Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

The bank sold Brandon. We would've been in exactly the same position whoever was promoter of Coventry Speedway. However Sandhu was obviously at the time a great threat to others due to his wealth.

How would we have been in the same position with a different promoter if he paid his bills owned the stadium and didn't owe the bank anything the bank would not be involved 

Edited by Booey boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poole keith said:

"a big man in a small place" starman a ludicrous statement and a touch insulting to somerset speedway,speak regularly  to a guy who goes nearly all poole and somerset meetings and was his opinion that last yr of the two, somerset had the better crowds.Its very possible in fact probable that somerset have the better business model,they own their stadium so dont have to pay say 50/100 k yr in rent(pure guess)they keep all food and drink receipts and any car park receipts plus income from all other events at the stadium,of the two businesses to most businessmen i would think somerset would be the more attractive option

 

Well said that man - one of the best posts I've ever on this forum. Also showing what utter nonsense Starman continues to spout! 

There were a lot of questions over what Somerset could and couldn't afford over the winter. I'd say you've gone a long way to answering them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

How would we have been in the same position with a different promoter if he paid his bills owned the stadium and didn't owe the bank anything the bank would not be involved 

But Sandhu did (or someone closely connected) owed the bank money. If Sandhu or anyone else was owner of Coventry Bees the stadium would've still have been sold by Natwest as they wanted funds for whatever reason.

Edited by Woz01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You've all got your opinions, i have mine, if you dont like them please do not quote my post.Poole Keith, my post was not insulting towards  Somerset, ive been there a lot, and i admire what Bill Debbie  and Gary have done there and built it from scratch the track is also very simular to Poole, but wider, Matt has done very well at Poole as you well know, and we are a big club and thats where i make the term. Perhaps i should have put that in my original post and underlined it.., But you and others would still pick out something to have a pop at, no matter how small. Again you would all like word for word, no abreiviations, but you  should be  able to read between the lines. Gary would do the same at Somerset if he could,  make no bones about that as i said, he also takes a leaf out of Matts book, and as i  also said, he's a very shrewd manager. As i also said, and you failed to acknowledge, i was very suprised that they didnt win more titles in the championship, and i was there when they won there titles, and was over the moon for Bill Debbie and Gary, Gary also works hard to put together a side.  But again, like a lot of posters on here you read what you want to read.And being a poole fan, you seem very uptight. Perhaps you are not a fan of Matt either.

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Climb out of his arse. A big man in a small place?! WTF are you actually on about. Poole lost fans last season. How did this happen when the messiah was working so hard?

He’s not the messiah - he’s a very naughty boy :wink:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Booey boy said:

I blame partly blame matt Ford for the closure of Coventry  speedway because of 2011 Frost and Sandu signed riders on low averages ie Larson and Sunstrum bur he did not like that so got the rules changed for the average conversion.Partly because we smahad them in the play of final then spit the dummy and took the fireworks home and turned the water of 

Really, did you have a dream last night, then suddenly woke up ??  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Climb out of his arse. A big man in a small place?! WTF are you actually on about. Poole lost fans last season. How did this happen when the messiah was working so hard?

Please, dont lose any sleep mate, Pooles season ticket sales are way up this season on previous seasons, but i guess you forgot tha bit..  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Talk all you wish too.

The best 'promoter' in the country has caused hundreds, more likely thousands of fans to walk away from the sport. EVERY SINGLE clubs social media for the last ten years and more has been full every single season of fans sick of the manipulation and downright corruption in the sport with 95% of the time Ford and Poole squarely in the middle of it. Whether or not their complaints/suspicions were genuine or not, they were there and continue to be there. There is no doubt at all the damage it has done to the sport.

 

You have no proof of that, making accusations like that are not good.  Again, Matt runs Poole how he see's fit, how other promotions run there clubs is up to them, and if anything wasnt right the BSPA certainly wouldnt sanction it.
Funny how you say the last ten years or more, how many league titles is it ? Ang on you have to use two hands..;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Please, dont lose any sleep mate, Pooles season ticket sales are way up this season on previous seasons, but i guess you forgot tha bit..  ;)

Up from 200 to 300. And even those will stop going when you start getting beat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

You have no proof of that, making accusations like that are not good.  Again, Matt runs Poole how he see's fit, how other promotions run there clubs is up to them, and if anything wasnt right the BSPA certainly wouldnt sanction it.
Funny how you say the last ten years or more, how many league titles is it ? Ang on you have to use two hands..;)

Of course I have proof. It's on social media for all to view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thecoombdog said:

Up from 200 to 300. And even those will stop going when you start getting beat. 

 200 to 300,  but even if its that its still 100 more on the previous year. Matts put rtogether POTENTIALLY the best team in years, but we are under no illusions, we are there to be shot at, every other club will be after us, starting friday V Somerset, and believe me, Gary would like our scalps, and Neil will make the team well aware of that.. You reckon, think you will be wrong, see you in October...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Up from 200 to 300. And even those will stop going when you start getting beat. 

How do season tickets go down when you all ready bought one ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Of course I have proof. It's on social media for all to view. 

Ha ha ha. Thats hardly proof, thats forum talk :lol: Next..

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

 200 to 300,  but even if its that its still 100 more on the previous year. Matts put rtogether POTENTIALLY the best team in years, but we are under no illusions, we are there to be shot at, every other club will be after us, starting friday V Somerset, and believe me, Gary would like our scalps, and Neil will make the team well aware of that.. You reckon, think you will be wrong, see you in October...

The only thing you will see this friday is rain im afraid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy