British Speedway Forum

all these riders we are signings i wonder what will happen to the riders this season pie in the sky

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Thanks Steve, although surely the 9 months must be nearly up, or is a work permit issue now?

I am only speculating but he isn’t riding in todays pairs meeting in Poland, so why not? He has issues, granted, but seemed happy enough at p&p on Wednesday. Pretty sure it’s not a state of mind issue, so other than a visa issue, which was mentioned recently, I can’t see what else it could be.

He rode for Kings Lynn last season before being sacked. He stayed in the UK. The visa would have been granted for working for Kings Lynn, so once his job was terminated did he have the right to remain in the UK? I don’t know just asking.

This might have caused an issue when applying for a fresh visa. Hence the delay in not leaving the UK, for fear of not being able to get back in if he went to Poland.

Or, in a worst case scenario, he might be in a position where he would have to return to Australia and apply for a fresh working visa to ride for Poole, a new employer. In which case he would be out of action for possibly months.

I am speculating, nothing more. I don’t know what’s going on but the way the club are saying the issue will be rsovd in a couple of weeks leads me to believe this all stems back to last seasons sacking which has had a bad knock on effect for Chris Holder and his new club. Nigel Leahy at Poole is an expert on getting riders visas sorted out. If he can’t do it, Kildemand might well be a long term replacement if he wants the job. If not, Woffinden is waiting in the wings.

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

point taken

Wasn’t aimed at you just everybody knit picking over raceable and rideable.  Boring!

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Blimey, theres a blast from the past, where you been? Hope you've been ok ?

Yeah not bad thanks Starman. Just stopped coming on here when the team was announced as what else is there to say? But now the season is just about under way thought i'd have a peek!

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure I read on this thread somewhere that Frederick Jakobsen has become a Poole asset.....not according to the Belle Vue programme last night which says the Aces invited him over to have a look at him.

Nothing stopping him going out on loan ;)

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nothing stopping him going out on loan ;)

I thought you had to ride for the club before coming a asset may be wrong .nice to see you back

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am only speculating but he isn’t riding in todays pairs meeting in Poland, so why not? He has issues, granted, but seemed happy enough at p&p on Wednesday. Pretty sure it’s not a state of mind issue, so other than a visa issue, which was mentioned recently, I can’t see what else it could be.

He rode for Kings Lynn last season before being sacked. He stayed in the UK. The visa would have been granted for working for Kings Lynn, so once his job was terminated did he have the right to remain in the UK? I don’t know just asking.

This might have caused an issue when applying for a fresh visa. Hence the delay in not leaving the UK, for fear of not being able to get back in if he went to Poland.

Or, in a worst case scenario, he might be in a position where he would have to return to Australia and apply for a fresh working visa to ride for Poole, a new employer. In which case he would be out of action for possibly months.

I am speculating, nothing more. I don’t know what’s going on but the way the club are saying the issue will be rsovd in a couple of weeks leads me to believe this all stems back to last seasons sacking which has had a bad knock on effect for Chris Holder and his new club. Nigel Leahy at Poole is an expert on getting riders visas sorted out. If he can’t do it, Kildemand might well be a long term replacement if he wants the job. If not, Woffinden is waiting in the wings.

Have to say quite a blow if you cant use Holder as his average was ridiculous and while many fans like to "slag " him off at present they would all (except KL) have him on that average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It says here that if someone on a work permit loses their job thrn it is the respinsibility of the sponsor to notify the home office within 10 days. http://www.redwingimmigration.co.uk/tier-2-visa-curtailed/

Who was Holder's sponsor last year? Troy Bachelor lost his job at the same time but has no issues this year. Were both sponsored by King's Lynn or by previous employers?

There could be a connection with that if it is a visa issue.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If the visa situation is the same as for us Brits in Aussie, if Holders visa became void after his sacking this would of meant him staying illegially in the country which is, when caught, an instant ban. There is no way he would of got back into the country once leaving if this was the case. 

In Australia, I have an Irish mate who was working in my trade and sponsored by the company (the same as Holder by Lynn).

he got sacked for numerous no shows on a Monday, and had 88 days to find a new employer to take on his sponsor visa. He found other work, cash in hand, worked for 6 months and then decided to go back to Ireland. 

As he had overstayed the 88 days granted, as soon as he checked into Melbourne airport, he was pulled in and given a three year ban from Australia and was told that even after 3 years, he would need a damn good case to be even considered to be let back in.

in a nutshell, unless the UK is massively different to Aussie border force, Holder didnt overstay any visa unlawfully in 2017.

Another question. Did Chris Holder leave the UK this last winter? He had no issue going to Poland and riding after is Kings Lynn sacking and coming back into the UK. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another question. Did Chris Holder leave the UK this last winter? He had no issue going to Poland and riding after is Kings Lynn sacking and coming back into the UK. 

He would of been given a set amount of time to find a new sponsor after Lynn notified immigration he no longer “worked” for them. As I said , in Australia its 88 days. So if this is the case in the UK, after his sacking he would still of been able to ride abroad and return to the UK for the rest of the season. 

Sure I read that he had stayed on in Australia after the GP here. 

All very confusing, but I have my doubts that it is visa related. 

Also, doesnt he own a house and have a kid in the UK? Which surely would make him a permanant resident or citizen?

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I thought you had to ride for the club before coming a asset may be wrong .nice to see you back

I assumed the same too, haven't seen that has been changed. 

The way the interview was worded on p+p day, i'd be surprised if it was visa stuff as it was all hush hush and surely it would have talked about openly. Unless it is a visa issue connected to another issue?

3 hours ago, ray c said:

It has been a rule in the past, whether it still is. No idea really! Watched the p+p interviews on youtube the other day and he was mentioned something about having an eye on him for the future but would have to watch it again to be sure!

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

It says here that if someone on a work permit loses their job thrn it is the respinsibility of the sponsor to notify the home office within 10 days. http://www.redwingimmigration.co.uk/tier-2-visa-curtailed/

Who was Holder's sponsor last year? Troy Bachelor lost his job at the same time but has no issues this year. Were both sponsored by King's Lynn or by previous employers?

There could be a connection with that if it is a visa issue.

I'm sure I read somewhere before that Batchelor was hoping to gain permanent residence, much like Mark Lemon, Kevin Doolan and Davey Watt had/have. Whether that happened or not though, I don't know but that could be the difference between him and Holder.