no qualifying criteria. 2017? 2018? One or both? Have ridden in a GP or qualified for one?

Any rider that's ridden more than a quarter of the years GP series is technically good enough to be classed a GP standard rider IMHO. 

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Taking advantage of a loophole is not doing anything wrong. 

I haven’t even bothered looking for the rule, I am merely going off what everyone else has stated Re: the reassessed averages. 

From browsing these threads over the winter and reading comments from people who have attended forums with their sides promotions etc, it seems that any rider who rode in the 2017 SGP series as a declared starter or is down to ride in the 2018 series as a declared starter will have their 2018 Premiership average reassessed to 9.00, if they missed the 2017 season in the Premiership. Hence Zagar, Woffy etc being re assessed to 9.00. 

I do not see how Vaculik has been given 8.00, that is extremely puzzling. 

I can see however how Iversen has retained his 9.06 figure as it was higher than the standard reassessed average being dished out. Thats happened a few times before where if your higher than the required average, you keep the higher average. I am sure SCB will step in and provide some examples

This is part of the problem. You are quoting a rule that hasn't been released fully to the public.  So in truth we don't know what constitutes a GP rider. Yet again the failure on clarity of rules is allowing this loophole to be explored. Killer IS a GP rider in 2017 because he rode 9 of the 12 rounds.  You won't find any published ruling that backs up your case. We are all assuming Killer doesn't apply because he isn't classed as a GP rider.  Could be right or wrong.  The BSPA may have allowed Poole to use his now outdated average because it's cover and temporary for a few weeks. Could be wrong could be right. There is no black and white answer to why this has been allowed. Only those of us trying to guess the logic because the ruling won't back it up!

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like tonight could be the first rain off of the season.  The band of rain predicted for 9-10 pm is going to arrive early and will be here for the evening and night. A shame for all those many travelling fans who are already well on their way, as well as the riders who have travelled from outside the UK to be here. 

Peterborough have already had the first call off of the year with the Ben Fund. 

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Why mate ?. Matt tries his heart out for the club, eh the race suits/ Bibs is a cost cutting measure that all clubs will have to make, except matt has been upfront and acknowledged the fact.. As for the 10k, Matt would never had stumped it up could he not afford to pay it, As for the meeting, the track was very RACEABLE, not rideable, untill late after noon when steady rain that was expected materialised, Up to that point, Glyn had put NO water on the track, it didnt need it, and would have rode very well and the rain  that was expected turned up. Matt predictably was not to pleased, its not his fault, the forcast was for light rain and the meeting could have gone ahead, but the forcast was dire and the rain contary to the forcast got heavier,  and the right decision was made so people didnt come in and pay then all concerned had the hassle of refunds.

I have never liked Ford I am a Poole fan have been since 90's, the race jackets look sh1te they don't look like they fit some riders and the design why not don an old pirates design for the anniversary it makes more sense. 

Also I don't understand why they would try and host such a big meeting in March with the unpredictable weather why not in the summer months its brain dead. 

7 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Yet its ok for you and others to slag Ford even though don’t know what the official rule is either?

the main culprits here are the BSPA who are honestly a bunch of useless w@nkers who are driving the sport into the ground. They get worse and worse every year. 

All they need to do is put a page on their website listing every single rule and covering every grey area. How hard can it be? People say they get un deserved stick but thats nonsense, they have driven the sport so far into the ground in the UK that I cannot ever see it recovering. 

The way they handle everything is absurb and then when Poole are involved it gets even worse, even when it seems Ford has found a perfectly legitimate loophole in the system it causes uproar as the BSPA have failed to state the rules.

Good reply.  That's part of the problem. It's the BSPA's fault. No one knows what criteria they are using to make this change happen. We have no idea if it's a perfectly legitimate loophole or not!!!! But yet again if you don't clarify the rules for ALL of course there are going to be loopholes to use.  I couldn't care who it is. Fans want fairness and transparency for all.

The uncertainty is whether the reassessment of GP riders is true or not. 

I am 100 percent certain that Peter Kildemand is not classed as a GP rider from 2017 or 2018. He rode as a reserve in the 2017 series, whether he took part in 1 or 10 Grand Prixs. Rightly or wrongly, despite how many he raced in, he was never a full time rider. 

The debate is whether this ruling regarding grand prix riders being reassessed to 9.00 after a year out is true or not.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Good reply.  That's part of the problem. It's the BSPA's fault. No one knows what criteria they are using to make this change happen. We have no idea if it's a perfectly legitimate loophole or not!!!! But yet again if you don't clarify the rules for ALL of course there are going to be loopholes to use.  I couldn't care who it is. Fans want fairness and transparency for all.

So you don’t know the rules but you are more than happy to slag off Ford, even though he hasn’t broken any rules, with the move for Kildemand sactioned.

really, you don’t help yourself sometimes by jumping in head first slagging off Poole when you are completely wrong.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

So you don’t know the rules but you are more than happy to slag off Ford, even though he hasn’t broken any rules, with the move for Kildemand sactioned.

really, you don’t help yourself sometimes by jumping in head first slagging off Poole when you are completely wrong.

Can you point me to any part of my comment where I have  slagged Poole off???

Answer , you won't find it so stop with the tired and well worn replies and attempts to make it into a Poole hating witchhunt. 

I'm slating the BSPA FFS :mad:

You really can't help yourself can you??? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

But you don’t know the rule either, Steve, yet are saying it’s ok? 

The easiest rule would have been to say anybody that has ridden in any GP within the last 2 seasons is a 9 unless they have ridden and attained an average in the UK in that period. 

I mean, how hard is that?

No ambiguity. Everyone, supporters, promoters and riders know the score.

The BSPA are continued embarrassment to the sport. A bunch of bumbling fools that are not worth the steam off anyone’s p*ss

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pinny said:

The uncertainty is whether the reassessment of GP riders is true or not. 

I am 100 percent certain that Peter Kildemand is not classed as a GP rider from 2017 or 2018. He rode as a reserve in the 2017 series, whether he took part in 1 or 10 Grand Prixs. Rightly or wrongly, despite how many he raced in, he was never a full time rider. 

The debate is whether this ruling regarding grand prix riders being reassessed to 9.00 after a year out is true or not.

Your opinion may be right or wrong.  We just don't know. 

As for the ruling on the 9 point reassessed after a year tho is more readily available.  Has been quoted several times in interviews in the speedway star and on social media that the reassessed rule has stopped riders like Piotr, Zagar and Woffy coming back who seemed set to because of that ruling. CVS mentioned it at a talk in in November and wax reiterated again on Tuesday. Woffy was interested in coming back, we know Zagar was looking to rejoin the Aces whilst Piotr had asked Wolves to circulate his name with a supposed 'done deal' to join Poole. It's not so much debate as a known thing. 

Just now, theblueboy said:

But you don’t know the rule either yet are saying it’s ok? 

The easiest rule would have been to say anybody that has ridden in any GP within the last 2 seasons is a 9 unless they have ridden and attained an average in the UK in that period. 

I mean, how hard is that?

No ambiguity. Everyone, supporters, promoters and riders know the score.

The BSPA are continued embarrassment to the sport. A bunch of bumbling fools that are not worth steam off anyone’s p*ss

What and saddle the likes of Smolinski and Jepsen Jensen with 9.00 figures?! Because thats fair isnt it. 

Should be absolutely no such ruling. Any Gp rider with an old average should be allowed to return on that figure and any newcomer, ie Vaculik, should be given a fair assessed figure. 

The likes of Tai and Zagar should of been allowed back in on their old figures. Its absolutely pathetic how they aren’t. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

I have never liked Ford I am a Poole fan have been since 90's, the race jackets look sh1te they don't look like they fit some riders and the design why not don an old pirates design for the anniversary it makes more sense. 

Also I don't understand why they would try and host such a big meeting in March with the unpredictable weather why not in the summer months its brain dead. 

First of, the bibs are a throw back with an updated twist, nothing wrong with that, most of the purists who have been going since the 60's and 70's like them.
The reason the meeting was hosted now is due to rider avaliabillity, you would have no chance of getting that field together in mid summer due to riding comitments.
So now is the best time, but  you take your chance with the weather, its worked in the past but sadly not this time. The fans miss out on seeing a good field but Matt stood to lose a lot more if he had to cancel and we are not talking any profit. Tell me whats your beef with Matt, you must have a reason for not liking him ? tell all, im all ears  he is a decent bloke, admittedly calls a spade a spade and id have it no other way,  but he  is a  very  good promoter and person.

Edited by Starman2006

7 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

But you don’t know the rule either, Steve, yet are saying it’s ok? 

Yes its ok because its been sanctioned. Kildemand has never been a gp rider. Just a reserve last year who got rounds through injuries.

• Like 1