British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

pinny not sure i agree with with your tone,but you are 100%correct starman is a total embarrassment  to poole speedway and its supporters.he is a volunteer(for which matt like all promoters appreciates) and performs several menial tasks on racenight but is in no way connected to the promotion and certainly not track prep(he would know as much about track prep as me, basically nothing)he made a mistake re "rideable/raceable" just needed to say oops sorry not proceed with ludicrous posts

Er excuse me. is that right im a total embariment yeh ? 'i'l tell you something. IF a track is RACEABLE it means you can go flat out, if a track is RIDEABLE in the instance of rain it means you can just ride it, causiously. And that is not good for riders nor fans. now if you want to argue that ask Neil. at 30.30 4pm that track was RACEABLE. And yes i have more idea about track prep that you. Now you know who i am come and speak to me next friday.

Edited by Starman2006

There was only one club due to sign a GP rider following a years absence. 

Peeing myself literally at people saying they should be careful what they post on here because it could have implications fk me get out more!

Have people never been on any other sporting discipline forum jeez think you'd be in for a culture shock but as usual this is Speedway and everything is still living in the 70's

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

Peeing myself literally at people saying they should be careful what they post on here because it could have implications fk me get out more!

Have people never been on any other sporting discipline forum jeez think you'd be in for a culture shock but as usual this is Speedway and everything is still living in the 70's

Agreed. I don’t think I need to worry about the speedway police turning up at my door. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Agreed. I don’t think I need to worry about the speedway police turning up at my door. 

Some people need to get with the program on here 

1 minute ago, Agrotron said:

Some people need to get with the program on here 

I don’t think Chris Holder and Jack is over because they had a bottle of JD. 

Was as simply saying guess he isn’t riding in Poland on Sunday. 

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gordon. Thanks for clarifying there is and never was a 9 point rule. Sounds like a case of ‘if it’s repeated enough times on the forum it will become fact’.

A real shame about the rain coming along at the wrong time. All that time and effort wasted. Hope the 70th dinner tonight is a huge success.

I'm sure that just after the promoters conference, they posted about all GP riders having a 9 average & then amended it to say" GP riders without a previous UK average". That would explain Zagar being told he was a 9 early on. I would imagine that if any club wanted to bring him at some time in the season, his average would be his 2016 average. I would also think that most clubs would baulk at his wage demands.

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Er excuse me. is that right im a total embariment yeh ? 'i'l tell you something. IF a track is RACEABLE it means you can go flat out, if a track is RIDEABLE in the instance of rain it means you can just ride it, causiously. And that is not good for riders nor fans. now if you want to argue that ask Neil. at 30.30 4pm that track was RACEABLE. And yes i have more idea about track prep that you. Now you know who i am come and speak to me next friday.

The problem is which you don't seem to have grasped is that you said it was raceable not rideable, we know you meant it was rideable not raceable but that isn't what you said. 

• Like 2

Unbelievably he just keeps digging rather than admitting he made a mistake - how many pages is that now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The problem is which you don't seem to have grasped is that you said it was raceable not rideable, we know you meant it was rideable not raceable but that isn't what you said. 

I said it was RACEABLE not just rideable, please read the post.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I said it was RACEABLE not just rideable, please read the post.

Think it's you who needs to re-read your post.    The word "just" was not there.

You said the track was  "raceable, not rideable",  which clearly makes no sense.   If it wasn't rideable, then it can't have been raceable either.

If you had used the word "just" (which you are now trying to slip in) you'd have been saying that the track was "not just rideable, but raceable too"  and that would have made sense.

By not re-reading your post and correcting your mistake you've just succeeded in making yourself look a fool for about 7 pages.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Think it's you who needs to re-read your post.    The word "just" was not there.

You said the track was  "raceable, not rideable",  which clearly makes no sense.   If it wasn't rideable, then it can't have been raceable either.

If you had used the word "just" (which you are now trying to slip in) you'd have been saying that the track was "not just rideable, but raceable too"  and that would have made sense.

By not re-reading your post and correcting your mistake you've just succeeded in making yourself look a fool for about 7 pages.

Stop picking holes. You know what i said. no bigger fool that you. Havnt you got yor own team to follow ?

Edited by Starman2006

28 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

I'm sure that just after the promoters conference, they posted about all GP riders having a 9 average & then amended it to say" GP riders without a previous UK average". That would explain Zagar being told he was a 9 early on. I would imagine that if any club wanted to bring him at some time in the season, his average would be his 2016 average. I would also think that most clubs would baulk at his wage demands.

Zagar when interviewed in the clip I posted a few poss back said he was only riding Poland and the GPs. So has he priced himself out of Sweden as well as the UK?

5 hours ago, Agrotron said:

Doesn't matter if it was Jacks Birthday does it season is on us.

Chris is season hasn't started yet