British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats right, it suits you to pay on the gate, where's if you had to miss a 2-3 meetings for whatever reason it wouldnt matter to you, but those who feel they will go all season baring mishaps it makes sense to buy a season ticket.

1Do you know if we are doing on line tickets this season ?

i do know you could dowload an application form for season tickets, but for individual meetings im not sure.. But it might be an idea to enquire on friday if your going and if we are on. I dont know which side you go in but if you go via main grandstand pop in and see Matt, or if you go in glass grandstand side somebody should be there. i will be there and i could ask for you.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I think its up to the individual and there circumtances Daniel, those that feel they will go all season will buy a season ticket but should they miss a meeting or two then they would come out on the losing side. Those that have to work around work comitments obviously will be better off paying as they go. So it is an individual choice.

That's the thing, I was super excited about the team and the season ahead in 2017 so purchased my first ever season ticket.

Things that happened after that day v Poole at home left a very bitter taste in my mouth, so much so I didn't see every meeting after that.

I now don't have any idea if I'm going to pass the entrance gate at King's Lynn at all this season. The once burning light has been totally extinguished for the King's Lynn Stars. 

I still enjoy this forum and thing's about King's Lynn Stars but that may qell be it. Watch Speedway on TV, follow updates site and social media, probably go to Cardiff but I just don't feel Buster Chapman deserves any of my money in 2018.

4 hours ago, OFMiles said:

That unusual for you Steve to be an optimist!!!

Xcw forecast looking bad again, chances of meeting being on must be remote, probably ablout 10/1 chance!!!!

34 minutes ago, OFMiles said:

Xcw forecast looking bad again, chances of meeting being on must be remote, probably ablout 10/1 chance!!!!

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, I was super excited about the team and the season ahead in 2017 so purchased my first ever season ticket.

Things that happened after that day v Poole at home left a very bitter taste in my mouth, so much so I didn't see every meeting after that.

I now don't have any idea if I'm going to pass the entrance gate at King's Lynn at all this season. The once burning light has been totally extinguished for the King's Lynn Stars. 

I still enjoy this forum and thing's about King's Lynn Stars but that may qell be it. Watch Speedway on TV, follow updates site and social media, probably go to Cardiff but I just don't feel Buster Chapman deserves any of my money in 2018.

Im sorry to hear that, it doesnt take to many disatified customers to start a free fall. I do hope you regain your interest soon.

10 hours ago, TesarRacing said:

I seemed to remember Coventry & Peterborough trying to do the best for their respective clubs back in that winter of discontent but where did that get them?

The winter of discontent was caused by MF falling out of his pram after losing to Coventry and then seeking vengeance and retribution..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

The winter of discontent was caused by MF falling out of his pram after losing to Coventry and then seeking vengeance and retribution..

Absolute tosh. Coventry caused all the problems and were followed by a naive Rick Frost. He realised his mistake and back tracked but that idiot from Exeter almost brought about the demise of Coventry with his one man campaign which was not supported by anyone.  He got his just deserts by being banned from the sport for life.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Daniel just put it all to one side and give it another try you are obviously still are passionate about your speedway and the sport needs supporters like you.The sport pi.....         me off like hell at times but i have to go habit  i suppose but i see a few good races and   i suddenly forget all the  other crap  just give it another go.!!!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolute tosh. Coventry caused all the problems and were followed by a naive Rick Frost. He realised his mistake and back tracked but that idiot from Exeter almost brought about the demise of Coventry with his one man campaign which was not supported by anyone.  He got his just deserts by being banned from the sport for life.

Should also mention the indecent haste that another luminary of the sport rushed to take the 30 pieces of silver

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Should also mention the indecent haste that another luminary of the sport rushed to take the 30 pieces of silver

Not Starman was it?

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But you conveniently ignore the fact that it would never have got to that point if it had not been for the actions of Ford in the first place. The league is a much poorer place for absence of Coventry and Peterborough, 2 teams who have always brought excellent away support.

Who knows, maybe Poole could have afforded race suits this year if they were both still in the league!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

But you conveniently ignore the fact that it would never have got to that point if it had not been for the actions of Ford in the first place. The league is a much poorer place for absence of Coventry and Peterborough, 2 teams who have always brought excellent away support.

Who knows, maybe Poole could have afforded race suits this year if they were both still in the league!!

Poole could afford to buy the entire league race suits, but that wouldn't suit Matt's lifestyle. 

People aren't daft, they know why the happenings of winter 2010/11 occurred. Ford was made to look very silly on national TV in the Grand Final and by fair means or foul wasn't going to let it happen again. The guy is like a mafia boss, he runs everything from the shadows.

• Like 3